Personal Battles

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188644

Reaction score
We all have personal battles no? I realize there are much much bigger issues people have but I don't think it's so bad to notice the smaller things too. Keeping everything in perspective of course. The battles with personality flaws or which ever word you'd prefer. The kind of things like trust issues or anxiety. Things that don't crush us but make socializing harder. When all of your thoughts, instincts and reactions are off-putting. You make the same "mistakes" over and over and over because they aren't mistakes they're how you're wired. When you're only choices are your own internal struggle or pushing others away.

There is no question here but maybe some can relate.

I lost my battle and made a conscious decision to withdrawl from society and other people. I feel much better. My personal health is also much better. But, I miss out on the socialization part of life. I think I would like to have a friend. But, then I see how horrible most people are and quickly realize I made the right decision to avoid others IRL.

I lost my battle and made a conscious decision to withdrawl from society and other people. I feel much better. My personal health is also much better. But, I miss out on the socialization part of life. I think I would like to have a friend. But, then I see how horrible most people are and quickly realize I made the right decision to avoid others IRL.
I'm glad it's working out for you. I don't see people that way and I'm not sure I have it in me to withdraw entirely.

How you're wired. It's one of those sentences where it's totally acceptable in one sentence and in another, not so much. My personal battles are very, obviously, personal. But, if I hadn't put in the effort to at least mitigate them, eventually I probably would have made them someone elses. Never trivialize your own battles. >**** this sounds corny< You may lose the war

How you're wired. It's one of those sentences where it's totally acceptable in one sentence and in another, not so much. My personal battles are very, obviously, personal. But, if I hadn't put in the effort to at least mitigate them, eventually I probably would have made them someone elses. Never trivialize your own battles. >**** this sounds corny< You may lose the war
Yeah I didn't mean how your wired to be an excuse but I totally see that. I meant it takes massive wholesale changes to fix the problems otherwise all you can do is try to mitigate them.

Jealousy and resentment are two things that have always popped up time after time for me. They are directly related to fears I've had my entire life. It never shows up as a big thing, but rather small instances that build and build over the course of months before the anxiety takes over completely. I'm going through one of these periods right now, even though life says I shouldn't be.

Jealousy and resentment are two things that have always popped up time after time for me. They are directly related to fears I've had my entire life. It never shows up as a big thing, but rather small instances that build and build over the course of months before the anxiety takes over completely. I'm going through one of these periods right now, even though life says I shouldn't be.
Jealousy is a weird one. There’s like a malicious kind that’s like I don’t want them to have it either or they don’t deserve it. Then there’s like an I want that too kind. Like would you eat in front of a starving person and call him jealous? Idk.

I have resentment. So much resentment. Every day, in some way, it pops up again. It's so exhausting, and does nothing for my seething anger and prevalent depression. That movie, The Sunshine of the Eternal mind...I think that's what it's called. Oh, I'd sign up for that ASAP

I have resentment. So much resentment. Every day, in some way, it pops up again. It's so exhausting, and does nothing for my seething anger and prevalent depression. That movie, The Sunshine of the Eternal mind...I think that's what it's called. Oh, I'd sign up for that ASAP
I struggle with resentment too. A lot of times it manifests as passive aggression, others as confrontation. Almost every time it's something I wish had just messed off out of my head. There has to be a way whether you can know, or even just see their side to just let it go.

iu

Latest posts

Back