Pet Peeves

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I've ever heard those words spoken before... or seen them typed... that's some intense self-awareness!!

It isn't self-awareness, people have actually told me that. 😅
I mean I guess if you've never seen someone who played in death metal groups for 17 years, then yeah, that's probably the assumption. I'm pretty fish-out-of-water for my local area. Whatever though, I just roll with it. It works in the favor of my creative introversion so I mean, meh. Haha. 🤷‍♂️😂

Opening the door to my room, and then not shutting it upon leaving, forcing me to get up and shut the door.

It's happened four times today this morning alone, and counting.

**** I hate it. It's like...closing the door is just one more inch...would it really be that hard?

Opening the door to my room, and then not shutting it upon leaving, forcing me to get up and shut the door.

It's happened four times today this morning alone, and counting.

**** I hate it. It's like...closing the door is just one more inch...would it really be that hard?
Did your parents ever used to open your door, look in and then just walk away without closing it? no.. just mine? lmao

Did your parents ever used to open your door, look in and then just walk away without closing it? no.. just mine? lmao

It's not usually just to look in for no reason. It's usually just to say something.

But still it's like...the door was shut when you found it, can't you just close it when you leave? It's not like it's a huge vault door, and closing it would require a Herculean effort...

People thinking I am a 10 year old girl and I am not seeing me having the body of a 10 year old girl.I have to explain to them that I am 43 and my story what happened to me

Crypto, and the whole subculture that's popped up around it.

It reminds me of another criticism I have of capitalism - it's supposed to reward productivity, creating value, improving things, making the world a better place. But it doesn't always reward these things. In fact, under capitalism, sometimes you can make more money by not making things better. I may not be fully understanding crypto, as I admittedly don't know that much about it. But I don't see what crypto is doing to make the world better. In fact, I hear it actually makes the world worse, because mining these coins uses a lot of electricity, which causes a lot of pollution. At least that's what I read anyway.

I mean what even is crypto? It seems like buying and selling nothing, and then psychologically manipulating people into thinking this "nothing", is actually worth something. It's annoying how these people act like they're "working hard" and are "entrepreneurs", when it seems like they don't actually do anything that does any good for the world.

I feel like speculation of any kind, is bullshit. It's not actually being productive, creating value, providing a good or service, or doing anything to improve the world. It's just trying to make money by trying to manipulate the price of things to increase. It's just trying to get something for nothing, it's trying to game the system. In fact, it kind of reminds me of how guys spit "game" to women, and these guys aren't actually good at anything, interesting people, or good people - they just know how to say the right words, in the right way, and look and act the right way, to hit a woman's attraction buttons (and I know it's not all of them, but at least some). It's all psychological manipulation either way, for these people to get what they want and hide their lack of real substance.

Again I admit that I don't know everything about this, and that I could be wrong, I could be misunderstanding something. But this is the impression I get.

Last edited:

It reminds me of another criticism I have of capitalism - it's supposed to reward productivity, creating value, improving things, making the world a better place. But it doesn't always reward these things. In fact, under capitalism, sometimes you can make more money by not making things better. I may not be fully understanding crypto, as I admittedly don't know that much about it. But I don't see what crypto is doing to make the world better. In fact, I hear it actually makes the world worse, because mining these coins uses a lot of electricity, which causes a lot of pollution. At least that's what I read anyway.

I mean what even is crypto? It seems like buying and selling nothing, and then psychologically manipulating people into thinking this "nothing", is actually worth something. It's annoying how these people act like they're "working hard" and are "entrepreneurs", when it seems like they don't actually do anything that does any good for the world.

I feel like speculation of any kind, is bullshit. It's not actually being productive, creating value, providing a good or service, or doing anything to improve the world. It's just trying to make money by trying to manipulate the price of things to increase. It's just trying to get something for nothing, it's trying to game the system. In fact, it kind of reminds me of how guys spit "game" to women, and these guys aren't actually good at anything, interesting people, or good people - they just know how to say the right words, in the right way, and look and act the right way, to hit a woman's attraction buttons (and I know it's not all of them, but at least some). It's all psychological manipulation either way, for these people to get what they want and hide their lack of real substance.

