No Sense of Purpose in Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really have no purpose. I don’t make friends easily, family doesn’t care, lost too many at a young age. I just do my own thing and wonder why I continue to.

For the same reason we all continue. I also don't know. Something drives me forward. I also do my own thing. Many i know locally are in the same boat. People in my circle of good neighbors, good acquaintances also don't have any friends. Even neighbors who don't talk to me don't have any friends and i assume no families because nobody ever comes to visit them. Couples and singles keep to themselves and do their own thing just like us. None of us have a purpose. We are all insignificant. But i'm very significant very important to myself. I'm the highest authority in the Universe over myself. And so are you. And so are others. You're the most important person in your life.

For the same reason we all continue. I also don't know. Something drives me forward. I also do my own thing. Many i know locally are in the same boat. People in my circle of good neighbors, good acquaintances also don't have any friends. Even neighbors who don't talk to me don't have any friends and i assume no families because nobody ever comes to visit them. Couples and singles keep to themselves and do their own thing just like us. None of us have a purpose. We are all insignificant. But i'm very significant very important to myself. I'm the highest authority in the Universe over myself. And so are you. And so are others. You're the most important person in your life.
I’m not even important to myself.

But why? Maybe we have different ideas about being most important to ourselves? What/who makes you think you're not important to yourself?
I guess cause I don’t like myself. I view myself as pointless. Sigh, it is what it is, I guess.

I guess cause I don’t like myself. I view myself as pointless. Sigh, it is what it is, I guess.

Just like that? Pointless? Don't like yourself? There must be more to it. I can say the same about myself. I'm definitely pointless. And so is everyone else i know. But it's not a good reason to hate self. I'd never say i don't like myself.

Scarlet2020, you may not recognize or appreciate your value and purpose in life yet, but you definitely have it. Here's a Psalm 139 exerpt from King David that applies to each of us, including FrancisG, U-122, and YOU.

For you [LORD] created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book.

Latest posts

Back