Perfect Relationship?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanillaCreme

Reaction score
Has anyone ever wondered where they could find someone who really suits them?

I've been in this 24 hour gaming marathon, and although I'm not interested in any of my friends in any intimate or romantic way, I just wonder... Where can I find a guy like this? I love gaming. It's what I do. I'm comfortable with it. And it just seems like guys don't really game anymore. I know that I'd be much more comfortable with someone who can game with me.

God, I miss those 24 and 48 hour red-eye sessions.

I would still pull them off if they would start making good games again. In the past 5 years, they've made two shooters that I liked, and those were Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead. Everything else has just been craptacular. I think the final Great Shooters were in the Battlefield series, ending with Battlefield 2, which was a ride on the train right as it came off the tracks. The proverbial sign of the end-times, to me, was Halo. It was total honeysuckle compared to everything else out there, but with the financial might of Microsoft it hooked thousands while actual good games went by the wayside. I don't think today's gamer even knows what they missed out on. Maybe it's better that way, or they'd be like me.

But they will never make another Tribes or Tribes 2, or anything remotely as ambitious or innovative. They will never make another MMO like Everquest. And all the complicated simulator games are starting to fade away, too. Everything caters to the Mountain Dew-and-Ritalin gaming generation that started playing after the turn of the century...and everything -else- is the same RTS that I've played over and over. They're just not fun.

So fresia it, fresia those people, I'm gonna sit here night and day, grow my neckbeard, eat poptarts, and play Dwarf Fortress; last bastion of the dying PC gamer.

Sometimes you really dont need to have many things in common to be a good match for someone. Sometimes even having TOO much in common is a bad thing.

I wish I could tell you where to find the perfect guy, but I dont think they exist.

Initial attractions fade and then you just have this lump on your couch eating cheetos and making a mess.

Dont get me wrong, I really love my husband. Really, and I would never leave him or cheat on him. But as time goes on we have less and less in common, and have less and less to talk about. I miss that rush you get when a relationship is new. Sometimes i wonder if i settled.

yes yes yes a horrible thing to say and im a horrible person for saying it when so many people cant even find 1 person.

But dont settle on someone who has a similar interest as you, youre better than that.
I sincerely hope you find someone to love and they love you back just as much.

eris said:
this lump on your couch eating cheetos and making a mess.

Haters_Gonna_Hate_21.jpg

Grain, I said seems. As in, I hardly meet guys who do. With the exception of my friends. I know a few guys who flat-out said they hate gaming. I can't really find a connection with someone who dislikes something I love to do.

Well I will say that you really dont need to have that much in common like people have said already. Me and my girlfriend have alot of things in common but if you look at us as a whole we dont have as much. Im the geeky guy which happens to love sports and cooking and is a fairly handy person...as for my girlfriend she is a crazy fun person with tons of ambition and just seems like we wouldnt be the best match but we have talked about it when we first got together and we figured out that we really are perfect for each other...I mean we have only been "together" for 6 months but we have known each other for 2 years oh yea believe me guys game ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all of my friends do

I don't go to conventions. I just enjoy playing my consoles in the comfort of my own home.

You must be meeting the wrong crowd. I see a fair bit of guys online saying they'd love to find a gamer girl, so they're definitely out there! I'm not sure where to meet them in real life though.

eris said:
yes yes yes a horrible thing to say and im a horrible person for saying it when so many people cant even find 1 person.

I don't think so. Things evolves over time. Nothing wrong with missing that giddy high. It isn't like you expected it to always be there and found him lacking because it wasn't.

here's one!

i used to play video games for hours on end. the only reason i don't play as much anymore is because i'm broke as a joke and can't afford a new system. i have a gamecube and a ps2, and i've pretty much played and beaten every game for both systems. i'm really bored of my games. i've beaten them all countless times. i wish i had the wii or the ps3 so i could play more games.

sigh...

I used to be a major gamer. I still enjoy playing games with a perticular person.
There's other stuff i enjoy doing too. Its great to find someone with simular interest.
Hopefully it will make up for those other quarky triats that you dis like.

I go through stages...I enjoy playing games, playing with women.
Eventaully I'll get bored of them. When I'm in my bored with them phase...thier quarkie
triats irratated the living honeysuckle out of me :p

So I do other stuff away from women, relationships to try to retain a balance.

here its the opposite. the only girl gamers are very casual and play like nothing but the wii or maybe the occasional guitar hero or rock band. there are no girl gamers here that i know of that would play an rpg or that play something like halo or call of duty online. none that would play guitar hero enough to play on expert or play a game for the story like i do.

JamaisVu said:
You must be meeting the wrong crowd. I see a fair bit of guys online saying they'd love to find a gamer girl, so they're definitely out there! I'm not sure where to meet them in real life though.

JamaisVu is right. There are tons, I mean TONS of guys that would love to find a gamer girl ;). You're like the Aeris to their Cloud Strife.

Latest posts

Back