no friends and iIdon't mind

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theablekingathelstan

Reaction score
i don't hang out much, and don't really mind it. 
maybe I'm just a freak, i dunno. i'm just content doing my own thing, doing my job during the week and spending the weekend chilling.

When I was a kid, I thought I would be content with that also. Just working whatever paid the most that I could possibly do, and spending it on video games and other "nerdy" stuff, a nice car, and just being comfortable. In fact I went as far as to feel like things like drinking/partying and sexuality were "distractions" from being a "smart person", mostly for the purpose of gaining wealth. Looking back, I was kind of a weird nerd. I admit it.

But it gradually went out the window once I started becoming attracted to women and realized I needed to be more impressive and interesting than just being a comfortable, normal, "just OK" person to attract them. And once I started wanting to be an interesting person, not just a comfortable person, for myself, cause I was bored of me. I didn't like how blank and empty I felt, having no thoughts or ideas of my own.

If it doesn't bother you, then it's probably fine. The amount of social interaction we need (and alone time) is different for everyone.

Honestly, I thought I was pretty "normal" when I was younger. I had neighborhood friends as a kid. Right before I hit my teen years, there was a death in my family and I think that changed who i was into a more somber person. I was suddenly confronted with life and death issues in a big way. I think that made me more serious and I spent a lot of time thinking on life and death. So, i had friends in HS and so forth but I seemed to want to be more introverted. And in college i was so focused on my studies, etc. I have done well, am married with a good spouse and kids but we really keep to ourselves. In some ways, I think that might be "bad". We aren't having a lot of people over and seems everyone at work is having BBQs and all kinds of stuff. I am on the periphery and not someone who gets invited to things. I do have a few friends that live out of town and one best friend of over 30 yrs. So, at this point in my life, I am just tired. ANd i don't know how to make new friends. So, I am happy with my spouse and more solitary things like playing my guitar, cooking, etc.

Latest posts

Back