Prostitution what do you think

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Games

Reaction score
I worked with a guy for a while who told me about a couple of prostitutes he saw regularly. He said they were like friends and helped with his loneliness after he split from his wife.He told me alot about it over the space of an hour he was quite open and he did like to talk. :D He even said of one marrying a vicar and leaving the profession that he'd heard of.Then he got into another relationship but I'm not sure he had given it up I dunno I just didn't trust him but could have been wrong.I thought well good luck to him if it makes him happy but I did say how he felt about them seeing alot of guys which he got really defensive about'I couldn't give a honeysuckle' was his words.He said it was called a girlfriend experience and cost £150 for an hour . I thought how the hell could he afford that on our wages.

Anyway I couldn't stick him cause I could not work with him cause I like to 'crack on' get the job done quick but he liked to talk and didn't really like the job.

Just wondered if I was right to dismiss it like that

it should be legalized everywhere. as long as they are not directly harming anyone else, what 2 consenting adults do with their bodies is no one else's business but their own. the reason why it is illegal & so stigmatized is based entirely upon certain religious doctrines-so much for seperation of church & state i guess.

that being said, it may help some to address their physical drives but will also make most men feel far more lonely, pathetic & empty. there is no actual affection or validation to be experienced by paying for sex so no true connection other than physical. it also is somewhat degrading to have to pay for what so many get & give willingly & for free. personally, i have to have something more than a physical attraction to a women to want to be with her-not that it really matters in my case anyway.

^ I agree with Mgill.

STDs aside. Unfortunately, for me, I like the know that the woman I'm with is there because she wants to be. I also like knowing she is really enjoying herself. Knowing that it's a paid service, pitty sex, revenge sex, or just about anything other then her wanting to have sex with me it's just a huge let down. I can physically pleasure myself far better then anybody else can. Sex for me is much more then just the old in out.

Just like if I'm trying to communicate with someone or even a group and nobody is listening to what I'm saying then I just stop talking, turn around, and walk off. Several times I've gotten away without anybody even noticing. Later they might ask where I went. But, they never even realized I was trying to say something.

The guys that can enjoy prostitutes enjoy selfish sex. It's all about them. It's funny that more attached guys use prostitutes then unwanted guys. Maybe selfish people are more desirable?

Finished said:
The guys that can enjoy prostitutes enjoy selfish sex. It's all about them. It's funny that more attached guys use prostitutes then unwanted guys. Maybe selfish people are more desirable?

Yup. You would need to be brain dead or willfully ignorant not to be bothered by the fact that the sex worker is  blanking out because the experience is that awful (even if she's numbed to it as a result of the daily routine).  I'm curious about guys don't care about this. I guess it's possible some sex workers, perhaps middle aged, working from home and able to carefully pick their clients, are okay with the sex itself, but no way that's the majority.

Agree with the second statement too.

mgill said:
it should be legalized everywhere. as long as they are not directly harming anyone else, what 2 consenting adults do with their bodies is no one else's business but their own.  the reason why it is illegal & so stigmatized is based entirely upon certain religious doctrines-so much for seperation of church & state i guess.

that being said, it may help some to address their physical drives but will also make most men feel far more lonely, pathetic & empty.  there is no actual affection or validation to be experienced by paying for sex so no true connection other than physical.  it also is somewhat degrading to have to pay for what so many get & give willingly & for free.  personally, i have to have something more than a physical attraction to a women to want to be with her-not that it really matters in my case anyway.

He did say that aboit his favourite they would talk alot about his family as well as her son and what she was up to.Also that the other one was always really happy to see him gave him a big hug when he got there  and that he was pretty lonely. I dunno sounded alot more than just sex to me?Also like I said he was very chatty,very confident,he obviously enjoyed venting about his life,meeting celebrities for example in his former job.Maybe it was nice for him to vent to them make him feel less lonely?I'm not gonna give any more info just realised alot of people read this.

