People who make you feel uncomfortable

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenia

Reaction score
Have you experienced this? I'm currently going through this with someone which I might go into later because I'm not sure about what to do, it's starting to creep into stopping some things I have to do.

I know there were instances when I was younger from men and women, but in the last say 10 years it has happened twice of note. Its interesting as I have got older I feel more intuitive to my sub conscious 'gut' feeling, and it feels so strong around both these instances. I'm also not talking in a sexual way, but it can be.

The instance before what I'm currently experiencing was weird because it affected both my daughter and myself. For her is was definitely sexually a problem, but for me it was more like intimidation.

A few years ago I was involved in a community project, that myself and my children where involved in. There was a man there who I recognised, but couldn't place until much later just before we quit and I saw who his wife was. When he was around me, he would make very subtle passive aggressive remarks when no one else could here, things about my work ethic, when I would be there, and things that really made me doubt whether I had heard it right. He also stood in a way that made me uncomfortable, too close for my comfort but not obvious. I'm 5'4" he was easy 6'4" and built very heavy and I don't know how but would stand in a way I felt I needed to move away, again it wasn't in a sexual way, it was just intimidating. He would do his load I have been around plenty of other people of similar size and not felt like that. My daughter would go to the project sometimes without us, and she said he would stare at her all the time, and she said he would say things that she wasn't sure if they were sexual or not, probably innuendo, she was 17 at the time. It got to the point where both of us dreaded going if he was there, we changed our times to avoid him, but he would suddenly match when we were there. After about six months my daughter said she can't go anymore because of him, he never said anything actually outright offence, but wasn't friendly either. At this point I wrote an email to the woman who ran the group and explained why my daughter wouldn't be attending anymore and was there anything that could be done. The response back was we must be imagining it. About a month later his wife came to the place and then I knew who he was. I had seen him once before in the supermarket with his wife. I met his wife originally 7 years before this at a domestic abuse support group for people still in or after leaving domestic abuse. She was still in it the situation. He was the same man she talked of in the group because of some correlations she had said about their children and his job which is unusual, and what he told us himself. When she saw me she went white and avoided me. I felt pretty sick after that. Due to mostly other factors I left shortly after this anyway.

Anyway, do other people experience this where it makes situations unpleasant? Like I said before it's not a gender thing either, because I have had other situations with women also. I will add my latest issue another day, because I don't know how to deal with it, and it upset me somewhat today, and my children feel it too.

I'm all about trusting your intuition because it's usually correct. Obviously in your case, your initial gut feeling was correct with this guy - he's an abuser.

I can't think of any specific situations off-hand that I've experienced. I just know that I've met many people through the years that I've had feelings about and later found out that my suspicions were correct about them.

Latest posts

Back