Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the Doom 3: BFG Edition. This must be the third time I'm attempting to complete the game, but this time no technological obstacles and crashes should get in the way. Probably.

I've been playing Fallout 4 way too much. I started off thinking of it as a watered down version of Fallout 3 and was particularly bothered by how small the map initially appeared, but it actually has far more locations than either 3 or New Vegas and there's a lot more verticality. The combat is much improved too.

There are things I don't like though. Your stats make far less difference that they did in the previous games; charisma options being particularly underwhelming. The loss of the 'Wild Wasteland' perk removes a lot of the humour from the game and the random encounters are far less interesting than they were in the previous 2 games. All in all, I still think that's it's a more than worthy entry in the series.

Rodent said:
Bought the Doom 3: BFG Edition. This must be the third time I'm attempting to complete the game, but this time no technological obstacles and crashes should get in the way. Probably.

I've replayed D3 several times. It's really cool and atmospheric, even now :D Highly recommend it
17_1-300x225.jpg

Garrett said:
I've replayed D3 several times. It's really cool and atmospheric, even now :D Highly recommend it

It ran smoothly so far and I think it has aged well. I'm 3-4 hours into it now but haven't played since Christmas...yeah, I won't bother naming all the games I picked in the latest Steam Sale which are distracting me.

Except for Paint The Town Red. So now even I can scratch "Partake in a bar brawl" from my bucket list. Otherwise I'll never get a chance to throw so many ashtrays into people's faces.

I might start Dying Light or Alien: Isolation next. Anyone tried either of these?

edgecrusher said:
I might start Dying Light or Alien: Isolation next. Anyone tried either of these?

I got a couple of hours in Alien: Isolation. The gameplay and atmosphere was really good, but crawling around in the dark and getting the drop on enemies can require a lot of patience...maybe too much for me. In the end I got sidetracked by something else, but I may pick it up again.

Dying Light is indexed around here, sadly. But it looked perfect for my tastes, so maybe I'll find a way to get my hands on it someday. Preferably legal of course, heh.

Just discovered the release of Assasin's Creed Chronicles India, am gonna wait until china/india/Russia are released onto vita then purchase that bundle.

I have an interest in history and it seems these titles will fit the bill

nondescript said:
Just discovered the release of Assasin's Creed Chronicles India, am gonna wait until china/india/Russia are released onto vita then purchase that bundle.

I have an interest in history and it seems these titles will fit the bill

I saw that too, just added it onto my wish list. :p

I started playing Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation since I finished playing with AC3 a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, been gaming some random games with some peeps here too.

Started Dying Light. Like it so far. Really atmospheric and the parkour aspect works well.

I've waited years to play Call of Cthulhu properly and while the Steam version is still kinda riddled with bugs, it seems I can work around most of them with enough patience. The horror is real though...and worth its price for 2,49.

I also bought Brink which has extremely mixed reviews, but most of them attributed to a completely dead multiplayer aspect which is fine by me. The singleplayer campaign and freeplay seems entertaining enough and the customization options for characters and weaponry is impressive.

edgecrusher said:
Started Dying Light. Like it so far. Really atmospheric and the parkour aspect works well.

Ahhhhhhh i play DL, i love zombies and shiet, wanna play together?

About to start The Walking Dead: Michonne.
Then probably Far Cry: Primal after that.

After what feels like an eternity of on-and-off playing I finished The Evil Within. It wasn't that hard (on medium difficulty) after all, but there were some really frustrating chapters that dragged on. Overall still an enjoyable experience, so I'll probably do some New Game+ runs now.

Bought a bunch of RPGs titled 3089, 4089 and 5089 because they looked interesting...and I'm gonna try Dirt 3 since I'm the mood for racing again.

Some recent stories that happened:

• I decided to play Game Dev Tycoon again, and I started a company named "Team Rocket", and named my player character as Giovanni. My first game (called "Zubat") was an intentionally bad game. My next game was made much better, so great that I could immediately leave the garage. I can't remember the exact name, but I remember that it got 8-8-8-9 scores. After leaving the garage, I immediately made a team of 2 people. Made some sh***y games while did commissions to make money. When the team was done and trained enough, we started to create medium level games on our own financial. Created a masterpiece RPG called "Fantasia" that was highly praised by the critics and went almost perfect, but the sales were horrible, and not because of the marketing. Then, made some mediocre action games called "The Duty Calls", making sequels after sequels, and because of marketing and enough fans, the company made more money than from good games.

• In Mount & Blade: Warband, I created a character originating from a poor Noble family who wants to become rich, later the ruler of the world, once and for all. I tried to ignore direct fight as much as possible, but also directly manipulated as many people as possible, and even went to be a vassal of the most influencing King of that time. However, when they sent me as a diplomat to have a meeting with the Sultan, instead of negotiating, I decided to simply fight and kidnap the country's ruler to weaken their empire as much as possible. The king entrusted me with a castle, and used the influence and power I gained to rebel against the King too to be the Emperor once and for all.

Currently playing Samurai Warriors, so some interesting things may happen there too :D

Hell yeah, Dying Light which is blocked in my country on Steam was released DRM-free on Good Old Games. I got it right away...praise Cthulhu for this miracle.

I played a bit of The Purring Quest... cute game, I got stuck at this level with the dog cos I just suck at jumping high. I also didn't finish playing AC 3: Liberation HD. I dunno, it's not as fantastic as the other ACs I've played before this one, so it seems to take me longer to finish, at the same time just the lack of time to play.

Also kinda started playing a bit of Sleeping Dogs. Really nice, but I just suck lol. Looking forward to more of it!

I've been thinking maybe I should take up an online game (like a fighting or FPS game) to play with other people, because it's another hobby and I can kind of be part of a community. But I'm not really sure what games on the Wii U or PS4 I could get into. Maybe Smash Bros. should be that game.
ladyforsaken said:
I played a bit of The Purring Quest... cute game, I got stuck at this level with the dog cos I just suck at jumping high. I also didn't finish playing AC 3: Liberation HD. I dunno, it's not as fantastic as the other ACs I've played before this one, so it seems to take me longer to finish, at the same time just the lack of time to play.

Also kinda started playing a bit of Sleeping Dogs. Really nice, but I just suck lol. Looking forward to more of it!
Sleeping Dogs was pretty good. Underrated game.

Just completed Far Cry Primal. Waiting on Fallout 4 DLC, Witcher 3 DLC, and episode 5 of Minecraft Story Mode.

Playing AC Black Flag currently. I think this is gonna take me some time to finish lol. It's awesome so far though.

Latest posts

Back