TheRealCallie said:
What do I think?  I think the debate section would have probably been a better place for a prostitution thread. lol

Callie what do you think can it be moved?

Just Games said:
mgill said:
it should be legalized everywhere. as long as they are not directly harming anyone else, what 2 consenting adults do with their bodies is no one else's business but their own.  the reason why it is illegal & so stigmatized is based entirely upon certain religious doctrines-so much for seperation of church & state i guess.

that being said, it may help some to address their physical drives but will also make most men feel far more lonely, pathetic & empty.  there is no actual affection or validation to be experienced by paying for sex so no true connection other than physical.  it also is somewhat degrading to have to pay for what so many get & give willingly & for free.  personally, i have to have something more than a physical attraction to a women to want to be with her-not that it really matters in my case anyway.

He did say that aboit his favourite they would talk alot about his family as well as her son and what she was up to.Also that the other one was always really happy to see him gave him a big hug when he got there  and that he was pretty lonely. I dunno sounded alot more than just sex to me?

it's not anything more than sex and to think there may be is a delusion.  the good one's are very good actors as they make more money that way, not to mention repeat customers.  any affection is staged and any interest feigned as to the women it is purely a financial transaction not based on any emotional connection.  if this was not true then there would be no exchange of $ for services.  

mgill said:
Just Games said:
mgill said:

He did say that aboit his favourite they would talk alot about his family as well as her son and what she was up to.Also that the other one was always really happy to see him gave him a big hug when he got there  and that he was pretty lonely. I dunno sounded alot more than just sex to me?

it's not anything more than sex and to think there may be is a delusion.  the good one's are very good actors as they make more money that way, not to mention repeat customers.  any affection is staged and any interest feigned as to the women it is purely a financial transaction not based on any emotional connection.  if this was not true then there would be no exchange of $ for services.  

How about the one that married a vicar.?
Do you think some sex workers might actually enjoy their job?

Just Games said:
How about the one that married a vicar.?
Do you think some sex workers might actually enjoy their job?

Absolutely. Some people get lots of satisfaction from making others feel better. It's just taking helping others that need help to an extreme. Getting well paid makes it even better.

Prostitution is illegal, at least in America, because it "encourages" sex trafficking and demeans the prostitutes. It also "encourages" violence because of the pimp aspect. In America, prostitution is largely up to each individual state, which is why Nevada was able to legalize it, but street prostitutes are still illegal in Nevada, only brothels are allowed.

Some prostitutes do enjoy what they do. Not everyone needs or wants something more, some people just like sex.

And yes, the thread could be moved if a mod decides it doesn't belong here and moves it.

TheRealCallie said:
Prostitution is illegal, at least in America, because it "encourages" sex trafficking and demeans the prostitutes.  It also "encourages" violence because of the pimp aspect.  In America, prostitution is largely up to each individual state, which is why Nevada was able to legalize it, but street prostitutes are still illegal in Nevada, only brothels are allowed. 

Some prostitutes do enjoy what they do.  Not everyone needs or wants something more, some people just like sex.

And yes, the thread could be moved if a mod decides it doesn't belong here and moves it.
He said one worked for herself don't no about the other.

mgill said:
that being said, it may help some to address their physical drives but will also make most men feel far more lonely, pathetic & empty. there is no actual affection or validation to be experienced by paying for sex so no true connection other than physical. it also is somewhat degrading to have to pay for what so many get & give willingly & for free.

^this is pretty much exactly how I feel about it. I never had any interest in it because it seems to me like something that would just confirm the idea that you are a loser. It's like, if you're a struggling guy, life has already been calling you a loser all your life. If you decide to see a prostitute it's like you're finally accepting the insult, yes, you are a loser, so inferior that you have to pay for what others get for free as a natural, given part of life - as well as breaking the law and risking arrest, disease, and humiliation.

