Poker? The Gentle Person's Game

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I setup an account for this site. But I think you need to be a computer geek to understand it. I tried playing a few hands and I can't tap my actions but instead have to press on my laptop, which is annoying. I tried setting up a game but it's unclear how to provide an address to have others join the game. There's no info in the FAQ or forums.

Is there any reason to play on this site? I'm sure we can play for free on Poker Stars or any other reputable site. The software is far superior.
Hey Mizera, I feel the same way. Site very complicated 🥴 Agree, should be able to find something more user friendly. ♠️♥️♦️♣️

I've got honeysuckle luck. 😔
Poker is enjoyable though, I just don't play it because I have honeysuckle luck.

Hello....

I like that idea, of playing poker together if there is a chance we can talk through mic , yeah...

Is this idea still alive and in progress ?

Peace....

I looked it up and apparently Americas Cardroom has the nicest looking software. If we can get at least 4 people to play I think it will be fun.

I looked it up and apparently Americas Cardroom has the nicest looking software. If we can get at least 4 people to play I think it will be fun.
The reason I had specified using the PokerTH software was for 1: it's open-source/free software 2: it's purely for fun (not associated with any gambling). And it's also something I'm familiar with, selfish as that may be.

Likewise, there is software such as (Mumble), which is open-source/free software, for voice-chat; and there are other considerations for video chat as well and such.

Like I said I wasn't super committed or enthralled about the idea of being a dedicated organizer. So, whoever wants to hold the baton, have at it, heh. I might be willing to make for a 4th or 5th wheel if you can get a ball rolling.

Cheers man, sry PokerTH wasn't your thing.

I downloaded the PokerTH but couldn't figure out how it worked, which was annoying. The idea is to play for free and I think it's best to play on a quality platform with good software. I don't know what the advantage of open source is. I played online for many years and I find it most enjoyable when the software is good and nice to look at.

I installed it and I’m happy to play… although I also had trouble logging in with user name and password. I was able to login as a guest once, but not the second time. 😑

I’ll try again later.

Latest posts

Back