Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little disappointed a couple of days ago.

I ordered a copy of FF IX online and when it arrived in the mail, I went to play it on my HD Smart TV, and the game graphics were so pixelated I couldn't possibly enjoy playing it like that. My PS3 is backwards compatible, so I figured it wasn't that. I did some research and read that the game's resolution was so far off from an HDTV caliber the picture sucks ass. Apparently, the game works just fine on a SD TV. I tried adjusting the resolution on my TV but nothing helped. Now I'm stuck with a gem I can't play until I find a SD TV. A huge pain in the ass to say the least.

Playing Mass Effect for the umpteenth time. I need something familiar right now.

Komodo said:
A little disappointed a couple of days ago.

I ordered a copy of FF IX online and when it arrived in the mail, I went to play it on my HD Smart TV, and the game graphics were so pixelated I couldn't possibly enjoy playing it like that. My PS3 is backwards compatible, so I figured it wasn't that. I did some research and read that the game's resolution was so far off from an HDTV caliber the picture sucks ass. Apparently, the game works just fine on a SD TV. I tried adjusting the resolution on my TV but nothing helped. Now I'm stuck with a gem I can't play until I find a SD TV. A huge pain in the ass to say the least.

Man, that sucks. :\

Time for you to get distracted with another game.

I've been playing AC Syndicate lately. I really like it, so much to do in there and best thing is, it doesn't have those ship missions I absolutely despise.

Just had to rant about this, it's not uncommon to get ignorant players in an MMO.  I play DCUO regularily, like ever day, and honestly I rarely run into really nasty players.  It's happened very little in six years.  I was playing a duo instance (two player only mission) with a random player.  The first person I had left after a few deaths with the final boss, they felt their character sucked for power, which really wasn't the reason they were dying, they didn't understand the mechanics of the instance.  
Another player came in and even though their Combat Rating was higher than the last person (and they had a better damage power) they were worse.  The person got mad at me for not picking them up when they got knocked out and called me a retard.  It would have been impossible for me to pick them up seeing as that I was taking all the damage since he was KO'd.  I asked him to leave, (I was the original player in that instance).  They refused to leave and then called me the N word, a noob and a ho.  They finally did leave.  I reopened it and had two other players come in but leave promptly.  Some don't like to come in at the final boss when an instance has been running for awhile.  My cock ticker was high because after the abuse I took I reported the player.  
Finally a person stuck around and helped finish off the last boss.  I was a little rattled still and messed up and got myself KO'd.  I know better than to respawn since it puts you at the start.  There is a long standing glitch in the instance that prevents you from getting loot if you do.  So after all that and the final boss was defeated I didn't even get the rewards from it.  
FMGL (the G stand for "game" lol)
/rant

I've Been playing the Witcher 3 on and off for almost a year now...practically forcing myself to complete it now. The better parts of the gameplay boils down to running from one quest marker/ cut-scene to the next and making sometimes interesting morally ambiguous dialogue choices, just like the previous game, but now open world and less compelling for it. It's hard to put a finger on what it is; a lot of old RPGs were lacking in areas as well, yet I still enjoyed them. Maybe it's the muddy environments, or the main story and sidequests which involve a lot of social realism that isn't typical for the genre, and maybe I'd rather just watch Game of Thrones for that. This game was supposed to buck the dumbing-down trend in AAA titles but I can't see how it does that either.

Sci-Fi said:
Just had to rant about this, it's not uncommon to get ignorant players in an MMO.  I play DCUO regularily, like ever day, and honestly I rarely run into really nasty players.  It's happened very little in six years.  I was playing a duo instance (two player only mission) with a random player.  The first person I had left after a few deaths with the final boss, they felt their character sucked for power, which really wasn't the reason they were dying, they didn't understand the mechanics of the instance.  
Another player came in and even though their Combat Rating was higher than the last person (and they had a better damage power) they were worse.  The person got mad at me for not picking them up when they got knocked out and called me a retard.  It would have been impossible for me to pick them up seeing as that I was taking all the damage since he was KO'd.  I asked him to leave, (I was the original player in that instance).  They refused to leave and then called me the N word, a noob and a ho.  They finally did leave.  I reopened it and had two other players come in but leave promptly.  Some don't like to come in at the final boss when an instance has been running for awhile.  My cock ticker was high because after the abuse I took I reported the player.  
Finally a person stuck around and helped finish off the last boss.  I was a little rattled still and messed up and got myself KO'd.  I know better than to respawn since it puts you at the start.  There is a long standing glitch in the instance that prevents you from getting loot if you do.  So after all that and the final boss was defeated I didn't even get the rewards from it.  
FMGL (the G stand for "game" lol)
/rant

That sucks :( To be honest I'm generally more surprised and impressed how even with the total lack of accountability and the anonymity in typical MMO PUGs , how more often than not, the groups are perfectly civil and cordial and cooperative. I think it's a little appreciated aspect of those communities that gets lost in the very memorable times when the groups go south.

ardour said:
I've Been playing the Witcher 3 on and off for almost a year now...practically forcing myself to complete it now.  The better parts of the gameplay boils down to running from one quest marker/ cut-scene to the next and making sometimes interesting morally ambiguous dialogue choices, just like the previous game, but now open world and less compelling for it. It's hard to put a finger on what it is;  a lot of old RPGs were lacking in areas as well, yet I still enjoyed them. Maybe it's the muddy environments, or the main story and sidequests  which involve a lot of social realism that isn't typical for the genre, and maybe I'd rather just watch Game of Thrones for that. This game was supposed to buck the dumbing-down trend in AAA  titles but I can't see how it does that either.