Also it's one of those things that can't be undone. It's always going to be on your record of life that you sunk that low, stooped to paying for it. A person shouldn't have to resort to that.

Finished said:
STDs aside. Unfortunately, for me, I like the know that the woman I'm with is there because she wants to be. I also like knowing she is really enjoying herself. Knowing that it's a paid service, pitty sex, revenge sex, or just about anything other then her wanting to have sex with me it's just a huge let down.

^Also agree with this too. I'm not interested in anything other than being genuinely wanted, anything less isn't the real deal and to me isn't a worthwhile experience. It's still not being attractive enough to get anyone, and still not getting anywhere in life, not building up anything with anyone. It's meaningless and I don't want meaningless, I want something real, want to get somewhere.

Finished said:

Unfortunately, I've seen this a lot. Selfish people project power (whether it's real or not), and they make others feel that if a selfish person chooses them, they must be really special. You have to "win" over a selfish person, whereas a nice person's acceptance of you is seen as a given so people don't feel it's as valuable or interesting/exciting.

Not saying everyone is like this, but it seems to be a phenomenon, seems to be a "thing". It's really disappointing to me that the old game of "popularity" doesn't seem to go away, like I always hoped and waited for.

This is all just my two cents, if people want to do this I can't stop it. But I don't think it's too cool. I think it's loser behavior, and gross.

Most people are like this, unfortunately, and well into adulthood. I've heard otherwise nice women talk about how they enjoy a challenge with men. We're supposed to be pursuers but at the same time not appear too vailable in order to keep the chemistry alive and appear 'high value'. Just about a million ways things can wrong under those circumstances. It appears to be next to impossible socially awkward forever alone types to have a shot. And resorting to seeing a 'pro' is the ultimate confirmation of hopeless it is.

TheSkaFish said:
mgill said:
that being said, it may help some to address their physical drives but will also make most men feel far more lonely, pathetic & empty.  there is no actual affection or validation to be experienced by paying for sex so no true connection other than physical.  it also is somewhat degrading to have to pay for what so many get & give willingly & for free. 

^this is pretty much exactly how I feel about it.  I never had any interest in it because it seems to me like something that would just confirm the idea that you are a loser.  It's like, if you're a struggling guy, life has already been calling you a loser all your life.  If you decide to see a prostitute it's like you're finally accepting the insult, yes, you are a loser, so inferior that you have to pay for what others get for free as a natural, given part of life - as well as breaking the law and risking arrest, disease, and humiliation.

Also it's one of those things that can't be undone.  It's always going to be on your record of life that you sunk that low, stooped to paying for it.  A person shouldn't have to resort to that.

Finished said:
STDs aside. Unfortunately, for me, I like the know that the woman I'm with is there because she wants to be. I also like knowing she is really enjoying herself. Knowing that it's a paid service, pitty sex, revenge sex, or just about anything other then her wanting to have sex with me it's just a huge let down.

^Also agree with this too.  I'm not interested in anything other than being genuinely wanted, anything less isn't the real deal and to me isn't a worthwhile experience.  It's still not being attractive enough to get anyone, and still not getting anywhere in life, not building up anything with anyone.  It's meaningless and I don't want meaningless, I want something real, want to get somewhere.

Finished said:

Unfortunately, I've seen this a lot.  Selfish people project power (whether it's real or not), and they make others feel that if a selfish person chooses them, they must be really special.  You have to "win" over a selfish person, whereas a nice person's acceptance of you is seen as a given so people don't feel it's as valuable or interesting/exciting.

Not saying everyone is like this, but it seems to be a phenomenon, seems to be a "thing".  It's really disappointing to me that the old game of "popularity" doesn't seem to go away, like I always hoped and waited for.

This is all just my two cents, if people want to do this I can't stop it.  But I don't think it's too cool.  I think it's loser behavior, and gross.

