Pushing 40, and feeling lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m pushing 40, and I feel very lonely. What should I do?
I can be in a crowed room and still feel lonely. I can entertain, gab and tell witty stories. But it is not the people I want to share time with. I do it to pass the time of day. Mostly at work. I am in early 60s and this has been my problem forever. Out of the work environment If I say "hi" people run. I don't get it. So only advice is remain hopeful, exercise, Vitamans (mega men GNC seems to work) help me with seeing the world clearer and reducing depression. Sometimes it is good to be lonely, and depressed. Life way of directing you. Get involved in what your interest are. I go a job where I work with the public. I loved it. I met so many people.

I’m pushing 40, and I feel very lonely. What should I do?
I'm sorry you're feeling lonely. What I did was make a wish list of things I would do if there were no restrictions.

Also you can consider contacting old buddies, relatives if you haven't already. Maybe some are in a similar boat.

Lastly, if you have the time, maybe volunteer in your community? Might help you meet like-minded ppl as well as distract from the loneliness.

Latest posts

Back