Pension

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zen28

Reaction score
I'm in my late 30s and my pension contributions are very low. Anyone else in the same position?

My current work/life setup is allowing me to save a lot of money each month and I'm auto enrolled to the pension scheme in my new job. But it's only £75 a month. I'm toying with the idea of going back to uni too, and wouldn't be able to "catch up" in the long term.

What about yourselves? Have you put together a pension scheme? I really wish I'd managed to sort things out sooner.

I'm also in my late 30s. Not much opportuninty here, you can only choose only between a goverment or a private Fund. Anyway, I don't trust in any of it, there is no guarantee you'll get anything.

I have nothing to save at the moment, I've been worried about a pension since my middle 20s, but there is not much I can do. Just to pay a mortage to get a flat till my pension strats.
It's more than 20 years left, a world can change.

I'm in my early 40's. Child support is killing me, I don't have any pension plan. I'm going to die at 90 chained to a machine at work.
Bottom's up!

.... you can only choose only between a goverment or a private Fund.
That is interesting. Do you have to choose one?

That is interesting. Do you have to choose one?
If you don't choose any, your money goes to goverment's Russian Pension Fund, you can choose one of a few private Funds that are allowed to work with the pension's pays. You can change your choice but I'm not sure it will help you.
As our ex-Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said: "There's simply no money right now. Hang in there”.

We pay 13% taxes(I guess 15% for a very big income since this year) from an income (salary, sales, etc) but about 30% is also paid by an employer, 22 of those 30 is for a pension. Then part of it went to a payment for current pensioners and part was for your savings, but the saving part was canceled a few years ago. That time private funds still kept a saving, but I'm not sure about how it's now. I don't have any expectations I hang in here )

If you don't choose any, your money goes to goverment's Russian Pension Fund....

So you are in it one way or another. Having the employer kick in too should be helpful.

... the governement is inflating it's value away.
There seems to be a lot more involved than whatever you want to blame the government for.

Lately one of my jobs has been giving me raises, seemingly every time I turn around. It has become so common that they don't even tell me about it anymore. My wages have increased by about 50% in the last year and a half. That isn't to mention all the additional bonuses. They are just desperate to keep people around. I find myself in the strange position of finding it annoying because you know that is go to cause inflation, which will do more harm than the raises can make up for.

Latest posts

Back