Pet Peeves

Help Support A LonelyLife forum:

TheSkaFish

Jedi Guardian
Reaction score
For a sec… I was thinking Skafishy smokes!!?! My life is a lieee lol

I used to, actually. From 2006 to 2012 I smoked weed on and off. Sometimes I wouldn't smoke at all for a while, and then there would be times where I'd smoke every time I went out, several times in a row. And cigars/cigarettes/hookah at random times as well - though never regularly.

But apart from a few mess-ups (literally a few, like only two or three times that I can think of), I pretty much quit smoking of any kind,10 years ago from this year.

I don't know if I will never smoke weed ever again. It's just kind of been an indefinite hiatus, and the time has never felt right to go back, I haven't felt the need, and haven't been in the mood. But either way, I don't see myself going back to smoking anything with any regularity. Tobacco I'm pretty much going to avoid, unless there's something really special that I have to try once. Just not worth the health risk otherwise.

Beer on the other hand, I kind of miss - both the taste, and the buzz. I don't miss all the empty calories, though.

Last edited:

CenotaphGirl

Reaction score
I used to, actually. From 2006 to 2012 I smoked weed on and off. Sometimes I wouldn't smoke at all for a while, and then there would be times where I'd smoke every time I went out, several times in a row. And cigars/cigarettes/hookah at random times as well - though never regularly.

But outside of a few mess-ups (literally a few, like only twice that I can think of) I pretty much quit smoking of any kind,10 years ago from this year.

I don't know if I will never smoke weed ever again. It's just kind of been an indefinite hiatus, and the time has never felt right to go back, I haven't felt the need, and haven't been in the mood. But either way, I don't see myself going back to smoking anything with any regularity. Tobacco I'm pretty much going to avoid, unless there's something really special that I have to try once. Just not worth the health risk otherwise.

Beer on the other hand, I kind of miss - both the taste, and the buzz. I don't miss all the empty calories, though.
Well you are full… of surprises Mr Ska lool thats so interesting, I feel so boring I have never smoked anything lol people always assume im totally up for it though must be my im so tired look 😅

Yeahh I miss alcohol too… I miss the super sweet cocktails 🥺

TheSkaFish

Jedi Guardian
Reaction score
Paying excessive attention to/nitpicking the slightest things I do, that don't fucking matter in the least.

I always want to sarcastically respond with "bored?", but I hold my tongue to keep the peace.

ringwood

Reaction score
Excessively cheery people who are always seemingly happy and smiling and laughing and. . .ugh! "Shiny, Happy People" as I call them (and the R.E.M. song by the same name equally sucks).

They just come across as fake to me, and unrealistic and not in touch with their true emotions - always putting on a happy, positive face no matter what. OK, I get it - you want to be a positive person. Great. But everyone has a bad day once in a while - it's not going to kill you if you show up with a frown on your face. Embrace it!

orangecat

perpetual grump
Reaction score
Excessively cheery people who are always seemingly happy and smiling and laughing and. . .ugh! "Shiny, Happy People" as I call them (and the R.E.M. song by the same name equally sucks).

They just come across as fake to me, and unrealistic and not in touch with their true emotions - always putting on a happy, positive face no matter what. OK, I get it - you want to be a positive person. Great. But everyone has a bad day once in a while - it's not going to kill you if you show up with a frown on your face. Embrace it!
ugh yeah, the "good vibes only" folks. Some of them I noticed are into the secret/ the law of attraction thing and may be taking it too far in my opinion.

Tfranklinyo

A Lonely Life Supporting Member
Reaction score

I find most of those people to be vapid and annoying but it's commendable that they don't give in to bad moods. It's no different than staying disciplined about your workout or diet or whatever. I'm gonna make an exception for today turns into giving up for most people.

Latest posts