Nice to meet you all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfly 2

A Lonely Life Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope everyone is having a nice day and feeling loved and accepted today.

I am really struggling with life at the moment because I just lost my soulmate to covid pneumonia. I was fortunate and truly blessed to have even found my soulmate and spend many decades with him. Right now I am lonely and struggling and not sure how to find my spot in life at this moment. Hoping to make some friends here. I hope to get some support and to support others.

I love animals and palm trees and flowers and warm weather. Being out in the nature is one of my favorite things

I am sorry for your loss, welcome to the site there is many people here that are seeking friendship, understanding and many other things I'm sure that you will establish friendships along your journey wish you all the best hope you have a wonderful day as well :)

I am really struggling with life at the moment because I just lost my soulmate to covid pneumonia. I was fortunate and truly blessed to have even found my soulmate and spend many decades with him. Right now I am lonely and struggling and not sure how to find my spot in life at this moment. Hoping to make some friends here. I hope to get some support and to support others.

I love animals and palm trees and flowers and warm weather. Being out in the nature is one of my favorite things
Mine too,hello and welcome,I also live in Florida,I hope you can find some comfort here.

Most people do not understand losing a soulmate. At first yes, you are upset they are not there. But the big problem is as a soulmate there is no you, or I, only us. After one passes the us is gone and you have to relearn how to do everything again, only now you are alone. It is not just having someone to have dinner with, or the warmth of their body. It is decideing what soap to use, should you stand or sit, deciding to get out of Bed. The first time you were single you were young, lots of energy, all your friends were in the same situation. It was the same at work and at school and you had about 15 yrs to prepare. This time, you had everything planned out, you were looking forward to your future and then the door was slamed in your face. I guess the good news here is that even though it may feel like it, your not the only one in this situation. I was married to the perfect wife for me for 27 yrs, she passed of Breast Cancer in 01/2021 I will always love and miss her, but am ready to find somebody to have the same thing again, only differant.

Most people do not understand losing a soulmate. At first yes, you are upset they are not there. But the big problem is as a soulmate there is no you, or I, only us. After one passes the us is gone and you have to relearn how to do everything again, only now you are alone. It is not just having someone to have dinner with, or the warmth of their body. It is decideing what soap to use, should you stand or sit, deciding to get out of Bed. The first time you were single you were young, lots of energy, all your friends were in the same situation. It was the same at work and at school and you had about 15 yrs to prepare. This time, you had everything planned out, you were looking forward to your future and then the door was slamed in your face. I guess the good news here is that even though it may feel like it, your not the only one in this situation. I was married to the perfect wife for me for 27 yrs, she passed of Breast Cancer in 01/2021 I will always love and miss her, but am ready to find somebody to have the same thing again, only differant.
Hello and welcome I hope you find some comfort here.

Welcome to the forums Butterfly. I am so sorry for your loss.

You are all so wonderfully supportive here. I hope to be here for any of you who are looking for comfort.

PastorJay, you summed that up beautifully. I understand exactly what you were saying. I am in my mid-60s now and the last time I had a life without my soulmate, I was a teenager and had a much larger support system than I have now. Parents, uncles and aunts, siblings, etc. I know it isn't fresh and new, but I am so sorry for your loss. It's my understanding that it isn't something one ever totally recovers from.

Latest posts

Back