No relationship prospects.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've given up on starting a relationship. I've come to terms that there is just no one out there for me. Everyone my age who's around is taken, and online dating sites are no good considering they always recommend people that are three hours away. So I've simply given up.

Same here. But, I think it's a positive thing. However, since you aren't trying any more it makes it easier to start a conversation with a woman because it doesn't matter if it goes anywhere or not. So, there's more incentive to do it. Then you might actually make a connection with them. :)

I've given up on starting a relationship. I've come to terms that there is just no one out there for me. Everyone my age who's around is taken, and online dating sites are no good considering they always recommend people that are three hours away. So I've simply given up.

Do you need to limit yourself to people your age? Could you go younger?

Things go how they go. It's pretty nice when you can converse with a person knowing they're too far away.

Quitting gets a bad rap.

Consider what you might be avoiding. STDs. Jealous psycho ex boyfriend. Nagging. Financial burden. Costly divorce.

That said, why would you travel three hours to her?

Why not an ad: I live in the great white north away from crime, pollution and chaos.
I have a peaceful wonderful life to offer a woman willing to invest in this, and ready to get away from it all. Come out and see for yourself.

Ever see the movie Baby Boom?

Same here. But, I think it's a positive thing. However, since you aren't trying any more it makes it easier to start a conversation with a woman because it doesn't matter if it goes anywhere or not. So, there's more incentive to do it. Then you might actually make a connection with them. :)

Concur. A good reality check can be, "If sex were not a possibility, would I tolerate this kind of behavior, find this person worth my time?"

Latest posts

Back