Pet Peeves

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To see someone standing and eating. My son tries this because he is always moving, never still. He will stand by his chair holding his p!ate of food and shovel a bite in. No no no....sit down and eat your food or leave the food for when you have time to eat without shoveling it in as though you are being timed. No smacking, slurping or talking with food in your mouth. No leaving the table without clearing your setting and pushing your chair back. No getting desert unless you cleaned your plate.

People who won't let you get a word in edgewise. Talking over other's/cutting them off.

Also, mumbling. You don't have to shout, but speak clearly and loud enough for people to hear you.

People who won't let you get a word in edgewise. Talking over other's/cutting them off.

Also, mumbling. You don't have to shout, but speak clearly and loud enough for people to hear you.

And when they're both happening at the same time from the same person it's kinda like "what is your life about, bruh?"

Smudging my glasses. I genuinely panic every time as I think I'm losing my sight.

- Someone saying "what" after you said something, but not because they didn't hear you, because it's a really bad habit - so when you decide to not repeat yourself - they answer perfectly well, because they did in fact hear what was said.

- when the store doesn't restock an item for weeks.

- people doing things very slowly

When people knowingly say things that I've said I find offensive, many times, yet say them anyway...

It's like, for f's sake, stop saying that, I've said before that it offends/insults/hurts me, stop f'ing saying that.

There are some things that piss me off so much, ruin my mood so much, that it's like now I don't want to do anything, I just want to sit and be pissed off.

(not here, in offline life)

Last edited:
People who knowingly say things that I've said I find offensive, many times, yet say them anyway...

It's like, for f's sake, stop saying that, I've said before that it offends/insults/hurts me, stop f'ing saying that.

There are some things that piss me off so much, ruin my mood so much, that it's like now I don't want to do anything, I just want to sit and be pissed off.

(not here, in offline life)
Princess Cen will banish them to the shadow realms lol

My pet peeve is when someone knows they took something too far and wont back down

People who are intimidated by my looks... people who think because I look a certain way I think a certain way... there are many people on this globe who lead with their eyes.... not their brains, get to know someone you stuck up pickles.

Here's one -
when people have to give you an answer with attitude, instead of just repeating themselves.

Like if you ask a question about something that was already answered a while ago, some people will give you a rude answer out of expecting you to know it already.

But it's like, would it kill you to just repeat the answer again?
People have, you know, lives, with lots of things they think about all day. A few mundane details are bound to get lost in the shuffle.

When people try to talk over you, like you're not even there.

It's like, on the one hand, if I don't care about the person then I don't care that much what they think.

But on the other hand it's like, it's not cool, and don't think I don't know what you're doing either.

People who spell words like 'cool' as 'kewl' - why??? It's not like you're saving any time on typing - it's still 4 letters. Also, people who refer to pets as being 'skiddish' - it's not skiddish, it's SKITTISH. Grab a **** dictionary. Skiddish sounds like the thing your dog does when he has an itchy ass and skids himself along the floor on his front paws. Jesus H. Christ, people! :rolleyes: :unsure:

People who spell words like 'cool' as 'kewl' - why??? It's not like you're saving any time on typing - it's still 4 letters. Also, people who refer to pets as being 'skiddish' - it's not skiddish, it's SKITTISH. Grab a **** dictionary. Skiddish sounds like the thing your dog does when he has an itchy ass and skids himself along the floor on his front paws. Jesus H. Christ, people! :rolleyes: :unsure:
I think skiddish is kewl

run-running.gif

Kewl story bro 😏 😄

No really though, I have a friend who used to spell "cool" as "kewl".
The thing is, he's a really brilliant guy too. It's just for some reason he got into this spelling habit!

Here's one -

It aggravates me how some people are ignorant - sometimes willfully so - of how this world is set up for certain people, with certain interests and personality types.

We basically live in a world where if you are good at math and other practical real-world things, and don't need/care about a creative outlet, life will be fine and dandy for you. You can just do your math/practical job, make good money, live vicariously through professional athletes and teams, and through other entertainment stars, or through TV shows, movies, and video games, and you probably won't have any problems.

But what if you're not good at math/practical things, or if that kind of lifestyle isn't fulfilling for you?
Well, then you're going to have a hard time, that's what.

The people that ARE good at math and practical things don't get it, because the way things are is fine for them, because the way things are plays to what they're good at, their interests, and their personality and attitudes/beliefs/views/values. They think the way life is FOR THEM, is just "life", and that if it doesn't work for you, it must be YOUR FAULT, and NOT that you aren't suited to a world that the way they are, just so happens to be "right" for.

It's really weird and frustrating to me, because these are supposed to be "the smart people", yet they can't/won't understand a simple concept like, "not everyone is like them". I really think it's ego, because the idea that "their way" is THE way, plays to the idea that they are just "better" than other people, "better" at the game of life, and lets them pat themselves on the back for it and put others down guilt-free, so they can feel like "oh look at me, I'm better than that guy! Ooh I'm a bEtTeR dEcIsIoN mAkEr."

It's like, of course they think others need to conform to "the way things are", when "the way things are" is what works for them. They want to keep playing the game where they have an advantage, that they're suited to winning at. They want to keep playing the game that says they are "the better people", and they want the idea that their game is THE game, the only game, that their game isn't just one of many games but rather the way life works, and therefore it means that because they're better at the only game that matters/exists, so they're "better" absolutely. They don't want to confront the idea that they just so happen to be suited to the game, and that not everyone else is, because that doesn't play into the idea that they are better than others, or that they are "better decision makers". That just goes along with, it's random chance that they happen to be suited to this world, and they aren't "better" than others, it's that others are less suited to this world than they are.

It's like, no, the way you are, your interests and personality just so happen to be more suited to the world, and you don't have to fit yourself to the world because you fit to it naturally just being the way you are - that's it, and I wish more people understood this.

Last edited:
Here's one -

It aggravates me how some people are ignorant - sometimes willfully so - of how this world is set up for certain people, with certain interests and personality types.

We basically live in a world where if you are good at math and other practical real-world things, and don't need/care about a creative outlet, life will be fine and dandy for you. You can just do your math/practical job, make good money, live vicariously through professional athletes and teams, and through other entertainment stars, or through TV shows, movies, and video games, and you probably won't have any problems.

But what if you're not good at math/practical things, or if that kind of lifestyle isn't fulfilling for you?
Well, then you're going to have a hard time, that's what.

The people that ARE good at math and practical things don't get it, because the way things are is fine for them, because the way things are plays to what they're good at, their interests, and their personality and attitudes/beliefs/views/values. They think the way life is FOR THEM, is just "life", and that if it doesn't work for you, it must be YOUR FAULT, and NOT that you aren't suited to a world that the way they are, just so happens to be "right" for.

It's really weird and frustrating to me, because these are supposed to be "the smart people", yet they can't/won't understand a simple concept like, "not everyone is like them". I really think it's ego, because the idea that "their way" is THE way, plays to the idea that they are just "better" than other people, "better" at the game of life, and lets them pat themselves on the back for it and put others down guilt-free, so they can feel like "oh look at me, I'm better than that guy! Ooh I'm a bEtTeR dEcIsIoN mAkEr."

No, the way you are, your interests and personality just so happen to be more suited to the world, and you don't have to fit yourself to the world because you fit to it naturally just being the way you are - that's it, and I wish more people understood this.
You know I watch an anime and they'll never admit on it that some super powers are just not fit for society, they pretend that only bad guys go to prison as they made bad choices, they refuse to acknowledge some people were simply born unable to conform no fault of their own. This post made me think of that.

Latest posts

Back