Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was losing interest in the Assassin's Creed series, last one I fully played was Black Flag, Syndicate I never even finished, not sure if I'm even half way through. But Assassin's Creed Origins has renewed my enjoyment for the game. I love exploring Ancient Egypt, I've spent hours just riding on horse back, or camel, or camel/Chocobo hybrid, climbing the pyramids and raiding them, lost of fun. Been having a lot of fun using the predator bow too, taking out guys from around the corner. The Final Fantasy quest I came upon was out of left field and unexpected, didn't know Ubisoft added it in.

Sci-Fi said:
Was losing interest in the Assassin's Creed series, last one I fully played was Black Flag, Syndicate I never even finished, not sure if I'm even half way through.  But Assassin's Creed Origins has renewed my enjoyment for the game.  I love exploring Ancient Egypt, I've spent hours just riding on horse back, or camel, or camel/Chocobo hybrid, climbing the pyramids and raiding them, lost of fun. Been having a lot of fun using the predator bow too, taking out guys from around the corner.  The Final Fantasy quest I came upon was out of left field and unexpected, didn't know Ubisoft added it in.

Really? Shucks, that’s good to hear! I’ve heard some murmers that the game was decent, but had a lot of doubts after noticing how Unity and Syndicate were doing.

Been playing Vermintide lately. My inner Warhammer fanboy was waiting for something like this, and it did not dissapoint.

Assassin's Creed Origins made me sad today. I did a main story quest and met this one mans little girl who took me to a rooftop from where you can see her house. There were soldiers patrolling it looking for this ledger her mother had hid for her father. After I searched their house and artfully killed the soldiers I went back to find the mother who was at the lighthouse. I went there and after beating up the soldiers I find the mother at the docks crying. The vile Crocodile (a man not a beast) had taken her daughter so I had to find her. My eagle located her just off the shore so I swam out to find her. Upon diving under the water I see her tied to rock...oh no...too late...the mother was sobbing and the father returned in time to go with his wife to burying his daughter. I decided then was a good time to turn off the game for the rest of the night and play something else.

Before that though I was having a blast going around ancient Egypt and finding some special locations, finding the highest place in the black desert and discovering a hidden tomb with a weird message to the gamer. Not as cool as the Final Fantasy bit which gives you an awesome shield and sword. But do I ever have fun using the predator bow and taking bad guys out, nailed one right between the eyes, and another one right up through the jaw and out the back of the head. Nailed one guy right in the ******* with an arrow. I laughed. Fictional video game violence is so much fun. I tamed a hippo today too and had it running around with me, and then after I had a crocodile. At least they swim with you and run on land. Hyena's, lions, and cheeta's won't go swimming with you.

Sci-Fi said:
Assassin's Creed Origins made me sad today. I did a main story quest and met this one mans little girl who took me to a rooftop from where you can see her house. There were soldiers patrolling it looking for this ledger her mother had hid for her father. After I searched their house and artfully killed the soldiers I went back to find the mother who was at the lighthouse. I went there and after beating up the soldiers I find the mother at the docks crying. The vile Crocodile (a man not a beast) had taken her daughter so I had to find her. My eagle located her just off the shore so I swam out to find her. Upon diving under the water I see her tied to rock...oh no...too late...the mother was sobbing and the father returned in time to go with his wife to burying his daughter. I decided then was a good time to turn off the game for the rest of the night and play something else.

That sounds so sad. :(

I wanna start playing AC Origins soon. :x

Sci-Fi said:
Was losing interest in the Assassin's Creed series, last one I fully played was Black Flag, Syndicate I never even finished, not sure if I'm even half way through.  But Assassin's Creed Origins has renewed my enjoyment for the game.  I love exploring Ancient Egypt, I've spent hours just riding on horse back, or camel, or camel/Chocobo hybrid, climbing the pyramids and raiding them, lost of fun. Been having a lot of fun using the predator bow too, taking out guys from around the corner.  The Final Fantasy quest I came upon was out of left field and unexpected, didn't know Ubisoft added it in.

I know what that's like with that series. I only bought up until Rogue (where I know the problems begin), and have been playing in order.

1 got very tedious by the end (especially in sound design), 2 was such a huge step up, Brotherhood was great, but god, Revelations was so hard to get through. They put too much of past games into it. I just played Brotherhood, now play it all over again! It took me literally months to finish it, and even now, I don't think I could ever replay it.

It got a little interesting at the end, but for the most part, was it ever tedious.

I'm on 3 now and it's definitely different. It feels a bit renewed. The fact this is the end of Desmond's story makes me wonder where the actual story is going past this. But I am curious with the others. I'm stopping shortly after Black Flag though.

Second run on the other timeline in Wolfenstein: The New Order. Greatly enjoyed it so far, even if it's not incredibly long. The story is pretty tight and kept me entertained. And I started Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus yesterday, also looks promising. Atmosphere is great and I dig the soundtrack.

LOL Well I guess I'm alone in thinking the idea was used up after the second lol.

I thought AC 1 was excellent and a very innovative and original idea (not to mention a buddy of mine works on them). But after the second it seemed like it was going the Call of Duty way, which has basically been the same game since Modern Warfare. It gets tedious after a while.
I enjoyed Black Flag, mostly because of the sailing, then again, I was always a fan of Sid Meyer's Pirates.

Finally played Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Not a new game came out in like 2013 or 2014? This game has a decent character creator, one of the best, in my opinion. What I meant by decent is that you don't have to mod the cr@p out of your game to get good hairstyles, skin textures and such like you have to do with Skyrim.
Combat is challenging only thing it gets a bit grinding at times. Also, not much in the way of lore like you can find in games like Skyrim or Dragon Age: Inquistion. Still overall is a fun game.

I also tried Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire. Now this game is rich in lore, combat is similar to old school style rpg Baldur's Gate. Character creation is so so but I guess it's pointless to have such a comprehensive character creator when the game is top-down and there isn't much cutscenes which has a closeup of your character in-game anyway. I haven't completed it but so far it's a solid game overall.

Tealeaf said:
I remember someone saying that Chrono Cross was a terrible sequel, but a great game... and I'm just wishing all the throwbacks on Disc 2 were in the rest of the game. I'm finishing it up now and it finally feels like a sequel.

Is it really a good game? Because I love and have played Chrono Trigger about 4 times to completion, and everything I've seen/read about Cross just looks.... really bad.

It's full of pointless retcons (which is a big pet peeve of mine when it comes to writing) and just.... eh. Is it fun at least? Or is the story not as bad as it sounds?

Latest posts

Back