Overwhelmed but in a Good way!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fragilegirl

Reaction score
I just found out some information today that I wasn’t sure I would ever find out. In 1968 I was adopted when I was three days old. Back then all adoptions were closed ones. You could know nothing about your biological family. Just recently where I live they opened up adoption records. I was able to send away from my original birth certificate. I opened up the certificate and for the first time I was able to see the names of my biological mother and father! I was so overwhelmed that it made me cry. But this time it was tears of joy and sentimentality. I hope this is just the first step to getting to know a little bit more about myself and where I come from.

I just found out some information today that I wasn’t sure I would ever find out. In 1968 I was adopted when I was three days old. Back then all adoptions were closed ones. You could know nothing about your biological family. Just recently where I live they opened up adoption records. I was able to send away from my original birth certificate. I opened up the certificate and for the first time I was able to see the names of my biological mother and father! I was so overwhelmed that it made me cry. But this time it was tears of joy and sentimentality. I hope this is just the first step to getting to know a little bit more about myself and where I come from.
That is truly wonderful news

Latest posts

Back