Well he was certainly a happy loser whatever the definition of a a loser is.Why is it gross?Do you think the prostitute is gross for giving him the service?Is it a loser trait to want a bit of companionship which aswell as the sex is what he was getting?The more I think of it the more I think why not if he was lonely. What's the big deal?

Just Games said:
Well he was certainly a happy loser whatever the definition of a a loser is.Why is it gross?Do you think the prostitute is gross for giving him the service?Is it a loser trait to want a bit of companionship which aswell as the sex is what he was getting?The more I think of it the more I think why not if he was lonely. What's the big deal?

He may have been happy, or he may have only appeared happy on the surface. Of course, I wasn't there so I can't say for sure.

I think it's kind of gross seeing as how many partners prostitutes have, things could go wrong, diseases, and all that. Sticking yourself where so many other guys have been, I just don't like it, even if it's not rational. The fluids go away, but the fact that they were there grosses me out. I know that on a realistic level, partner count doesn't really matter as long as a person doesn't have any diseases. And I know that by a certain age it's not realistic to expect people to have had no other partners except you, but I wouldn't go out of my way for someone with a high partner count, unless they had something about them that really made up for it, like they were someone I really cared about.
Plus, someone who chooses to be a prostitute is already showing that they're comfortable with levels of risk that most people would consider extreme. Who knows what other risky behaviors they're doing as well. I know prostitutes don't have a monopoly on risky behavior, but I feel like the chances of them doing other risky behaviors is more likely.

Is it a loser trait to want companionship and sex? Of course not. I just don't like the way this guy went about it. I guess I feel like being able to attract a woman naturally is the "right" answer, it's winning. But having to pay for it is losing. Like if you were a winner, if you were "right", you wouldn't have to pay for it, and I don't think a person should have to pay for it. It's a sign that something isn't right. I don't know. Maybe it's one of those things where I'm injecting too much of myself into the situation, and how it would make me feel about myself.

I guess...it always makes me angry when people suggest it as a solution for lonely men (I don't feel like you did) in a condescending way, like that's what you have to settle for because you're just not good enough, you just weren't born with enough of the right stuff, you're inherently inferior.

I hope you don't feel personally attacked by my post. It's just how I feel about the issue.

TheSkaFish said:
Just Games said:

He may have been happy, or he may have only appeared happy on the surface.  Of course, I wasn't there so I can't say for sure.

I think it's kind of gross seeing as how many partners prostitutes have, things could go wrong, diseases, and all that.  Sticking yourself where so many other guys have been, I just don't like it, even if it's not rational.  The fluids go away, but the fact that they were there grosses me out.  I know that on a realistic level, partner count doesn't really matter as long as a person doesn't have any diseases.  And I know that by a certain age it's not realistic to expect people to have had no other partners except you, but I wouldn't go out of my way for someone with a high partner count, unless they had something about them that really made up for it, like they were someone I really cared about.
Plus, someone who chooses to be a prostitute is already showing that they're comfortable with levels of risk that most people would consider extreme.  Who knows what other risky behaviors they're doing as well.  I know prostitutes don't have a monopoly on risky behavior, but I feel like the chances of them doing other risky behaviors is more likely.

Is it a loser trait to want companionship and sex?  Of course not.  I just don't like the way this guy went about it.  I guess I feel like being able to attract a woman naturally is the "right" answer, it's winning.  But having to pay for it is losing.  Like if you were a winner, if you were "right", you wouldn't have to pay for it, and I don't think a person should have to pay for it.  It's a sign that something isn't right.  I don't know.  Maybe it's one of those things where I'm injecting too much of myself into the situation, and how it would make me feel about myself. 

I guess...it always makes me angry when people suggest it as a solution for lonely men (I don't feel like you did) in a condescending way, like that's what you have to settle for because you're just not good enough, you just weren't born with enough of the right stuff, you're inherently inferior. 

I hope you don't feel personally attacked by my post.  It's just how I feel about the issue.

