Once a day: What are you thankful for?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my third (covid) vaccine jab today. I'm not entirely sure why as I don't totally fall into the group getting called up but I just got it anyway. I had to take a taxi and didn't have to stand in the rain *too* long. Legs are killing me though!

Had a nice hearty home-cooked meal today. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes with gravy. And to top it off, a pumpkin square for dessert. Now I'm just winding down the day with a cup of tea.

It has me thinking...when I was a kid, I liked stuff like pizza and fast food and whatnot all the time. But now that I'm older, while the less nutritious food still tastes good, I'm appreciating the home-cooked meals a lot more, like stews and stuff like that. They're much healthier for you, leave you feeling more full for a longer amount of time, and give you more energy.

Last edited:
I luckily fell into baking at 18...aside from a few years of...well, yeah..it's been 20 years, and silly as it sounds, some days I'm just happy to mop that tile floor.

I luckily fell into baking at 18...aside from a few years of...well, yeah..it's been 20 years, and silly as it sounds, some days I'm just happy to mop that tile floor.

That's cool that you found something which translates easily to an actual job role, that you honestly like.

I'm not a very thankful person. But today I am thankful for our coffee maker. When the last one suddenly broke, luckily we had another one ready to go.

Functioning eyes and lungs more than anything else, but my mind jumps the rails here, for personal reasons that may or may not become more clear depending on the direction the conversation takes.

Like, what does it mean to be "thankful?" And does thankfulness need to be directed? If so, directed toward ?

Trying my best not to be perceived as confrontational.

Latest posts

Back