Playstation 5 Sorrows

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 176211

Reaction score
Man, this whole Playstation 5 situation has really been a suck-fest. There was so much hype around it coming out, then the pandemic, and now due to supplies shortages many people can't get one.

Someone argued with me that 13 million were sold - they said it real "matter of factly" too- as if I had just offended their grandmother. But a simple trip to a calculator can show you that of the 104 million Playstation users across the world, 13 million is like 10-12% of people that were able to secure one. And that took a year. That's a shame. Not knocking playstation or Sony. But I won't shield them with my wallet either. They're a big boy company. They are allowed to be criticized.

Maybe its time to go back to the fun time cartoony games system and get a Nintendo Switch. Been dying to get something to occupy myself. Just disappointing because of all the hype around the PS5. And I've had a PS since 2011. One day maybe. Hopefully before 2023 when Spider-Man 2 drops. 🤷‍♂️

The hype was way overdone. I spent weeks last year trying to score one for my son (and hubby and I) - got on a waitlist at EBGames (I'm in Canada) and lucked out. BUT - the big thing is the lack of decent games to play on it. Even big name games upcoming in 2022 like Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring will be available on PS4. All the time and effort people spent last year trying to get one was pointless.

I only want a ps5 for games from naughty dog. Other than that I'm buying a nintendo switch. I think if i buy a console again (dont have one now) it will be the switch.

Well, to be fair, they couldn't have possibly known there would be a chip shortage. If you blame anyone, blame the government for relying too much on China.
Yea, I'm not really looking to blame anyone. Its really not that serious. Just venting because I want one and can't have one. That's all. No biggie.

Latest posts

Back