"Pro-Life" my caboose

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beingnobody

Reaction score
In the United States, guns are obviously valued more highly than human life. ESPECIALLY the lives of babies and children.

THAT is the "mental illness" driving mass shootings.

Too many Americans own AR15's out of spiteful, petulant, childish defiance. Not "need ."

A significant % of Americans prioritize their toys no matter how many lives it costs, which is terrible. That said, watching the 'weekend militia' on youtube, usually overweight middle aged white men running around the local backwoods in tactical gear is good for a chuckle.

Last edited:
The American government has only ever and will only ever care about 2 things:

1.) Their own money.
2.) Maintaining their position of power and control.

Actually, that's kind of all government everywhere, and the entire history of government in a gist.

If it wasn't guns it'd be explosives, and if not explosives than sharp objects, etc. Basically you can't nullify humans and society from being violent, it's just not possible. The most they can do is harm reduction.

However, I do think that a lot of people would greatly like to see some d@mn harm reduction go into effect as the increase of violent crimes has really skyrocketed in the last 10 years.

A significant % of Americans prioritize their toys no matter how many lives, which is terrible. That said, watching the 'weekend militia' on youtube, usually overweight middle aged white men running around the local backwoods in tactical gear is good for a chuckle.
Don't forget the church militias preparing for the Civil War they are itching to start to provide an excuse to murder

Not "need ."
Pretty sure they will all tell you that they don't NEED them. They WANT them. There's a difference. And the majority of the people that own them are responsible with them.
I'm not saying gun always are perfect, but come on, that's not the issue. Take away gun rights and nothing will change. People will still find guns or use something else.

Diabetes kills more people than guns. So do heart attacks. I guess we should all get on board with banning sugar and burgers.

The government of New York banned Redi-Whip.......

7470ai.jpg

It is age restricted not banned, the same as cigarettes, driving and many other things.

Pretty sure they will all tell you that they don't NEED them. They WANT them. There's a difference. And the majority of the people that own them are responsible with them.
I'm not saying gun always are perfect, but come on, that's not the issue. Take away gun rights and nothing will change. People will still find guns or use something else.

Diabetes kills more people than guns. So do heart attacks. I guess we should all get on board with banning sugar and burgers.
Sweetness ensues. I hope regurgitating that mantra didn't put a strain on your brain.

The American government has only ever and will only ever care about 2 things:

1.) Their own money.
2.) Maintaining their position of power and control.

Actually, that's kind of all government everywhere, and the entire history of government in a gist.

If it wasn't guns it'd be explosives, and if not explosives than sharp objects, etc. Basically you can't nullify humans and society from being violent, it's just not possible. The most they can do is harm reduction.

However, I do think that a lot of people would greatly like to see some d@mn harm reduction go into effect as the increase of violent crimes has really skyrocketed in the last 10 years.
You can certainly stop, or heavily restrict, individuals owning the type of firearms originally designed for the military, that can kills a dozen plus people in a few seconds.

Just about every other developed nation does.

You can certainly stop, or heavily restrict, individuals owning the type of firearms originally designed for the military, that can kills a dozen plus people in a few seconds.

Just about every other developed nation does.
They are responsible for a minuscule percentage of the shootings here. Banning semi automatic rifles would be about as significant as spitting in the Atlantic ocean. Some politicians here try to use semi auto rifles to gin up their base because they are 'scary' looking and make a good visual to go along with their talking points. But the fact remains that they are very rarely used in the commission of a crime. They are, however, quite effective in dissuading violent thuggish rioters from destroying your home and physically attacking you, as one St. Louis lawyer and his wife showed the country...

They are responsible for a minuscule percentage of the shootings here. Banning semi automatic rifles would be about as significant as spitting in the Atlantic ocean. Some politicians here try to use semi auto rifles to gin up their base because they are 'scary' looking and make a good visual to go along with their talking points. But the fact remains that they are very rarely used in the commission of a crime. They are, however, quite effective in dissuading violent thuggish rioters from destroying your home and physically attacking you, as one St. Louis lawyer and his wife showed the country...
You are correct. Tie problem is not specifically AR15's. The problem is the epidemic of gun fetishization which has become a mental illness
Stockpiling and hoarding guns just to be defiant and spiteful, and thinking it's funny, is perverse and obscene.

Not to mention ignorant and "irresponsible."

Some politicians here try to use semi auto rifles to gin up their base because they are 'scary' looking and make a good visual to go along with their talking points.
Maybe because they're the weapon of choice in high profile mass shootings.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm sorry, but where exactly are you getting your information, because it honestly seems like you don't know much about gun laws or gun culture.
Among my relatives are multiple households with at least 2 AR15 's along with multiple other rifles, shotguns pistols and bows. Every male in my family hunts except for me. I served 12 years in the military and have hands on experience with multiple firearms, automatic weapons, grenades and biological/ chemical weapons and am probably nearly twice your age with 10 times your life experience.

Stay chill folks, if you can. :)
We're lonely, in a mad world; and it's always been mad.

The care and concern we have, for our fellow human beings, I'd like to believe, is quite precious..

It's just often beset by many things... external, and internal..

Last edited:
Maybe because they're the weapon of choice in high profile mass shootings.
Again, "high profile mass shootings" are a tiny percentage of US shootings.
Tiny.
They're just the ones that make all the headlines.
And yes, some politicians, like "Beto" O'Rourke, try to use these frenzied media events to their own advantage.

Latest posts

Back