One more hour

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

angelus

Just one more hour,one more mile to put in front of me
It is the mark of the hour,time of the servent
Tiny spirit that shivers and groans for one more hour
Upon the Earth,the land,in the street or sky
One more parade threw an empty hall

How many more?

I will not be the captive of chimes or notches on a register
As I watch all I know past into dust and dust into nothing
I will not follow one with a shallow puddle for a heart
I see this thing called life is but the blink of any eye
To let it all pass in agony is to let it die on the vine

Hmm,

Also depressing, but interesting and original.

Don't you think life is this brief, hidden gem, that we must try to find and celebrate, while we are here?

Our life is just a moment, a blink of an eye, a forgetting...

Hi Lonelygirl

I will say strait up most of my writing is pretty dark stuff,its just how it comes out.I guess artistic expression is different things for different people,for me it tends to be a way to vent fears,concerns,pain,regrets and in some way get those things out of me.I don't do this so much in poem which I actually don't write alot of but short stories,I love writing fiction.

Angelus nicely written and very sad. I could relate to the top portion of your poetry.

What did you mean when you wrote "I will not follow one with a shallow puddle for a heart" (nice line by the way)

Hi Nena

Thank you very much for your kind words.I will tell you that line was written very directly...at my father.I was just thinking about,well in my case he sort of wants to make me like him,and all he cares about is money and I don't want to end up like that,I don't want to follow him so thats what I meant by that.As I said before,my writing in general always seems to be a place for me to vent freely.Thanks again nena:)

I also love it and want you to post more, Angelus! Share some poetry with us!!! Even if it's dark and depressing, poetry is an original thought--like a captured moment--a bit of a memory.

Latest posts

Back