Passive aggressive conversation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bratwurst0516

Reaction score
Would it be considered passive-aggressive in conversation. If one party to the conversation keeps saying,'I don't know what to talk about?' Putting the other person in the unwanted position of doing all the talking?

I suppose that would depend on the situation and the way they are saying it. Could be that they really don't know what to talk about and that's all they can think of to say. The words themselves I wouldn't say is passive aggressive, but in the right context and the right tone, I suppose they could be.

I've said that before on chat messenger and what I really mean is "I'm feeling extremely uncomfortable and awkward."
I have social phobia and despise small talk though! I always try to avoid social phone calls.

I've said that before on chat messenger and what I really mean is "I'm feeling extremely uncomfortable and awkward."
I have social phobia and despise small talk though! I always try to avoid social phone calls.
Thinking on social phobia for a moment. She does have Bi-Polar II. But, I never saw that as a reason for saying she didn't know what to talk about. Yet, We rarely chatted via Faceboook. I initiated a great majority of the phone calls, and did the great majority of the conversation.

Something else I thought of. She used to call me in the middle of the day. To play Scrabble on MyVegas.com. But after I started getting good, she wanted to play the game less n' less, along with the impromptu phone calls asking me to play the game.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back