Post freely on this board

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nowhere to go nothing to do
Getting worse.
Lockdown is over where I live and I can go out now since I am vaccinated but I have nowhere to go and nothing to do. Don't like bars, clubs, sports etc like everyone else I had one IRL friend who disappeared off FB, decide to send them a card to see if they're ok. Have heard nothing. Can't meet new people because I am too boring for others.
Online it is worse. Don't belong anywhere, was close to someone online until they found other friends now we barely talk.
Can't go to Tumblr. Twitter, Instagram etc (don't fit in on them), stopped using Discord last year because it was doing more harm than good. Too old for crap like Snapchat and Tiktok. basically outcasted and ignored everywhere.

Getting worse.
Lockdown is over where I live and I can go out now since I am vaccinated but I have nowhere to go and nothing to do. Don't like bars, clubs, sports etc like everyone else I had one IRL friend who disappeared off FB, decide to send them a card to see if they're ok. Have heard nothing. Can't meet new people because I am too boring for others.
Online it is worse. Don't belong anywhere, was close to someone online until they found other friends now we barely talk.
Can't go to Tumblr. Twitter, Instagram etc (don't fit in on them), stopped using Discord last year because it was doing more harm than good. Too old for crap like Snapchat and Tiktok. basically outcasted and ignored everywhere.
I had a sense of grief and panic when lockdown ended here too. We're back in lockdown again now, which is sad but my social anxiety prefers it.

You don't have to fit in on Tumblr or Instagram, just make anonymous niche accounts of what you like. There are other people out there who are just like you, honest.

I had a sense of grief and panic when lockdown ended here too. We're back in lockdown again now, which is sad but my social anxiety prefers it.

You don't have to fit in on Tumblr or Instagram, just make anonymous niche accounts of what you like. There are other people out there who are just like you, honest.
I tried that many times and ended up either alone or having drama, having to leave. doesn't matter which site it is it happens to me all the time

an open mind is one that is open to countless multiple possibilities .

how do we know that the person we're talking to on the internet isn't someone from another universe/dimension?

is it possible to create oneself?

if it is then we are our own creator.

what if everything is One?

my mind's blown rn.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Social media can be difficult 😬
Tried Instagram last year when COVID started. Lasted a week, felt like an oddball/didn't fit in and was reported for no reason.
Tried Tumblr this year after not being there for about 8 years. Was ignored, not followed etc. This always happens there for me. Lasted two weeks.
Was another site to take part in challenges, had been on there for 3 years with no trouble or drama till another person there in March this year picked on me. I had to leave.
see, don't fit in anywhere.

Last edited:
even the Qanon/anti vax people have friends and somewhere to go. Me it's just nowhere to go and nothing to do.
I often wonder if that's the attraction of those things. Suddenly something to live for and people paying attention to whatever nonsense one can come up with (more outrageous the better).

Sometimes i like to imagine my guy friends wearing tight princess ballerina dresses and laugh.

I found this channel today on YT. Reading the comments made me feel better. I'll check out a few more of his videos.

Sometimes our brain tries to tell us if we were “better,” we wouldn’t be lonely.

But loneliness isn’t a reflection of our worth.

There are lots of reasons why we get lonely. Sometimes we feel lonely even when surrounded by people.

Sometimes we’re loneliest when we’re surrounded by people who don’t really see or get us.

That doesn’t mean we’re unlovable or unworthy. Right now there are PLENTY of amazing people in the world who are misunderstood and unseen for who they really are.

Sometimes loneliness is the price we pay for having set boundaries we needed to set.

Sometimes loneliness is the cost of being true to ourselves.

Many people reading this have had to make hard decisions in the last year.

If you are lonely, you need to know it’s not because of something wrong with you.

You need to know that it doesn’t mean you’ll be lonely forever (even if you have a voice in your head telling you that right now).

If you’re reading this and in a situation where you feel invisible and misunderstood, you need to know that may not be about you.

Lots of us wander for a long time before finding our tribe.

But, as Tolkien wrote— not all who wander are lost.
Dr Glenn Doyle 🤍

Latest posts

Back