Now I messed up my knees...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthless_loser

Reaction score
I got a standing desk recently.
I thought it would be better to alternate between sitting and standing all day.
But I stood for too long and now my knees have been hurting for several days.

I don't know what's wrong with them yet.
I have to call the doctor.
But I called him just recently about my hip and wrist.
I hope they're just sore, and I didn't damage the cartilage or bones.

I hate myself.
I keep trying to exercise so I can be in shape and go out and do things, but I keep hurting myself doing not even difficult exercises.
Then after I hurt myself, I have to just stop doing things.
I tried doing stuff while I was sore and that just made it worse.
The only reason I'm not worse is because of my parents.
They let me mooch off of them and take care of me when I'm injured.
If it wasn't for them, I'd probably be homeless and crippled.

I'm supposed to be taking care of them.
But I can't even take care of myself.
I don't know how I'm going to live my life at some point.

worthless_loser said:
I got a standing desk recently.
I thought it would be better to alternate between sitting and standing all day.
But I stood for too long and now my knees have been hurting for several days.

I don't know what's wrong with them yet.
I have to call the doctor.
But I called him just recently about my hip and wrist.
I hope they're just sore, and I didn't damage the cartilage or bones.

I hate myself.
I keep trying to exercise so I can be in shape and go out and do things, but I keep hurting myself doing not even difficult exercises.
Then after I hurt myself, I have to just stop doing things.
I tried doing stuff while I was sore and that just made it worse.
The only reason I'm not worse is because of my parents.
They let me mooch off of them and take care of me when I'm injured.
If it wasn't for them, I'd probably be homeless and crippled.

I'm supposed to be taking care of them.
But I can't even take care of myself.
For a start Constant is right on your former posts get your name changed I got my changed it really cant help your confidence. Now I know from experience standing in one position or sitting plays havoc with your joints you really need to get moving around go for some walks or gentle bike riding trust me it works and helps you destress.I walked for five hours straight to get over an argument with trouble,walked amongst dog walkers at the end I got over the whole thing and apologised for being an arse,but I felt great.If you get used to doing these things then start doing weights just biulding up slowly, it really will help with your mindset too make you feel energised. 

Now question of mooching of your lovely what sounds like supportive parents. Who cuts their lawn?Who does washing up ,hanging washing out,cleans toilets,repaints their house ,walks dogs if you have one bet they would be grateful .Now I know you got some sort of computer job but what if your neighbours see you doing these things during gaps in your work they'll think great may be that useful looking geezer can do ours and pay you money for it :) .Better still find a wealthy area put ads out,doing say cutting lawns,walking dogs etc.I did this when I was 13 at weekends. Believe me the rich love being mooched off,they hate doing all the mundane stuff like weeding the garden,cleaning the pools out ,washing their Astons etc I've been mooching off them for a long time,they love it and pay good money to be mooched off.One rich gent wanted me to chauffeur his kids to school and take his wife shopping in a nice black jag,God why did I turn that down :club: Get some liability insurance so if you break something whilst mooching off them your covered.

What I'm getting at is you need to get active and if you can help your parents, which I did for fifteen years after my Dad died they will love you for it :)

worthless_loser said:

Don't be so hard on yourself! We all injure our bodies from time to time. It's part of life.

Hope your knees are better soon.

You say your knees have been hurting. Can you describe that better? Like what does it feel like, can you walk on it, does it keep you up at night, etc etc. What was wrong with your hip and wrist that you had to call the doc?

If you keep trying to exercise and injure yourself so you don't do anything, it could just be that you aren't used to the exercising and the joints are trying to get used to it. Do you stretch properly? I would recommend trying to stretch more, give your body a chance to become more adjusted. Even if you don't exercise, do stretches that will benefit your knees and hips and wrists and shoulder and everything else.

As for taking care of people, why can't you all take care of each other? You don't want to mooch, then help out. Don't make excuses, just do it.

Latest posts

Back