Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay men, this is a question from my mum! Yeps straight from the mother of all dramas…

So my mum wants to know, if you found out you was dying at the doctors, would you tell your wife?
I told my (ex)wife, about my incurable (physical)health conditions, when we started dating. But eight years later(three years into the marriage). It was obvious our marriage vows meant nothing to her. When I had a major medical incident. One that could have killed me, and I have had the physical problem all my life.

Okay men, this is a question from my mum! Yeps straight from the mother of all dramas…

So my mum wants to know, if you found out you was dying at the doctors, would you tell your wife?

Ideally, I just wouldn't want to know.
Like I wouldn't want the doctor to tell me.
I think that in terms of responsibilities for family members and children however, I would tell her.

Interesting, thanks for the responses guys... its a tough situation, my mum is upset about it... but I tell my mum she cant want everything. She wanted a traditional marriage, as do I, and with the traditional stance, men are not going to burden us with their problems. My dad was never that way. If he was sick or suffering, he'd tell no one, his choice. If I ever noticed anything, I'd buy him things to help with his health and pain and he would be visibly upset, I will never forget one Christmas he said "is this how you see me?". He died being seen and respected how he wanted. Isn't that the most important thing? My mum makes everything about her... I feel like she was expecting too much on this one.

I guess I'm different. I'm a, all the cards on the table kind of guy. I would tell her almost instantly. IMO, I would totally trust my wife and she would know everything about me. So, it would only be fair for her to know. Then we could start making the neccesary plans together. Maybe I put too much trust and faith in another person. I think that kind of freaks them out. They are not used to that since most people don't trust each other and are also not trust worthy themselves. Ha! ha!

I guess I'm different. I'm a, all the cards on the table kind of guy. I would tell her almost instantly. IMO, I would totally trust my wife and she would know everything about me. So, it would only be fair for her to know. Then we could start making the neccesary plans together. Maybe I put too much trust and faith in another person. I think that kind of freaks them out. They are not used to that since most people don't trust each other and are also not trust worthy themselves. Ha! ha!
Hmm Idk on this one Finished... I think trust is different , if my hypothetical husband didn't tell me something personal like hey im dying, I wouldn't think oh he didn't trust me, also, if he felt the need to tell me everything, I wouldn't think wow, he must really trust me.

I think... and most women will hate me, but I think its not trust that freaks them out, it's understanding that you want help that freaks them out. The min a man like my father would ask a "woman" for help, he'd be done for. He was that serious about a womans place, not saying I agree or disagree but thats just the context.

Only once I had - I like you but I'm sick - conversation.
I don't have plans to repeat that anytime soon.
Most embaressing and humiliating experience of my life.

Only once I had - I like you but I'm sick - conversation.
I don't have plans to repeat that anytime soon.
Most embaressing and humiliating experience of my life.
Sorry!! Can I ask why it was humiliating? Was she supportive ?

Guys… answer this if you’re a real man only… Shakira Vs Katy Perry who wins… looks alone. 😅

Yeah can't say I'm into either one. Not into their music either.

Come to think of it, that's actually kind of important to me. If I was going to date a musician/artist, I'd actually want to be into her stuff, I'd want to think her work was genuinely cool.

If it didn't do it for me, idk - I don't see myself mustering much curiosity or enthusiasm about the person in the first place. Looks alone might get your foot in the door, but really do only get you so far after that. There's only so much you can do with looks, and that doesn't last forever. The mind though, goes on and on.

I don't actively dislike them but neither their looks nor their work are my type.

Not into the whole two or more women thing either. It's overstimulation, too much going on. I'd rather focus all of my attention on one person.

Alas, I have but one johnson!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back