Post Something Positive About Yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an international driver's license and drove in a few other countries. I thought I was a pretty good driver. Nope. The foreign driver's go through hell to get a driver's license. By the time they get one they are very good drivers. I was impressed at how fast and close together they drove. Yet, there rarely was an accident. Around here there are probably 10 - 20 accidents on the local freeways everyday. People do not pay attention and do not expect the unexpected.
Didn't know that there was such a thing as an international drivers license nor did I realize that my good old NY drivers license wouldn't be valid anywhere I went! Good thing I never went to Europe!!! Lol..

I got an international driver's license and drove in a few other countries. I thought I was a pretty good driver. Nope. The foreign driver's go through hell to get a driver's license. By the time they get one they are very good drivers. I was impressed at how fast and close together they drove. Yet, there rarely was an accident. Around here there are probably 10 - 20 accidents on the local freeways everyday. People do not pay attention and do not expect the unexpected.
I don't know, I guess it depends on the country.
Here in Belgium people tend to drive very closely to one another, but that is more because they are tense.
If you suddenly have to brake, the distance necessary is for a large part not dependant on the skills of the driver.
Many people take risks here, it doesn't mean that because they do this here that we would be better drivers.

Latest posts

Back