prejudices stopping you from engaging with others

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theablekingathelstan

Reaction score
I admit to having dark thoughts. people who don't IMO and experience are often liars or false virtue signallers.
do internal prejudices towards others stop you from engaging with given kinds of people?
I don't like women who are attractive or conventionally hot. I find most of the time, they tend to be dark, selfish, spiteful, and full of themselves. And on very seldom occasions am I proven wrong.
So I don't engage with them in public that often. I ignore them whenever I come across them, such as at work, or at social events. I've even had some come up to me and say why I didn't talk with them and I just didn't say anything. Nobody is owed conversation or attention, that's just a fact.

At times, yes. When I was younger, I didn't judge, though. I did; but, I always gave people the benefit of the doubt. I met some some AMAZINGLY beautiful, wonderful people, by pushing forward, beyond my pre-judgements...

Well that’s fine but I prefer to my own inner spaces.
At times, yes. When I was younger, I didn't judge, though. I did; but, I always gave people the benefit of the doubt. I met some some AMAZINGLY beautiful, wonderful people, by pushing forward, beyond my pre-judgements...
acknowledge m

I no longer engage anybody except for the Walmart greeters because they are paid to by nice and greet me when I walk into the store. I actually do like that and smile at them. I get to pretend they like me. I guess that's why Walmart does that.

I don't interact with people that I don't vibe with. There are people that just give me strange feelings, and I trust my gut. I used to not do that, and it put me in some bad situations. We have fight and flight for a reason.

The people I'm wary of are the in-your-face, superficially friendly social climbers. I've been through a few embarrassing experiences from that. They're not making friends, only connections. Draw you out, only to judge. It usually ends with them realizing I am a "loser" by their definition and abruptly stopping talking.

Last edited:
I've seen alot of different types of personalities and people. I look back at my younger selfs, and the attitudes. I realize I've limited my experiences because of personal prejudices. I've become better, still room for improvement. I try more now to analyze why I have initial thoughts, and properly chastise myself for them. I hope I do better now than in the past.

Latest posts

Back