No success in dating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Assimilate

Hungry Man instant dinner enthusiast.
Reaction score
After a long time being single I've been on a few dates recently. The women I met were nice but I had a hard time relating to them. It felt like there was a mile wide gap between our personalities. I was polite and listend had a nice meal but I just couldn't bring myself to care about their social media things or workplace drama or some generic TV show

It seems like I only connect with very bland women, or ones who are unwilling to show me anything but a superficial side of themselves. Where would I even go to find women who are weirdos like me? Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Try different avenues like Star Trek conventions or medieval reenactments. Think outside the boring box.
People who like Star Trek and reenactments are too normal. For me it’s getting drunk and finger painting. I also don’t like large crowds to be honest.

After a long time being single I've been on a few dates recently. The women I met were nice but I had a hard time relating to them. It felt like there was a mile wide gap between our personalities. I was polite and listend had a nice meal but I just couldn't bring myself to care about their social media things or workplace drama or some generic TV show

It seems like I only connect with very bland women, or ones who are unwilling to show me anything but a superficial side of themselves. Where would I even go to find women who are weirdos like me? Does anyone else have a similar experience?
At least you been on a few dates, I can't even tell you the last date I've been on one?

I'm on match.com, been on close to 3 months and not 1 response, I've sent message after message and no one responds?
I've hit on women and nothing, feel like something is wrong with me.

I'm not deformed, handicap, 500lbs, I'm at the worst an average looking guy who's 55, little overweight mostly in stomach but not a bad looking guy, I have a secure job over 5 years, own a condo, have a few bucks in bank, no serious debt yet I am still single and it boggles my mind.

I know much worse people who are in relationships or married, I see homeless bums in relationships, I have a home, job, a little money, car, responsible etc.. yet I'm single and see so many losers with a woman, it's beyond frustrating!

Then again I could be with some psycho ***** from hell..

Nope, no more of them idiots, first red flag and it's over, no more time for patience or understanding, screw that noise!

Problem is I am not even getting that?

So you're not alone bro!

That's a difficult one. The "weirdos" tend to lurk in places that make them difficult to find. I've been very lucky in my life that I tend to attract that type and they are the type that I overwhelmingly prefer. I met my wife in an art museum years ago and I had some reservations at first, but over time we opened up and realized that we had far more in common than we thought. It took time, a little risk and a little bit of patience. She was initially afraid to show her "non-typical" side, but I sensed it existed, so I persevered. Some people just take time to open up. A first date can be nerve-wracking and many people don't want to come off as "weirdos" so they bottle up and talk about "safe" topics initially. But, sadly, they could just be superficial as well. A single date will rarely tell you that definitively, so don't let first impressions throw you astray.

Latest posts

Back