Question for the women: If you came across a good looking loner, would you date him?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Reaction score
Let's say you meet someone who is good looking, or at least good looking in your eyes. He is kind, compassionate, intelligent, has a good job, has his own house, and is a musician.

Now you realize he has social anxiety, and tends to keep to himself most of the time. Would that turn you off?

And next, you find out he's a virgin, who has never had a girlfriend...would that also turn you off?

He sounds like a catch ;)

But on a more serious note, the only things that would turn me off personally are poor character, unkindness that sort of stuff. I'd say even looks are secondary to personality.

So no, leaningintothemuse, I would not be turned off at all and quite the contrary would be interested to get to know him! I think a lot of girls would agree with me too! :)

I wouldn't. Sounds like I went through that scenario myself! Lol. It's so exact, actually. And I'm happy with him. No regrets.

I believe that anyone can improve in their state and if it's just that one thing that he has issues with, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. No one's perfect in the sense of good character and personality, there's always something positive and negative in someone and you can't have everything you want at one time. Those are the basic rules of life, so I've learnt.

are you kidding? where is this guy? ;)

Once I actually was seriously turned off by a good looking virgin, let me explain: I was friends with this guy, really really cute although probably very shy, also we didn't have that much in common I have to say, and he came visit in my new town for holidays, and ended up making a pass at me and also saying that he was still a virgin (age 30) and that he had been waiting for the right person and that now he felt ready to do it.
Well, I can say he could have conveyed the news a bit more gradually, because, I know it wasn't very mature, but I got scared stiff, especially as I didn't believe in that kind of newborn Christian attitude (now I respect it much more) and because it put so much pressure when I hadn't even thought of him as anything different from a friend before. Which is too bad, because I might have liked him, he was really adorable and I wish him the best.

So, good looking virgin guys, first check if the other person is generally interested in you before putting your virginity in their hands (so to speak).

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Now you realize he has social anxiety, and tends to keep to himself most of the time. Would that turn you off?

And next, you find out he's a virgin, who has never had a girlfriend...would that also turn you off?

Neither of these are a turn off for me. I have social anxiety and keep to myself. I would only be intimidated or turned off by anther's experience if it is promiscuous behavior.

I'm curious how I met this loner. I keep to myself quite a bit, as it is. It seems unlikely for a hermit like me to meet another such person, or for me to know all of those things about him.

As for virginity, that can be kind of hot... but then, I'd get all, "No, I'm corrupting him!!" So I'd go, despite being turned on, instead of off.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Let's say you meet someone who is good looking, or at least good looking in your eyes. He is kind, compassionate, intelligent, has a good job, has his own house, and is a musician.

lets rephrase the question. because the info given is too much of a cheat.

"Let's say you meet someone who is good looking, or at least good looking in your eyes. Now you realize he has social anxiety, and tends to keep to himself most of the time. Would that turn you off?"

probably not, but they will be very very cautious trying to find out if this 'someone' is kind, compassionate, intelligent, has a good job, has his own house, and is a musician. THEN they will go on to see if interest/behavior/habits match.

We all want someone who IS kind, and IS compassionate etc.. but the problem is obtaining that knowledge. because there always a chance that the person is not really themselves and he really ISN'T kind or compassionate but only behaving so until it is really put to the test.

so, who doesnt want? and, who REALLY is?

No it would not bother me in the slightest. I actually like guys who keep to themselves rather than be macho.

Virgin? Nope it wouldn't bother me either. If their a great person inside and out, than it doesn't matter to me if their a virgin or never had a girlfriend.

It matters what comes from their heart more. :)

Veruca said:
He sounds like a catch ;)

But on a more serious note, the only things that would turn me off personally are poor character, unkindness that sort of stuff. I'd say even looks are secondary to personality.

So no, leaningintothemuse, I would not be turned off at all and quite the contrary would be interested to get to know him! I think a lot of girls would agree with me too! :)

You say that, only statistically, it doesn't happen that way. I'm sure you personally have passed up at least 2 shy guys.

215px-Shyguy_MP9.png

Being shy sucks...

Actually... all those things are ideal to me. Although being a virgin doesn't matter.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

No, it wouldn't. I, personally, have no problem with something like that.

And no, that wouldn't bother me either.

Latest posts

Back