Post something beautiful you have seen today.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From yesterday, the taste of birthday cake, taking the time and savouring it.

Sunlight pouring through a prism. It hangs above the window and casts a myriad of small refracted rainbows that dance along the walls.

I live with a sweet geriatric dog who won't be alive much longer because of an inoperable, huge tumor. Today I had her out in the yard along with my puppies and she actually got spunky and played with them a bit and brought the tennis ball to me for me to throw.. which she rarely does these days. She had a big smile on her face and the sun was shining through the trees and from my position, it looked like she was glowing. I noticed how old and frail she looked, while my pups looked so young and strong and vibrant... and we were surrounded by flowers newly in bloom..

It breaks my heart to know that I'm going to lose her, but I found so much beauty in the sweet old girl being able to take joy in those simple things, even though they are harder for her to do than ever before. And I found beauty in us being surrounded by so much new life. It's bittersweet, but I take comfort in knowing that life goes on.. I love her and she will die, and I will sorely, sorely miss her... but there is so much room in my heart to love others after her and to appreciate the privilege of sharing my life with them, those still with me and those who I have lost.

A2DVr9m.png

tzZ1CLB.png

fox, that's just the sweetest. She is amazing, even just by looking at the pics and by your descriptions. I'm sorry to hear about what's going on with her. I do hope that she continues to be able to find joy in every day and that she doesn't suffer too much pain or at all if possible. I bet you both are lucky to have each other. This is just so sweet.

ladyforsaken said:
fox, that's just the sweetest. She is amazing, even just by looking at the pics and by your descriptions. I'm sorry to hear about what's going on with her. I do hope that she continues to be able to find joy in every day and that she doesn't suffer too much pain or at all if possible. I bet you both are lucky to have each other. This is just so sweet.

:)

She's had some struggles, but we have her to a point now that her quality of life still is good. Different, but good. She has really bad arthritis and I think the tumor hurts her too, but she's done very well on pain medication twice a day (before that she was so sad all the time, though still so loving too). She can't climb up on the couch to sleep any more, so we got her a really nice comfy dog bed to put on the floor. She has bad incontinence now but meds for it are really helping. She's deaf as a bat but her nose and eyes are still good. Also the tumor pushes against her stomach and makes it so she doesn't want to eat much. We got her some prescription, really nutrition rich food though and she loves it, but still underweight. And also we figure due to her situation, if she begs for "people food" we just give her whatever she wants as long as it safes. She deserves every joy we can give her.

She still loves life though, loves greeting her people and as always she acts as a motherly figure to the other dogs. If you approach her to give her a cuddle, she gets such a sweet look on her face and wags her tail, though she can't manage physically showing as much excitement as she used to.

She's so inspiring to me, makes me realize that there are so many things in my life that I should be taking joy in. She's beautiful inside and out. I actually got a tattoo of her last week to honor her.

fox said:
:)

She's had some struggles, but we have her to a point now that her quality of life still is good. Different, but good. She has really bad arthritis and I think the tumor hurts her too, but she's done very well on pain medication twice a day (before that she was so sad all the time, though still so loving too). She can't climb up on the couch to sleep any more, so we got her a really nice comfy dog bed to put on the floor. She has bad incontinence now but meds for it are really helping. She's deaf as a bat but her nose and eyes are still good. Also the tumor pushes against her stomach and makes it so she doesn't want to eat much. We got her some prescription, really nutrition rich food though and she loves it, but still underweight. And also we figure due to her situation, if she begs for "people food" we just give her whatever she wants as long as it safes. She deserves every joy we can give her.

She still loves life though, loves greeting her people and as always she acts as a motherly figure to the other dogs. If you approach her to give her a cuddle, she gets such a sweet look on her face and wags her tail, though she can't manage physically showing as much excitement as she used to.

She's so inspiring to me, makes me realize that there are so many things in my life that I should be taking joy in. She's beautiful inside and out. I actually got a tattoo of her last week to honor her.

Awww. She is just so precious. What a strong, amazing dog she is. I cannot imagine how hard it is for you to watch her be in that state, but it's nice that you can at least have some sweet memories out of this because of how amazing she is. I hope you'll be able to cherish all these moments ahead with her nicely. What is her name? I'll keep her in my thoughts. :)

Latest posts

Back