Pet Peeves

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Click on User CP and on the left hand side, when you scroll down that page a bit, there is a gear icon right of which says "Edit Options" Click that. And then under Login, Cookies and Privacy, select the Remember My Login Details For Future Visits box. Then click Update Options.

Let's see if that helps...

I did exactly what you said Soph and when I finally got in the box was already clicked. Just getting in and reading this post and doing that simple task and getting back here to reply and thank you. I have had to log-in 7 times. I think I'll have to stop posting or going through these frustrating attemptS until someone in a contolroom can fix the glitch. My computer fuctions perfectly everywhere else. I'll talk with you and everyone else once this gets cleared up.

Thank you soooo much for helping me. ((((*HUGS*))) NOW IT"LL TAKE ME 10 MIN. TO LOG IN 10 MORE TIMES TO GET THIS POSTED. UGHHHHHHH.

Nina said:
I did exactly what you said Soph and when I finally got in the box was already clicked. Just getting in and reading this post and doing that simple task and getting back here to reply and thank you. I have had to log-in 7 times. I think I'll have to stop posting or going through these frustrating attemptS until someone in a contolroom can fix the glitch. My computer fuctions perfectly everywhere else. I'll talk with you and everyone else once this gets cleared up.

Thank you soooo much for helping me. ((((*HUGS*))) NOW IT"LL TAKE ME 10 MIN. TO LOG IN 10 MORE TIMES TO GET THIS POSTED. UGHHHHHHH.

If I were you, I'd PM Minus about this. He is the technical Super Moderator here. I'd HATE to see you leave over this stupid tech glitch. :(

Btw I've never had that happen to me. THAT IS NOT NORMAL!

I luff your presence. And I dun want you to leave. Btw Nina I reported your post and a moderator will probably try to help you shortly. :)

Have you checked with a different browser?

At one time there was a forum that would throw me out every time i clicked to open a thread.
I switched to firefox and it worked fine until i could get around to reinstalling internet explorer.
Of course after i got that fixed then both would work on the forum.

It is something to check.

--
The "Remember" information, mentioned in a previous post, is a cookie that is placed on your drive. If you have your browsers security configured so that it won't accept cookies from the site, then that option won't function.
http://www.alonelylife.com/misc.php?action=help&hid=3

Minus, I didn't even think of that. I have issues with the forum myself sometimes. I use both FireFox and Chrome. I'll try what you said.

[[[[[Soph. Nilla & Minus,]]]]]

Thank you all soo much for getting me past my glitch. I fiddled with my security settings and I seem to be staying logged-in this morning. I have a crazy day coming up today so later on, I'll switch my browser. Thanks and *Hugs* to each of you! :)

Soph...Darlin, you are going to single-handedly make me into a more forum-sauvy individual. You are such a sweety! ;)

i've learned to let all my pet peeves go. i am now accepting of all that is, was, and will come to pass. you all should do the same. it's time to live in harmony, we are all but vibrations in the great unknown. different, yet similar, in a similarly different way.

Badjedidude said:
^^^LOL wtf is that gif in your signature, JSD? hahaha that guy...

...makes me laugh. XD

haha bjd,

take a closer look.

that is chevy chase as "Fletch Lives"

:D

^^^Hahahaha... yeah, so it is. XD I knew there was a reason it was cracking me up!! :p

Nice, man! :p

people who stick their fingers in their ears and chant "la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la............"

literally and figuratively

VanillaCreme said:
My HUGE pet peeve is when people won't leave well enough alone.

Yes that is one that can get old quickly.

I hate it when girls complain about how cold it is when theyre wearing short shorts and tank tops in the fall.

Put some ******* clothes on, slut.

That is all.

Hahahha, d/l. Agreed.

On that vein... guys who wear flip flops and boardies.. ALL YEAR.

I do NOT want to see that much pasty hairy leg.

I can not stand it when people try to get away with saying something offensive and then make a lame-ass attempt to negate it by saying "Oh, just kidding! *insert smilie here*"

Gee, really? How clever. So, the honeysuckle is out there now, but you're batting it away in a fruitless attempt to keep the stink off you. Gosh, what a bold move.

This is the same reason I generally don't like the disclaimer "No offense, but..."

When times call for tough love, there are other ways of delivering a friend an unpleasant truth. I think more often than not, people who use "No offense, but.." are really just cowards who want to say something offensive but not get called on it.

cheaptrickfan said:
This is the same reason I generally don't like the disclaimer "No offense, but..."

Also "With all due respect" and "I don't want to say this, but..." Yeah, I'm pretty sure what you're about to say is going to be disrespectful, and I'm even more certain that you DO want to say it. Otherwise you would just shut up, now wouldn't you?

/Rant

mintymint said:
cheaptrickfan said:

Also "With all due respect" and "I don't want to say this, but..." Yeah, I'm pretty sure what you're about to say is going to be disrespectful, and I'm even more certain that you DO want to say it. Otherwise you would just shut up, now wouldn't you?

/Rant

Oh yeah, those are just as bad as "No offense, but..."

Come sit with me at the rant table, Minty. :)

Latest posts

Back