Observations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memyself

Reaction score
Post any kind of observation, let’s see if we can “infect” each other to start observing the same.

I will start with turntables in movies. Since I observed that contemporary movies prefer playing records on turntables, I see it all the time. Can’t recall when was the last time I saw someone playing a CD.

Post any kind of observation, let’s see if we can “infect” each other to start observing the same.

I will start with turntables in movies. Since I observed that contemporary movies prefer playing records on turntables, I see it all the time. Can’t recall when was the last time I saw someone playing a CD.
I like the guy in Guardians of the Galaxy with his Walkman and a cassette tape

Speaking of movies, no matter what fresh mess is happening to the protagonist, they would be asked “are you ok” and the answer is always “yes”

My observation is that I may run out of Keiths. Likewise, whilst I do not enslave Garys, when was the last time you met one aged below 40. I fear they are being harvested elsewhere. Intuition suggests, call centres are filled with unwanted Garys.

Last edited:
I got an one… once you observe something, you never miss it. So, no matter the season, I see anchors, discussion panels where one is wearing a sweater, a man wearing obligatory suit and tie, and there is a woman in a sleeveless dress.

I've never seen anything that doesn't exist in front of some kind of background.

Slim participation despite this being a very observant crowd, so me, myself and I will continue on….

I have observed this, and it’s been driving me crazy to hear ”R” at the end of certain words, especially constantly hearing “idear“ So this morning, after hearing AfricaR, I just had to google… So it wasn’t my hearing, it’s a thing…

You have no idear!​

Q: Where does the additional “r” sound come from when people in certain areas of the Northeast want a drink of “soder” or think of an “idear”?
A: This “r” business is a bit more complicated than you might think. The short answer is that the addition of an “r” sound at the end of a word like “soda” or “idea” is a regionalism and isn’t considered a mispronunciation. Here’s the story.
In English words spelled with “r,” the consonant used to be fully pronounced everywhere. But today, some speakers (particularly in certain parts of England and the Eastern US) give “r” its full sound only before a vowel, either in the same word or in the word immediately following.

Everything needs to be new and improved:

For products it usually just means the price increased, or the amount of product decreased, or both.
iu

Everything needs to be new and improved:

For products it usually just means the price increased, or the amount of product decreased, or both.
iu
Omg, so true! I often wondered how many new, improved, revolutionary toothbrushes can they possibly put on the market. Come on, it’s a toothbrush!

WTF has happened to chronological order? Start watching something, next thing you see 1973, 6 months earlier, 3 days ago…. Head spinning, annoying and I can’t get used to this new normal.

WTF has happened to chronological order? Start watching something, next thing you see 1973, 6 months earlier, 3 days ago…. Head spinning, annoying and I can’t get used to this new normal.
What were you watching?
I remember watching The Witcher season 1 and the story was quite chaotic jumping around different timelines. Even though i had read some of books and played the games, still had a bit of trouble following. Season 2 was alright though.

I've observed that observation takes way too much time and effort. The vast majority of things and events in our lives are beyond our ability to control, observing them only makes frustration levels increase.
I've also observed way too often I seem to be wishing way too much lately to become stupider.

What were you watching?
I remember watching The Witcher season 1 and the story was quite chaotic jumping around different timelines. Even though i had read some of books and played the games, still had a bit of trouble following. Season 2 was alright though.
I was watching Dopesick on Hulu. It’s about Oxy adiction and Perdue pharma. It’s fictional, yet based on true events. It was so annoying that I observed its happening a lot, maybe not as annoying as Dopesick which was constant.

Latest posts

Back