Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys… answer this if you’re a real man only… Shakira Vs Katy Perry who wins… looks alone. 😅
Katy because I recall the time she was set up to look mousey and that's my type. Nothing against Shakira but I'm a sucker for nerdy. I know it's a superficial thing but that tends to be what first impressions are.

Hmm Idk on this one Finished... I think trust is different , if my hypothetical husband didn't tell me something personal like hey im dying, I wouldn't think oh he didn't trust me, also, if he felt the need to tell me everything, I wouldn't think wow, he must really trust me.

I think... and most women will hate me, but I think its not trust that freaks them out, it's understanding that you want help that freaks them out. The min a man like my father would ask a "woman" for help, he'd be done for. He was that serious about a womans place, not saying I agree or disagree but thats just the context.
Yeah, I get what you are saying. I know that I've freaked out others by sharing everything with them. Unfortunately I like to know everything about the person I'm with and want to share everything about me with them. For me it's not about asking for help.

It's giving each other to opportunity to make decisions based on complete information. Also it takes away doubt that the other person is going to do something they shouldn't. Also IF the other person wants to help in their own way it allows them the opportunity to do so after knowing what the problem is. IMO, many people really like to feel needed. So, by allowing them to help they will feel good about themselves instead of wondering why you are acting weird. They might even think you are cheating on them since you are hiding something from them.

Yeah, I get what you are saying. I know that I've freaked out others by sharing everything with them. Unfortunately I like to know everything about the person I'm with and want to share everything about me with them. For me it's not about asking for help.

It's giving each other to opportunity to make decisions based on complete information. Also it takes away doubt that the other person is going to do something they shouldn't. Also IF the other person wants to help in their own way it allows them the opportunity to do so after knowing what the problem is. IMO, many people really like to feel needed. So, by allowing them to help they will feel good about themselves instead of wondering why you are acting weird. They might even think you are cheating on them since you are hiding something from them.
Finished, I will be candid here… my opinion is this… its like men have been led to believe the majority of women will stick by them and handle problems with them. Its a fairytale… magic unicorn if you ask me but… thats just my opinion… im 99% sure most of you men can’t say you opened up and didnt get hurt… they’ll blame something else but as a woman I know the truth is they just needed security. I always say to my brother if you was recurting a security gaurd, would you recruit one thats 5’2 and sick? Or 6’7 and best shape of his life? Its just simple everyone over complicates it trying to look like angels. If I say this im a troll, if I say omg I’d love for my fella to come home and tell me he has cancer so I can nurse him back to health and support him through the whole thing … i’d be…a what? Not honest thats for sure. And with offers from much healthy stronger men on the table, a lot of love and ultimately money has to be there to keep me there. Is it worth telling a woman like me? Debatable…

Shakira hands down. Actually don't pay attention to where my hands are. Ha! ha!
You are a man of taste Finished!

The ever so charming Ardour made me think of a question! Come on lads we are marching towards equality! Its a bit spicy so brave men only no… you know… shy lads allowed lol but do men need to “sow their oats” before they commit? Is this a real thing? Do men need to “get it out their system” so they can be committed? I think this old wives tale causes the misconception that a man with little experience will break ya heart, you know? Any thoughts?

The ever so charming Ardour made me think of a question! Come on lads we are marching towards equality! Its a bit spicy so brave men only no… you know… shy lads allowed lol but do men need to “sow their oats” before they commit? Is this a real thing? Do men need to “get it out their system” so they can be committed? I think this old wives tale causes the misconception that a man with little experience will break ya heart, you know? Any thoughts?

I mean, on the one hand I see how some people might want to "try" different people and see who they match best with. If you only ever experience being with one person, then that's all you know and maybe you wonder if there might be a better fit for you out there.

Or people might want to "try out" different body types/personalities/types of people, like you'd try out different cars almost. Not saying that is how I think, in that kind of objectifying way. But I do think that a lot of people do think like that.

Idk, I've never been into it though. I never felt like I had the high cards to play in the hookup scene, never had that personality of superiority and bullshit artist skills. And it seems stressful and more trouble/risk than it's worth - again STDs are a concern. It also seems fake/insincere/shallow and superficial, and I lean a lot towards the sincere/real side, I always have.

I just want to connect with someone I find interesting and like spending time with and talking to, and makes me feel good to be around them. I just want to be on my way to building some kind of a life.

It's good to sample the rest so when you find the best you'll know when to stop. Plus the guy won't be wondering if there is something better out there that he needs to try.

I mean, on the one hand I see how some people might want to "try" different people and see who they match best with. If you only ever experience being with one person, then that's all you know and maybe you wonder if there might be a better fit for you out there.

Or people might want to "try out" different body types/personalities/types of people, like you'd try out different cars almost. Not saying that is how I think, in that kind of objectifying way. But I do think that a lot of people do think like that.

Idk, I've never been into it though. I never felt like I had the high cards to play in the hookup scene, never had that personality of superiority and bullshit artist skills. And it seems stressful and more trouble/risk than it's worth - again STDs are a concern. It also seems fake/insincere/shallow and superficial, and I lean a lot towards the sincere/real side, I always have.

I just want to connect with someone I find interesting and like spending time with and talking to, and makes me feel good to be around them. I just want to be on my way to building some kind of a life.
You make the most sense Mr SkaFish, I feel like maybe that exploring stage is more for people who dont know what they want? Idk, my dad always said I had to be with an older man because young men are busy… playing the field lol

Idk, sometimes I think maybe thats why its so hard to trust on both sides, women seem to wanna stray away after they secured a relationship and men tend to wanna dance around relationships until they are about 30 ish.

It's good to sample the rest so when you find the best you'll know when to stop. Plus the guy won't be wondering if there is something better out there that he needs to try.
Makes sense my Finished darling! 😇

Latest posts

Back