Of course not Skafish,thanks for replying  :)

TheSkaFish said:
Just Games said:

He may have been happy, or he may have only appeared happy on the surface.  Of course, I wasn't there so I can't say for sure.

I think it's kind of gross seeing as how many partners prostitutes have, things could go wrong, diseases, and all that.  Sticking yourself where so many other guys have been, I just don't like it, even if it's not rational.  The fluids go away, but the fact that they were there grosses me out.  I know that on a realistic level, partner count doesn't really matter as long as a person doesn't have any diseases.  And I know that by a certain age it's not realistic to expect people to have had no other partners except you, but I wouldn't go out of my way for someone with a high partner count, unless they had something about them that really made up for it, like they were someone I really cared about.
Plus, someone who chooses to be a prostitute is already showing that they're comfortable with levels of risk that most people would consider extreme.  Who knows what other risky behaviors they're doing as well.  I know prostitutes don't have a monopoly on risky behavior, but I feel like the chances of them doing other risky behaviors is more likely.

Is it a loser trait to want companionship and sex?  Of course not.  I just don't like the way this guy went about it.  I guess I feel like being able to attract a woman naturally is the "right" answer, it's winning.  But having to pay for it is losing.  Like if you were a winner, if you were "right", you wouldn't have to pay for it, and I don't think a person should have to pay for it.  It's a sign that something isn't right.  I don't know.  Maybe it's one of those things where I'm injecting too much of myself into the situation, and how it would make me feel about myself. 

I hope you don't feel personally attacked by my post.  It's just how I feel about the issue.

So how many partners is too many?   Like say the girl of your dreams, your soulmate, etc etc walks up to you and wants to be yours.  How many guys would it take for you to say "ew, no, I'm not touching that"? 

And no, I'm not being a *****, I'm genuinely curious.

Just Games said:
Of course not Skafish,thanks for replying  :)

Sure thing, no problem :)

TheRealCallie said:
So how many partners is too many?   Like say the girl of your dreams, your soulmate, etc etc walks up to you and wants to be yours.  How many guys would it take for you to say "ew, no, I'm not touching that"? 

I don't really know. Not to be too lewd but for me it would be a little hard for me to want to do certain things knowing that some other guy's junk was there at some point. I'd have to try not to think about it. But like I said, I know that realistically, the number doesn't actually matter as long as the person doesn't have any diseases, and the significance of the count is just a made-up thing. It might just be a personal hang-up of mine.

For the girl of my dreams/soulmate/true love, almost all bets are off. I guess for me, while I'd prefer they've had as few guys as possible (while understanding that it's not realistic) I would only feel like "ew no I'm not touching that" about diseases, more than partner count.

TheRealCallie said:
And no, I'm not being a *****, I'm genuinely curious.

I didn't take it that way, so no worries. I was just trying to speak my mind without trying to be insulting but I may have come off that way just due to how I phrased it.

Though I've never even considered seeking "the services" of a prostitute, even in my loneliest moments, I think some form of regulated prostitution might be able to work, but it would have to protect against the abuses of "free market" prostitution. My understanding is that, at one point at least, prostitutes in Amsterdam's red light district had to meet some pretty strict government regulations. They also had healthcare, retirement programs and protections from abuse (though I'm sure abuse occurred nonetheless). Regardless, I'm generally against prostitution in principle. I don't even like strip clubs (or "gentleman's clubs," as some prefer to call them). Such things reduce people down to gratification commodities and inhuman pleasure bots and they seem to also encourage sex addiction, which seems to run rampant wherever humans abide. I feel the same about male prostitution and male strip clubs, either heterosexual or homosexual (I have visited gay and lesbian strip clubs in the distant past). Generally, I agree with the old adage, "there's nothing more overrated than sex and nothing as underrated as a good bowel movement." Don't get me wrong, sex is fantastic, but only with a person who genuinely wants my company and who I know and trust.

Latest posts

Back