Peer to Peer networking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 135067

Reaction score
I want to set up a peer to peer network. Three computers running Win 10. The point is file sharing and keyboard/mouse control via MouseWithoutBoarders and InputDirector.

Currently all goes through the router. It stalls frequently resulting in loss of control on the Clients.

They each have a USB WiFi adapter with better than 200/40 mbps on speedtest.net. The router is an EE3.

I want to take the router out of the equation.

The Master has two Ethernet ports. The Clients each have one. I have crossover Cat6 cables.

It seemed as I set up the P2P I lost the WiFi. Can I operate both at the same time? Eathernet for KM/file share and WiFi for internet.

I'm also a bit confused about the P2P settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

I like computers, a lot! But I don’t quite grasp what it is that you’re trying to do. What is it about the P2P settings that you find confusing?

I want to set up a peer to peer network. Three computers running Win 10. The point is file sharing and keyboard/mouse control via MouseWithoutBoarders and InputDirector.

Currently all goes through the router. It stalls frequently resulting in loss of control on the Clients.

They each have a USB WiFi adapter with better than 200/40 mbps on speedtest.net. The router is an EE3.

The Master has two Ethernet ports. The Clients each have one. I have crossover Cat6 cables.

It seemed as I set up the P2P I lost the WiFi. Can I operate both at the same time? Eathernet for KM/file share and WiFi for internet.

It seems others have had problems with it as well:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-work-at/347ddb7d-5703-4c73-862f-d07ae3c10c12

It's probably a group policy / rights issue. I loved windows XP pro everything just worked. Ha! ha!
https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-use-wifi-and-ethernet-at-same-time-in-windows-10

I am quite curious, was it solved?

Latest posts

Back