Probably can't get worse

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatOneDude

Reaction score
Lately I've pretty much been thinking that I can't possibly get worse. I've lost most of the few friends I had recently, it's a struggle to leave the house, I even have to take most of my classes online now. Everything I've tried to do to improve my life has failed. I don't want to sound like an ungrateful ass but I don't really know how I can keep going through life the way I am.

I listen to audio books from audible.com
there's all kinds of helpful info
I'm sort of a Buddhist junkie.
Not in the religion sense but the philosophy has
helped me to be calmer and not so stressed-out.
Also I very recently discovered (after decades) that my diet was causing me to be depressed.

Keep trying new things, and don't take it too seriously if it doesn't "click"
Just try something new.

Hang in there.

hey man you're not an ungrateful ass, try not to think like that,

we all have problems

*hugs*

seriously after my junior year in highschool, i had no friends, not one person that I could call a friend, not even aquantances,

and it sucked,

but it wasn't the end, life sucked but it wasn't the end, i kept going to class, did a few part time jobs went to the gym rode my bike everywhere

time went by, I graduated then i went to highschool and I was still lonely for a few months, I went out for a smoothie, and saw some kids playing soccer, I asked to join in and they've become good friends since.

sorry for the lame recap,

point being remeber you're not the only one,

you're not the only one who's felt like they had no friends,

but it's not the end

it takes patience and courage for good things to happen I guess

you are only a failure when you cease to try

you're lucky you you got some online classes, get to sleep in everyday awesome,

but if the weather is nice you should try getting out, at least for a walk or something the worst that could happen would be you get a little excersie

but you're a nice guy, you deserve some friends and anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend

you're awesome
hang in there man

*hugs*

:)

Mate I have 1 friend that I get to hang out every couple of months. I work all the time... and my family seems to be thinking I'm a selfrighteous prick whose trying desperately to make their lives as miserable as possible. I used to hide my frustration at life and not let it show. However that's not logical. It eventually builds with your stress until you have a massive meltdown that makes the couple weeks or months previous not really worth it.
What I've found in the last little while... find some way to unwind, if you can find a trusted person you can talk to (In my experience my parents aren't the best at that because they start that whole parenting thing;) but still it doesn't mean yours can't work out).

Just realize life doesn't end when you mess up. This time of your (and my) life is a refining fire for the future. I once heard an interesting saying. Tasks do not get easier. Rather our power to accomplish them is increased.
Best of luck!

Aedammair

denial and delusion, is how I go about most of the bad embarassing honeysuckle,''along with my favorite disillusionment,

that becuase of my lonlielness and lame honeysuckle in life, I have become comic book hero level badass

seriously let me show you my latest pic

2826435193_ee6450dbc7.jpg

see

loneliness gives you adamantium claws! B*tch

lols

:p

LOL that is awesome Efan!

@Dude (can I call you dude?) I think helping you is getting to the root of it. What has caused you to become this way? Why have you lost most of your friends, why don't you want to leave the house anymore?

That is indeed awesome. X-23 ftw.

Sci-Fi said:
LOL that is awesome Efan!

@Dude (can I call you dude?) I think helping you is getting to the root of it. What has caused you to become this way? Why have you lost most of your friends, why don't you want to leave the house anymore?

I just don't think I can trust people anymore. It's kind of complicated, but I pretty much lost my friends because I care about them more than they care about me. That's not to say I'm a perfect person who's never done anything wrong or made anyone feel bad, but that's what I think it is. I don't want to leave the house because I really don't think I like people. I don't want to constantly get hurt. Losing my two friends was really rough. They were really important to me. And I really just can't stand being in public anymore. I can leave the house, I just don't like to.

I was you 8 years ago, it is not easy but you have to get out. I still don't trust people, even when I want to because they do let you down. Every once in awhile though someone will surprise you so don't give up. Just the other day in the grocery store the cashier told me to have a nice evening, now a lot of them do that but it's more like that cartoon dog who talks in the monotone, I can't remember who he is right now. When she said it, it was cheerful, and she didn't say that to the people before me, and she put YOU in front of it and spoke directly to me. It caught my attention and made me feel a bit better. I don't know if she thought I looked like I needed that or maybe she thought I was cute (lol) who knows. So get out, maybe you'll have a cashier or a complete stranger just give you a friendly smile or a HI.

Emoticon(40).gif

I would think so, what caused the falling out of the friend in the first place?

that's probably not a bad idea, just don't get your hopes up though

Dude, always give things a try. I honestly think it is better to suffer a disappointment after trying than getting drowned in the fear and insecurity felt if you don't try at all. Sometimes a few good attempts are all you need to turn things around. Best of luck to you.

Yeah, if you have a chance of reconciling with your friend do it. I had a friend who stabbed me in the back that I held a grudge against for many years. A few years ago he sent me a message on Facebook apologizing for what he did (he still owes me 50 bucks) but it meant a lot that he took the time to do that. I also let go of hurt I was carrying around towards another friend of mine a long time ago, I ran into her and told her I wasn't going to keep being mad at her anymore. I know she'd been regretting what happened between us and for me to speak to her in a civil manor and tell her I'm letting it go and forgive her meant the world to her. She didn't say it but I could see it in her face, it's always good to just let go of the past and put it aside. My brother finally let go of his grudge with a cousin of ours that we used to be really close friends with. It made her cry but at least they finally put it behind them. Sometimes you have to decide what is more important, your friendship or holding on to something that only causes you pain. Then move on from there.

fresia it. I really don't care anymore. I give up. sometimes you just have to take the hint. bad honeysuckle keeps happening, you give up. life is too ******* complicated for me.

Ok, I always seem to go back on what I say. I got my opportunity and I took it, but she seems kind of....distant. Like she could give a crap. Think it's all in my head? Am I just being paranoid?

Latest posts

Back