Oaahhh I haven't even unwrapped my Witcher 3 yet :(

That's ok, I know how to deal with pesky objective honest opinions and reality when it comes knocking :p

tumblr_ma2l4hkMfJ1ryatpyo1_500.gif

Skyless said:
ardour said:
I've Been playing the Witcher 3 on and off for almost a year now...practically forcing myself to complete it now.  The better parts of the gameplay boils down to running from one quest marker/ cut-scene to the next and making sometimes interesting morally ambiguous dialogue choices, just like the previous game, but now open world and less compelling for it. It's hard to put a finger on what it is;  a lot of old RPGs were lacking in areas as well, yet I still enjoyed them. Maybe it's the muddy environments, or the main story and sidequests  which involve a lot of social realism that isn't typical for the genre, and maybe I'd rather just watch Game of Thrones for that. This game was supposed to buck the dumbing-down trend in AAA  titles but I can't see how it does that either.

That's ok, I know how to deal with pesky objective honest opinions and reality when it comes knocking :p

To be honest I'm probably looking things to criticize since the atmosphere and world aren't my thing... 

Of course many people liked it, or at least have respect for what CD Projekt did with it, including old school cRPG fans. Give it go, the Bloody Baron quest is worth it.

ardour said:
Skyless said:
ardour said:

To be honest I'm probably looking things to criticize since the atmosphere and world aren't my thing... 

Of course many people liked it, or at least have respect for what CD Projekt did with it, including old school cRPG fans. Give it go, the Bloody Baron quest is worth it.

Hehe, you are allowed to not like something for any reason, I don't just like to hear things I want to be true, despite what the messing around above implies ;) I'll probably give it a shot when I have more time for something like that, my brother keeps sending me the original novels the series comes from, so I think I would like the world and lore. I really like that company, they show an extremely rare level of respect to their fans consistently with the free DLC, refusal to use anti piracy software and general openness and attention to detail. I defenitley don't mind supporting that on its own.

They seem to have improved upon the main game with the DLC (the main game's narrative is kind of dull and heavily derivative of an iconic JRPG I won't mention).

I've been playing as Byzantium in Crusader Kings II. Need to pull back on my plans to expand into all of Italy for a while, I'm getting military coalitions against me for all the invading I've done.

Paraiyar said:
I've been playing as Byzantium in Crusader Kings II. Need to pull back on my plans to expand into all of Italy for a while, I'm getting military coalitions against me for all the invading I've done.

I can't get into crusader kings 2.  Since they made something that was accessible without dlc now I need dlc for it.  Talking about the earlier time period.

I am completely disgusted with WB Games. I play the DC Legends app game on my Samsung device, which is powered by Android, since the daily restart and a game update was launched on Sept 29th the game has consistently given certain Android uses an "Out of Sync" message. Something was done in the last update that bugged the game for some users which seems to be spreading to more. Their "help and support" has been pitiful, almost non existent. There was one day I was actually able to play the game before it started to act up again. It doesn't seem like they know or really care what is causing the issue. Responses to tickets take days for a reply and it is with little information or hope that they are actively trying to find and fix the issue. It is disgusting that a game is run in such a way, no customer care, they just want to take your money and too bad so sad for you if you can't play their game.
/rant

I recently tried Amnesia: Dark Descent for the first time. I so wanted to love it and then gloat in how cool it was of me to like something that only cool people like.

Sadly, I found out I am not at all cool, because I got bored pretty quickly. Thanks for finding a new way to wound my self-esteem, video games.

I recently played Sonic Forces and finished it quite quickly, I was not surprised nor hyped over the game..
Also played Fallout 4 recently too, I really enjoy it, I seem to like Fallout better than Skyrim as I like future than past kind of games.

I remember someone saying that Chrono Cross was a terrible sequel, but a great game... and I'm just wishing all the throwbacks on Disc 2 were in the rest of the game. I'm finishing it up now and it finally feels like a sequel.

Sci-Fi said:
I am completely disgusted with WB Games.  I play the DC Legends app game on my Samsung device, which is powered by Android, since the daily restart and a game update was launched on Sept 29th the game has consistently given certain Android uses an "Out of Sync" message.  Something was done in the last update that bugged the game for some users which seems to be spreading to more.  Their "help and support" has been pitiful, almost non existent.  There was one day I was actually able to play the game before it started to act up again.  It doesn't seem like they know or really care what is causing the issue.  Responses to tickets take days for a reply and it is with little information or hope that they are actively trying to find and fix the issue.  It is disgusting that a game is run in such a way, no customer care, they just want to take your money and too bad so sad for you if you can't play their game.  
/rant

I wanted to get into DC Legends, but it seemed way too hard to obtain villain characters. I have a thing for Bat villains, but it seems like the only accessible ones were Joker, Harley Quinn and Bane, with Scarecrow being way too hard to get. I heard they're going to release Penguin too, which is great, but he'll probably be just as hard to get as Scarecrow.

Latest posts

Back