No expectations, but like minded conversation would be pleasant.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 135067

Reaction score
I'm more scientific than much else. I have a keen interest in the mechanical. I excel at problem solving. Sports and social activities bore me. I have a good appreciation of nature. I enjoy writing. I can do limited programming in HTML and PHP.

There is always some design I'm working on, usually it involves energy and how to manage it.

I used to enjoy riding my bike. Recently I don't have the stamina. I'm working on a design that will accommodate my declining health.

I think on the creative side. I'm not a proponent of art. I enjoy creating it more than experiencing it. That's not to say I can't appreciate talent when I see it.

I have a mild interest in astronomy and quantum physics. I mean, it's mostly about energy. That's sort of my thing.

I love the thought of the supernatural. I've experienced some things that I don't know how to explain otherwise. It's more a hope for 'magic' as opposed to a belief in it. Many of my stories gravitate around the super natural.

If you have an interest in any of the above I'd be eager to hear about your experiences.

I'm more scientific than much else.
Good!

I have a keen interest in the mechanical. I excel at problem solving.
Good! Same.

Sports and social activities bore me.
Good! Same. Ha! ha!

There is always some design I'm working on, usually it involves energy and how to manage it.
Awesome! I'm curious what you've worked on and what area. How about different forms of energy storage? I personally hate batteries, atleast the ones of the past and the current ones. Also the normal lithium batteries used right now are very dangerous. There are safer lithium batteries available. But, they aren't as energy dense. I've been waiting for a bettery battery for 30+ years.

I used to enjoy riding my bike. Recently I don't have the stamina. I'm working on a design that will accommodate my declining health.
I'm interested in hearing about your design. I made a recumbant years ago. But, I found it took more effort then a normal standup time bicycle. Maybe you need to progress to the battery assisted models. No shame in that as the youngsters are zooming all of the place with them.

It would seem we have some things in common. I hope we can share some experiences.

I hate batteries too. Electric cars are the future but it will be decades before batteries are anywhere near eco friendly. I have a lot to condemn them for.

Energy? Storage is the problem with today's sources. If you want to have energy that can power the future then the need for storage has to be eliminated.

What do you feel about hydrogen cells? They too have a long way to go, but when mature I think they'll be our best bet for sustainability. They fill at a pump like gas. They run on the most available element in the universe. They exhaust water. The cars are ready to go. Toyota has a great model in the works. The problem is producing and transporting liquid hydrogen to pumping stations. That might be a hurdle too big to solve.

My current project involves more efficient bicycle drives. It's been a seven year project that started while designing a recumbent. I'm building a drive now that could make the recumbent exceed upright performance. I guess you discovered the 'uphill' deficit of the recumbent. Yeah, the upright has a gravity advantage that the recumbent lacks. But if my drive works as predicted the recumbent could be an easier hill climb than the conventional upright. I'm in the midst of putting it on an existing two wheeler. I'll build the recumbent from scratch after I confirm the upright values.

Do you still have the recumbent?

No battery bicycles!

One of my goals is to build human power cars. There are others, the Elf for one. My expectation is to out perform them without a motor. Again, it depends on the stats for this drive build.

This is my second build. The first was fast, and it proved the theory for the drive, but it was clunky and heavy. No bearings. It was basically a test. I was going for speed when I should have gone for easy. I'll let you know more after I know more.

It's nice to find a kindred. I'll be here.

I hate batteries too. Electric cars are the future but it will be decades before batteries are anywhere near eco friendly. I have a lot to condemn them for.
It blows my mind, pun intended, all the investment going on in very dangerous explosive lithium batteries. The huge local electric company has been using huge arrays of them to try to store power. It's really hot here. So, it's easy to over heat one battery and then the entire array burns and you can't put the fire out until everything is completely burned out. Several fire fighters have died trying to put out the lithium storage fires too. It's like, do you guys not read anything before investing $millions into a very bad idea?

Energy? Storage is the problem with today's sources. If you want to have energy that can power the future then the need for storage has to be eliminated.
Well, Bam pointed out that there are several water energy storage solutions that may very well work out. IMO, energy storage is absolutely neccesary for solar and wind as part of the overall solution.

What do you feel about hydrogen cells? They too have a long way to go, but when mature I think they'll be our best bet for sustainability. They fill at a pump like gas. They run on the most available element in the universe. They exhaust water. The cars are ready to go. Toyota has a great model in the works. The problem is producing and transporting liquid hydrogen to pumping stations. That might be a hurdle too big to solve.
I like hyrdrogen. It's proven it works. I drove a hydrogren powered vehicle at a job 15 years ago. They even had their own hydrogen station. I could it is almost like a regular fuel station. BUT, you absolutely MUST be careful and pay attention when filling up. That's part of the problem. It's not something idiots should be using.

My current project involves more efficient bicycle drives. It's been a seven year project that started while designing a recumbent. I'm building a drive now that could make the recumbent exceed upright performance. I guess you discovered the 'uphill' deficit of the recumbent. Yeah, the upright has a gravity advantage that the recumbent lacks. But if my drive works as predicted the recumbent could be an easier hill climb than the conventional upright. I'm in the midst of putting it on an existing two wheeler. I'll build the recumbent from scratch after I confirm the upright values.
Wow! That's quite the project. I'm definitely curious about it. I used to have powerful legs. Now, when I ride my bike I usually stand to take advantage of gravity. It becomes more like climbing stairs.

Do you still have the recumbent?
No. Sold it years ago.

No battery bicycles!
Ha! ha! I used to be like that. But, I'm starting to think about it now. Ha! ha!

One of my goals is to build human power cars. There are others, the Elf for one. My expectation is to out perform them without a motor. Again, it depends on the stats for this drive build.

This is my second build. The first was fast, and it proved the theory for the drive, but it was clunky and heavy. No bearings. It was basically a test. I was going for speed when I should have gone for easy. I'll let you know more after I know more.

It's nice to find a kindred. I'll be here.
How do you account for all the weight? You can't get away from that. Plus the wind is a killer even on a regular bicycle. All the bodied bikes I've seen and read about in the past use electricy power of some sort.

How do you account for all the weight? You can't get away from that. Plus the wind is a killer even on a regular bicycle. All the bodied bikes I've seen and read about in the past use electricy power of some sort.

Well, a new drive will be pointless if it isn't more efficient.

Are you in the states? I'm northeast. You might be interested in my project if you are close. I can't say much now. Patent issues. But maybe after I file.

Well, a new drive will be pointless if it isn't more efficient.

Are you in the states? I'm northeast. You might be interested in my project if you are close. I can't say much now. Patent issues. But maybe after I file.
I'm in the SouthWest. I understand. It's so easy to get great ideas stolen.

Latest posts

Back