Poll: Have you ever thought of yourself as being cool?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever thought of yourself as being cool?

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
You seem like a pretty cool person from the things you post on here. Out of curiosity what's up a skateboard?

Aw, thanks - I try but I know I have a long way to go 😊

I will say that posting here helps me be more social, helps me practice several things that I could stand to get better at: thinking of things to talk about, making jokes, thinking critically, listening and relating to others, and thinking through my own problems by analyzing the problems others talk about in their own lives, and getting ideas and perspectives that might not have occurred to me, on my own.

I'm definitely getting more out of it now that I'm trying to be friendlier, than how I was when I first got here when pretty much all I wanted to do was rant and pick fights, and I didn't try very hard to make a good impression or make friends, didn't really try to engage people but instead kinda used it as a punching bag for my issues. I'm getting better about the anger, but I still feel the despair at times about my life. But I try to balance it out with just talking, too.

As for the skateboarding thing, it's nothing really - just me leaning overly hard into the skateboarding/punk rock/rebel stereotype. It's kind of like a "meme" with me, without necessarily having a picture. I'm not really mocking it, just kinda lightly joking about it. I have nothing against it, but I never did learn it either.

Last edited:
No. Perhaps I would be, if only I'd learned to skateboard 🛹

Then no one could tell me what to do!
I second Claudia you are very cool man, your taste in music is sublime, I've spent most of my life surrounded by music and you're the only person that has regularly introduced me to incredible stuff I've never heard and now I'm in love with vintage Mustangs too.

Scot Walkers ' Jackie ' is basically my theme tune nowadays :)

I have never really thought of myself as being cool,I have never been popular,never had a lot of friends,and I still don't have a lot of friends,my best friend is married with kids,and only calls me once in awhile,so I really don't have any friends at all.

Yeah, when I'd excell at something or playing a certain role/archetype, you know, like a movie character. It all has to do with confidence in ability for the task in hand.

Latest posts

Back