Again I admit that I don't know everything about this, and that I could be wrong, I could be misunderstanding something. But this is the impression I get.
I'm definitely anti-crypto. Early on I used it. It was not traceable. You could purchase anything with it. But, more and more it became trackable especially at the point of purchase and the point of exchange. The government likes the idea of cypto because then they can trace where every single dollar is spent and where it's going. Plus, they can easily make it disappear and reappear somewhere else. If your USB dies and you don't transfer the numbers to something else then, poof, you just lost all your crypto. No thanks. I really hope paper dollars stick around during my lifetime. Those aren't traceable.

In the same vein -

NFT art also annoys me, and I finally figured out why. It's because it's not about anything. It has no meaning or story. It seems like the whole appeal of it is just to be "random" or "crazy" or "weird", but there's no substance or deeper meaning to it, it's just a bunch of colors and images thrown together. The images are very "busy". It just seems hyper, shallow/superficial, and dopey/inane. It's all "look at me, I'm 'WEIRD', I'm an 'artist'". "Weirder" isn't always better though when it's not really about anything, but instead is just some kind of "weird" arms race for attention or to be perceived as "special".

I'm not picking up any kind of genuine thought or feeling behind it. I don't think the people doing it are geniuses. I think it's all hype, all a cynical cash grab to get that swag money, probably just to get attention, status, and sex. I know I keep saying this, but it's the same reasons why I don't like stuff like Post Malone, or "swag", or clubbing. To me all that stuff seems related - it's the cynical culture of money and hierarchical thinking/survival of the fittest bullshit, all about life is a competition and the outcome is predetermined, because you can only go as far as what you're born with. It seems regressive and bleak to me. It's not a future of things going forwards, it's going backwards. It's what you get when you let people like Trump and Lil Wayne make the world.

Maybe it's technology - not in and of itself, but the way we've been using it - instead of using it to free up more of our time for leisure and meaningful activities - which would be an actual futuristic ideal - we've just been using it to try to find more efficient ways to extract every penny out of everything, which just pushes us back towards competition instead of moving beyond it to make your life about whatever you want it to about.

It's yet another face of the MAGAverse - people getting paid big bucks to do essentially nothing that's actually any good or makes anything better, or is even honest, for the sake of money, status, attention/fame, sex, ego, power, and getting all holier-than-thou about being "productive" when it's like...yeah this thing isn't that great. It's just throwaway crap to make fast money. It's just a hustle. That's what today's world seems to be all about - finding out a way to trick the world into giving you as much money/sex/attention, for as little work, value, or sincerity, real thoughts and feelings, as possible.

Last edited:
"Flex culture" - that's the actual term for all this stuff I was describing, from clubbing and EDM to bling rap and mumble rap, to "swag", to crypto and NFT's, to MAGA politics. I didn't know there was a term that covered all of these things I'd been seeing and feeling over the years, but it always gave me the same ugly feeling that I couldn't quite put my finger on. All of those things are different aspects of the same thing, which is "flex culture". Yeah look at me, I have more money and possessions/more power/more capacity for violence/more popularity/am hotter or have more sex than you, therefore I'm better than you - this regression from civilization, and back towards every man for himself, competition, cynicism, emotional coldness, survival of the fittest. "Flex culture" is like a demon with many faces.

https://www.iflscience.com/brain/im...ZTjtFH3zHP083ZnYg3m2spwAVnKytUI2gUF5Rx_mlIARI
Surprise surprise...no wonder I don't like the vast majority of people that are into shitcoin I mean bitcoin. Most of the people that are into it, the way they talk, the way they act, the way they present themselves, they just seem like sleazebags, hustlers, and bullshit and horseshit artists, trying to trick the world into thinking they are "productive" "value creators" with financial/mathematical mindfuckery - but I haven't been able to put my finger on what it is exactly about them that rubs me the wrong way, until lately.

I guess I shouldn't think about it if it bothers me. Won't exactly get any good convos going about this, that paint me in an impressive/interesting/exciting/attractive light. It's true that it's hard to become an interesting person or get anywhere by being a hater, if it's possible at all, and it's not really what I want to be. But it always gets to me whenever I stumble across an article that comes out and says what I've been thinking, like "so it's not just me after all, I knew it".

Last edited:
Telemarketers calling me.I mess with them at first and then this well known scene played in the home alone movie gets plays with my phone near the computer which they hang up right away,

Latest posts

Back