Post Something Positive About Yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generally people I perceive as smug, pretentious or on their high horse.

You're too kind. I say blast 'em, I don't like that kind of person. And as luck would have it I grew up with a lot of them, lol. Part of me wishes I'd learned to mouth off to people earlier, but I was hung up on being nice back then.

Then again, holding your tongue, picking your battles, and not letting people bother you, are admirable and mature traits, that shows more strength than trying to act like a tough guy. Although I do also believe in being assertive and wish I'd learned this earlier. I don't know...it's a tough line to walk.

You're too kind. I say blast 'em, I don't like that kind of person. And as luck would have it I grew up with a lot of them, lol. Part of me wishes I'd learned to mouth off to people earlier, but I was hung up on being nice back then.

Then again, holding your tongue, picking your battles, and not letting people bother you, are admirable and mature traits, that shows more strength than trying to act like a tough guy. Although I do also believe in being assertive and wish I'd learned this earlier. I don't know...it's a tough line to walk.
I worked with an older female attorney. She was awesome! I really admired her. She was super nice and super sweet. But, in a very nice tone and a very pleasant voice she would hand you your ass on a platter. It would usually take a few seconds for the other person to realize she just told them to go F themselves. Ha! ha! I always want to do that way. But, I just say F U and leave it at that.

Generally people I perceive as smug, pretentious or on their high horse.
That reminds me of one of my positives!

I'm able to communicated effectively with all the little people. Ha! ha!

iu

I'm definitely no door mat. At least not for guys. Women on the other hand 😩. If it's between standing up for myself and not 99% of the time I will. What I've come to accept is that I'm not changing any minds. An easy thing to accept for most. Was and is very hard for me.

I like to be clean.

Even when I was working on cars all day I would scrub my hands/arms until they were completely clean. Even when I go on camping trips I make sure I'm completely clean before going to bed. There's no ass or feet smells in my tent / truck!

I defeated my insecurities with long term analysis and data gathering, most of them before I was 20. The hardest one was intelligence, but I realised I don't want to defeat that one. Doubting and continuously re-examining myself is a good way to stop myself from doing something actually stupid. However, I recently acquired a new insecurity, but data gathering is awkward in this case, so that's why I joined...

I can read, follow, and understand wiring diagrams. :)
I am jealous! I want to learn wiring. The most I've ever done is replace a wall receptacle and install some lights...lol I would really love to learn how to wire solar. It looks complicated with inverters, batteries and what-not.

I am jealous! I want to learn wiring. The most I've ever done is replace a wall receptacle and install some lights...lol I would really love to learn how to wire solar. It looks complicated with inverters, batteries and what-not.
Have you hurd of this new form of solar panels being worked on at this moment called spherical solar cells? It's a very interesting project said to store 10% or more solar energy than its flat counterpart its interesting topic I'm sure it's not the best solution, but you mentioned solar, so I was just curious. :)

Last edited:
Awesome! Please stay motivated. Electronics can be really fun. To be honest, solar energy systems are actually really simple. Salespeople just make them sound complicated. Often they don't know what they are talking about and fill in the blanks with lies. There is sooo much BS information about solar too. Lots of people, especially on the Internet, just keep reposted wrong information. There are also many bad products. The complicated part is knowing what's good / what's not, what's needed / what's not, and what would work best for the individual situation. Feel free to send me a PM and I will help you when I can. :)

Latest posts

Back