One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took most of the stuff out of my storage room, went through it, and tossed much of it out. I have a load of stuff that I'm going to donate. I'm still having a difficult time throwing away useful stuff though. Some of it has little to no resale vale. But, it really is still useful. I'll get it done. I will just need to do it in steps.

I'm fully back on schedule again.
Sleep schedule, workout schedule, diet schedule.
Just gotta maintain it and adjust, which will take about 3 weeks or so I think.
Extended holiday hours throw more wrenches at me than Justin Long.
Glad things are getting back to normal. :)

Took most of the stuff out of my storage room, went through it, and tossed much of it out. I have a load of stuff that I'm going to donate. I'm still having a difficult time throwing away useful stuff though. Some of it has little to no resale vale. But, it really is still useful. I'll get it done. I will just need to do it in steps.
You can always build something new out of those things old. And as soon as it is gone, that's when you need it.

I organized all of the scrap lumber in my shop. I can actually reach any individual piece without having to move three times what I need.

Bins! There is a future in bins!!

I went through my tower server, copied the stuff I REALLY wanted / needed onto two much smaller 2.5" drives, then pulled all ten of the 3.5" hard drives out. I formatted them, drilled a bunch of holes in them, and tossed them all into the trash. I went from about 15tb of info down to 1.3tb of info. Then I drilled holes in the mother board, cut the cables, and tossed the tower server into the trash. I had 128gb of ram installed. I hated to do it. But, that too went into the trash.

Tossed out two of my older laptops that I loved. A few months ago I even replaced the screens and keyboards on them. They were like new. But, out they went. I also wiped three 2.5" harddrive, drilled holes in them, and tossed them out too. I still have lots of stuff to go.

Tossed out two of my older laptops that I loved. A few months ago I even replaced the screens and keyboards on them. They were like new. But, out they went. I also wiped three 2.5" harddrive, drilled holes in them, and tossed them out too. I still have lots of stuff to go.
On a computer i had from 2003 i smashed the HDD to pieces with a hammer and messed it up with a screwdriver. Who knew data wiping could be so fun?

I upgraded the antifreeze in my van. It should be good for -30°
That's awesome! I've been wanting to replace the brake fluid in my vehicle since it's over 15 years old now. But, then I start thinking it might loosen up some crud that goes down into a wheel cylinder and messes it up. So, I keep putting it off. :)

That's awesome! I've been wanting to replace the brake fluid in my vehicle since it's over 15 years old now. But, then I start thinking it might loosen up some crud that goes down into a wheel cylinder and messes it up. So, I keep putting it off. :)
Use a turkey baster to pull the fluid from the fill spout. Do not drain it through the bleeding port.

Replace the fluid you removed. Do this a few times over thousands of miles. You'll refresh the fluid about 50%.

You will eventually need to replace or rebuild the wheel calipers. Drain and flush the system complete then.

Use a turkey baster to pull the fluid from the fill spout. Do not drain it through the bleeding port.

Replace the fluid you removed. Do this a few times over thousands of miles. You'll refresh the fluid about 50%.

You will eventually need to replace or rebuild the wheel calipers. Drain and flush the system complete then.
Thanks! That's a good idea. That way I won't have to worry about bleeding the brakes or getting air bubbles in the line. Good idea!

Thanks! That's a good idea. That way I won't have to worry about bleeding the brakes or getting air bubbles in the line. Good idea!
Just another tip. You should do the same with the ATF if it's automatic. You can use a cheap drill powered pump to suck the ATF from the fill tube.

Know your transmissions capacity and only exchange half. New fluid is a shock to old seals. Your transmission will love you for it.

Latest posts

Back