One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut the roofing metal to size. By hand. With tin snips. Wearing heavy leather gloves so as not to slice my flesh open. It was difficult........Figuring out how to bend a 60 inch X 28 piece of pretty stiff metal without a bending brake was kind of fun. Tomorrow I'll be fitting a roll of aluminum flashing around the platform I built and might even install the metal over the wooden platform.......maybe. I've covered the wood with a "Flex Seal" product so it's probably weather tight already.

I cut the roofing metal to size. By hand. With tin snips. Wearing heavy leather gloves so as not to slice my flesh open. It was difficult........Figuring out how to bend a 60 inch X 28 piece of pretty stiff metal without a bending brake was kind of fun. Tomorrow I'll be fitting a roll of aluminum flashing around the platform I built and might even install the metal over the wooden platform.......maybe. I've covered the wood with a "Flex Seal" product so it's probably weather tight already.
Yeah, that's a pretty large piece of metal to bend without a bending brake.

Taught an hour and half yoga class without breaking wind, I had the bloody dodgiest curry ever last night my guts are killing me 🤢

I went to the sexologist, and we both came to the conclusion that I can't really be gay.
So my issues must have more to do with self confidence, and lack of self-esteem.
Still feels strange to have had doubts for so long then.

I went to the sexologist, and we both came to the conclusion that I can't really be gay.
So my issues must have more to do with self confidence, and lack of self-esteem.
Still feels strange to have had doubts for so long then.
Is a sexologist just a psychiatrist that focuses on sex? I could maybe have a conversation with a sexologist so long as they don't start all that psychoanalysis honeysuckle and pulling out the prescription pad. Im not unsure about preferences but I have some issues that may need addressing.

Is a sexologist just a psychiatrist that focuses on sex? I could maybe have a conversation with a sexologist so long as they don't start all that psychoanalysis honeysuckle and pulling out the prescription pad. Im not unsure about preferences but I have some issues that may need addressing.
I'm not sure how this translates into US medicine.
They did not prescribe any medicines, talk was more about self-esteem and so on, everything felt quite practical.

I'm not sure how this translates into US medicine.
They did not prescribe any medicines, talk was more about self-esteem and so on, everything felt quite practical.
Huh...yeah I might need to look into that around here. As a rule, I try to avoid people with prescription pads. It just seems like there are too many pill options and people with initials behind their names are way too fond of scribbling on that pad when a pill might not be necessary. Ok, so I might have jumped the track.
That's good that this person is helping you work through this with a positive feeling afterwards.

Huh...yeah I might need to look into that around here. As a rule, I try to avoid people with prescription pads. It just seems like there are too many pill options and people with initials behind their names are way too fond of scribbling on that pad when a pill might not be necessary. Ok, so I might have jumped the track.
That's good that this person is helping you work through this with a positive feeling afterwards.
It's not free, of course.
It's a profession.
Suppose I were into a depression, it could be that in that case they prescribe medicine.

Oh honey I know...nothing is free.
I thought you knew, but just wanted to make clear never to forget that in the end everyone 's there for the money.
However, there are those that will try to keep you as long as possible, so that they can keep on squeezing the lemon.
I think she's really working towards results, of course that also depends on me.
Suppose she gives me a bunch of advice, and I don't follow it, next time I'll only be able to say I still need to do it.

I don't know if its positive or if its even an accomplishment but I did manage to not say what I wanted to say because Im sure my thought would have been perceived as hurtful.

2 6ft long 2X6's....C-clamps & smallish bar clamps....a big work table.....a 3lb mallet and a 2X4 scrap between the mallet and the metal. Crude but effective enough for amateur hour.
Yeah, I've bent lots of sheet metal over the years. I always wanted a bender brake. But, too large and too pricey for a single use item. On larger spans I would cut dashed slots where I wanted to bend the metal. Sometimes all the way through and sometimes just partial. It allow for a weak point to bend at. It made a very sharp 90 angle. Then I clamped it to a 4X6 post holding up my patio and use my weight to push it. I did some damage to the 4X6. But, it always survived. :)

Yeah, I've bent lots of sheet metal over the years. I always wanted a bender brake. But, too large and too pricey for a single use item. On larger spans I would cut dashed slots where I wanted to bend the metal. Sometimes all the way through and sometimes just partial. It allow for a weak point to bend at. It made a very sharp 90 angle. Then I clamped it to a 4X6 post holding up my patio and use my weight to push it. I did some damage to the 4X6. But, it always survived. :)

I'm going to remember the dashed slots idea! But it's not indicated for this project of mine.......The result has to be weatherproof from now on, no exceptions......driving rain, melting snow, hailstones pounding......and I don't want any sites that could be prone to rusting either. But thanks for sharing!

Following up again on rearranging my awkwardly shaped bedroom.
I would very much like to thank my friend and his mom for donating me their antique armoire a couple years back, because without it this wouldn't be possible.
Now mind you, it does look totally ridiculous, but all in the name of function over form, it's working, and I can't argue with it. The room that I'm working in is a lopsided octagon with 2 doors and 1 patio door in it.
So naturally, nothing easily fits in here.
So I'm always trying to come up with ways to save space.
Tomorrow I'm going to be putting a rack up on my wall to store my guitars, and taking a risk at switching out my computer desk for something smaller. 🤔

Latest posts

Back