PS4 or Xbox One? Some say it's a walk over...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your preference...

• Total voters
After watching E3, I really don't see how this is even close. I pretty much said that since the PS4 and the Xbox One won't have backwards compatibility for either the PS3 or the Xbox 360, then they are on even playing ground. I got a PS3 6 years ago because the 60 GB PS3 could play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games. Now it was Microsoft's chance to impress me and they haven't at all so far. Why is forcing your customers into playing video games a certain way a good thing? In this case, it is their "online-only" console where Xbox One customers will have to pay their $60 fee no matter if they use to play online a lot or not.

Sure, the PS4 will require their customers to pay for $5/month for PS+ if they want to play online multiplayer, but that is only their option. I spent most of my purchases on PSN through DLC anyway, so you can see that this doesn't affect my pocket too much. Honestly though, I am just glad the PS4 and the Xbox One didn't raise the price of their games to $70. That would have been ridiculous.

echo said:
The Wii U is the only system with new games coming out that I would like to play, like the new Mario Smash Bros Melee and Xenoblade 2 (or whatever it's called)...I would really love to play those two games and I think the Wii U handheld thing looks cool. I would get a PS4, maybe in the looooooooong future. I don't have any favorites but I have always found myself playing Playstation games, from PSone to playstation 2 and playstation 3. I really hate how they're going to start charging for a subscription service though, they really stooped low in my opinion. So now that they're going to charge money for online play, does that mean I can't play Little Big Planet or Journey on my PS3 anymore? To hell with that. I've also liked Playstation Home, I always go on there and I have fun exploring the spaces and stuff but not anymore since I'm going to have to pay money (which I don't have)...argh, it sucks. If Sony didn't charge for online play, everything would have been fine by me.

They're charging for online play on PS4, but you'll still have access to the store. I'm pretty sure online play on PS3 will remain free.

Nice to see another fan of LBP and Journey! :) I love both, especially LBP2, although I haven't played it in a long time.

Locke said:
They're charging for online play on PS4, but you'll still have access to the store. I'm pretty sure online play on PS3 will remain free.

I think I'd actually prefer it if they charged you, but I suppose they both have the pro's an cons.

For example you'd get a better game since people would be less inclined to go online to fresia about and better service from the revenue they're pulling in from it, on the flip side they'd be more hardcore gamers and it costs money, of course!

Charging for online play is necessary, as it will allow Sony to expand their server tech, which means users will (in theory) receive a better online experience.

The online charge is actually PS+, right? Its been a good value on PS3, much better than Live. And since they'll give more then online with it, I don't mind it.

It would be nice if they used the extra cash flow to improve network stability, though.

Locke said:
It would be nice if they used the extra cash flow to improve network stability, though.

Yeah this is what I was getting at. They have to use the extra revenue to create a better service, if they did this then reputation would provoke more supporters and sales.

9006 said:
Locke said:

Yeah this is what I was getting at. They have to use the extra revenue to create a better service, if they did this then reputation would provoke more supporters and sales.

I know, I should have quoted you but I was half asleep. Sorry.

I got disconnected 4 times in the span of an hour last night. And the download speeds are unbearable! So you and xaero are right, the tech is more advanced, and with the new streaming capabilities they have to improve things.

Locke said:
I got disconnected 4 times in the span of an hour last night. And the download speeds are unbearable! So you and xaero are right, the tech is more advanced, and with the new streaming capabilities they have to improve things.

You're not the first to mention this so at least it's not just you. I've watched my cousin playing some stupid rugby game online an it seems a bit jerky to me, an when one of the players has to make a goal kick (or whatever it is) the ******* ball leaves the floor before the players made any contact with it, haha.

xbox-one.jpg

I'm the only person to vote for Xbox (no)

After all that has been said and done, I'll stick with the xbox for now. Though I will NOT be getting it at launch. There is no reason for me too. The games I am most looking forward to are coming out on 360 as well.

They're pretty much even again, as it stands now. Microsoft stopped being completely stupid about some things. And I'm pretty sure they'll both have things that we're not being told about.

I'll probably end up purchasing both, but I'll still buy the majority of my games on PC.

The Xbox is looking a lot better, but I'm not going to get either one at launch.

Locke said:
The Xbox is looking a lot better, but I'm not going to get either one at launch.

Me either, there's always something wrong with them when new. Look at the old Xbox's with the rrod problems.

9006 said:
Locke said:

Me either, there's always something wrong with them when new. Look at the old Xbox's with the rrod problems.

Yeah, I was a rrod victim, and the only good thing about the launch PS3's was the backwards compatibility. Consoles are also way too expensive at launch.

Locke said:

Curious, why "a lot" better, in terms of gaming?

So far all the next gen games previewed look decidedly uninspired and lacking in originality, which makes it easy to put that decision for a couple of years.

The next gen arrives Sept 17th. And you don't need a new console :)

rdor said:
Locke said:

Curious, why "a lot" better, in terms of gaming?

So far all the next gen games previewed look decidedly uninspired and lacking in originality, which makes it easy to put that decision for a couple of years.

I actually meant that it was looking better because Microsoft has relaxed their ridiculous DRM plans. But since the reveal for the new console barely showed any new game footage, it actually does look a lot better now in terms of gaming than it did a few months ago.

Some of the games look unoriginal, but I'm sure some good games will be released in time.

Locke said:
Yeah, I was a rrod victim, and the only good thing about the launch PS3's was the backwards compatibility. Consoles are also way too expensive at launch.

Me too, I had to fix it by removing the X-clamps. Since I modded it I couldn't swap it for a new one when they introduced that, but I've always thought the air cooling system was badly designed; it's far too compact and too much heat emitting hardware for through-air cooling like it has. I actually put another fan in it to bring in cooler air from the bottom initially but it was mega loud so I took it back out, and then shortly afterwards I got the RRoD: coincidence?

Latest posts

Back