Not sure what to do. Help Please !

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188522

Reaction score
My purchase from an e-bay seller was for 40lbs of peanuts. They never arrived. Fed-ex said they were delivered and left at my front door on Sept.7 at 2:01 pm. That was not possible. Ergo, I rolled back the security tape, and no Fed-Ex delivery took place. I notified E bay and called Fed-Ex. Fed-ex told me a different address was in the system for that tracking number.
Here is where I need your advice. The seller wrote me and asked me to close the case, and she promised to resend my $60 order. The seller wrote me via Email.
" You know me; I will take care of it."
"The dispute is lowering my seller's score."

What would you do? Please forum. You are my only friend. Please, what say you say? If I close the case, I void my refund from E bay.

I would tell her you will close the case when you get the new order or the refund, whichever comes first. Not your fault they screwed up if you have proof that the correct address was in the system.

I would tell her you will close the case when you get the new order or the refund, whichever comes first. Not your fault they screwed up if you have proof that the correct address was in the system.
Callie, I was hoping you would reply; I greatly value your opinion!

My purchase from an e-bay seller was for 40lbs of peanuts. They never arrived. Fed-ex said they were delivered and left at my front door on Sept.7 at 2:01 pm. That was not possible. Ergo, I rolled back the security tape, and no Fed-Ex delivery took place. I notified E bay and called Fed-Ex. Fed-ex told me a different address was in the system for that tracking number.
Here is where I need your advice. The seller wrote me and asked me to close the case, and she promised to resend my $60 order. The seller wrote me via Email.
" You know me; I will take care of it."
"The dispute is lowering my seller's score."

What would you do? Please forum. You are my only friend. Please, what say you say? If I close the case, I void my refund from E bay.
I can sense that you want to help out the seller, but my advice to you is to keep on track with your current dispute. The reason is simple. Sixty bucks. Thanks!!

I can sense that you want to help out the seller, but my advice to you is to keep on track with your current dispute. The reason is simple. Sixty bucks. Thanks!!
You hit the nail on the head. Thanks so much for the advice.

As Callie said don't close the dispute until you have your goods or money back. An open case doesn't affect the sellers score. Point the seller towards this EBay term and hopefully she'll sort it double quick.

" Any dispute of a protected sale won't impact your seller performance rating if you resolve the dispute proactively and have your buyer withdraw the claim before it is escalated to a customer service representative. "

I'm so sorry that happened to you. But, I'm not surprised. The chipmunks love nuts. I'm sure Alvin got the address routed to his place. He's really sneaky like that. And, well, I doubt you'll ever see those nuts again. Just look at Theodore. I bet half of the take is right there in his belly. And his cheeks are bulging!

iu

Explain you'll close the case when it's settled, and if I was the seller I wouldn't expect anything else. Whatever happens you should at least get your money back, I think you're covered by paypal in that way.

In fact just last week I ordered a replacement set of laptop speakers and they sent me the wrong ones (pet hate!) I always message them before I take it further, as of yet they've not replied, so if they don't by Monday I'll take it further.

As it was suggested, I wouldn't close the dispute before you get the refund.
I suppose a seller is not your best friend why should you close the dispute and care about their scores? Anyway it's not the dispute lowering their scores, but their mistake. Good Luck.

An open case doesn't affect the sellers score.
^ That's an important thing! I don't use Ebay, but I've never heared that a dispute can lower anything, only the result. And also as I know once you close a case you can't proove anything else. So it's quite suspicious.

Latest posts

Back