Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of man wouldn't appreciate a woman cooking a meal for him? I've literally never heard of such a thing. Especially after work - they should be on bended-knee thanking us... lol I'm kidding. But, I've never met a man unappreciative regarding a home-cooked meal. 9pm, 10pm or midnight.

Truth be told, men love to be taken care of in this regard. It builds on the gratitude.
What kind of man wouldn't appreciate a woman cooking a meal for him? I've literally never heard of such a thing. Especially after work - they should be on bended-knee thanking us... lol I'm kidding. But, I've never met a man unappreciative regarding a home-cooked meal. 9pm, 10pm or midnight.

Truth be told, men love to be taken care of in this regard. It builds on the gratitude.
Obviously the type I’ve been Perhaps that’s why I’m single now. But sometimes things happen and despite best laid plans and good intentions on anyone’s behalf honeysuckle can go sideways when people’s expectations aren’t met and no one should have to fake anything to appease another person. Then again I’m single so I clearly don’t know what the fresia I’m talking about

Sorry, I have to chime in because I’ve been in this situation and the lesson learned from it was...call him before you plan anything and try to get an idea how his day is going because if you want both of you to enjoy it it’s better to take that little extra step. Yeah something could happen between the time you talk to him and when he gets home but I learned years ago that the simple things really matter.
I'm with you on this it's all about communication, two things will deffo destroy any relationship: unrealistic expectations and poor communication.

Well, I don't eat past 5pm period ever. It's been my policy for about 20 years or so. A long time ago I went ahead and ate out with a girl so as not to seem weird. But, my body did NOT like getting all that food especially at around 9pm. So, that was the last time I did that. :)

Okay okay men.... so you think you're done with me? Never!

It's late, around 9pm... you are tired from work and your return home to see that your girlfriend has set up a super romantic night, candles, food, mood lighting... do you...

a) Brave it, she went to soo much effort, try and enjoy the night and act like you aren't even a little bit tired
b) Explain work was very hard, you need to get some rest.
c) Pretend to sleep like a toxic nutter.
d) Other? Do tell?
e) Ask her who she invited over for dinner since she knows I don't eat past 5pm. :)

Well, I don't eat past 5pm period ever. It's been my policy for about 20 years or so. A long time ago I went ahead and ate out with a girl so as not to seem weird. But, my body did NOT like getting all that food especially at around 9pm. So, that was the last time I did that. :)
Turned into a scene from Dumb & Dumber :ROFLMAO:

I love my A.M. Q&A. 😍

A & B together.
I usually don't each lunches at work, despite my long shifts.
Unless I'm like legitimately hurting and physically fatigued from doing physical labor on no food.
So I'd actually be appreciative of the effort, even though I'm really not used to that anymore and it'd probably be a little awkward a first because I'm not used to it anymore. But nevertheless, I'd be quite grateful.
I think casual such dates are actually kind of important with long term relationships, and that people don't really do them enough, or if they do than they eventually fall out of them having merit due to it becoming routine. Like don't cook for me every night, but once in a while and yeah, it'll keep up my appreciation for it. Food is mostly just food to me, but a proper intimate conversation with your s/o is kind of important, and there's probably no other time a man really needs that than when he's had his ass absolutely kicked at work.
Physical fatigue is physical fatigue, no matter which way you cut it, but during physical fatigue, having some kind of an emotional connection if only just to know that somebody else cares is kind of important.
I like that, brave the meal but also reassure her that if you are less than excited it's due to work and not her amazing cooking lool Honestly I like to surprise people I care about. I think its important.

A) for less than 1 year in the relationship
B) for 1-2 years
C) for 2-3 years
D) for more than 3 years ... your food sucks
Loool I was like omggg never looked at it like this!?!?!

Sorry, I have to chime in because I’ve been in this situation and the lesson learned from it was...call him before you plan anything and try to get an idea how his day is going because if you want both of you to enjoy it it’s better to take that little extra step. Yeah something could happen between the time you talk to him and when he gets home but I learned years ago that the simple things really matter.
Chime awayyy lol typically I love a surprise but yeps its easy for them to go wrong lol

I guess a), Brave it. Food always brings me back to life, from a zombie state.

I'm sure I'll perk up after I feast like a beast! You might have to look the other way at some bad table manners, though.
Looool Skafishyyyy you could never date my mum, table manners must be followed strictly in her presence lol

It makes them feel appreciated also, and that you care.

Men do like to be nourished. Not everything is about looks/sex. When it comes down to the nitty gritty of it all, they want to be loved/admired and cared for just the same.
Yeah, cooking is deffo my love language, I studied cooking in school and like go to a cooking class once a month. I think if things were just looks and sex life would be pretty sad, the element of surprise, the thought, the care, thats whats important to me anyway lolz

e) Ask her who she invited over for dinner since she knows I don't eat past 5pm. :)
Loool just small nibbles Finished, but yeah I am the same, I dont eat after 7pm unless my boyfriend tells me to lmao I do as im told mateyyy.

Turned into a scene from Dumb & Dumber :ROFLMAO:
We all know you'd pick option A.... but yeah lmao I wasn't expecting thatttt lmaooo

I like that, brave the meal but also reassure her that if you are less than excited it's due to work and not her amazing cooking lool Honestly I like to surprise people I care about. I think its important.

Loool I was like omggg never looked at it like this!?!?!

Chime awayyy lol typically I love a surprise but yeps its easy for them to go wrong lol

Looool Skafishyyyy you could never date my mum, table manners must be followed strictly in her presence lol

Yeah, cooking is deffo my love language, I studied cooking in school and like go to a cooking class once a month. I think if things were just looks and sex life would be pretty sad, the element of surprise, the thought, the care, thats whats important to me anyway lolz

Loool just small nibbles Finished, but yeah I am the same, I dont eat after 7pm unless my boyfriend tells me to lmao I do as im told mateyyy.

We all know you'd pick option A.... but yeah lmao I wasn't expecting thatttt lmaooo
Totally random here but you could probably write thank you notes for people. You know like after baby showers and honeysuckle. I hated writing thank you notes because it was exhausting and always took forever. I actually did favors for my my sister to write thank you notes for me. I know that makes me sound like an unappreciative twat but I just hated to do it. Anyway I was going through my mail and got a thank you note for a wedding shower and I’d be willing to bet the girl I sent a gift to didn’t write that thank you note. They can pick out the stationary or whatever it’s called now, give you the registry and gifts given by everyone, addresses and boom thank you notes taken care of. I mean how many men like writing thank you notes? I’ve yet to meet one.

Okay okay men.... so you think you're done with me? Never!

It's late, around 9pm... you are tired from work and your return home to see that your girlfriend has set up a super romantic night, candles, food, mood lighting... do you...

a) Brave it, she went to soo much effort, try and enjoy the night and act like you aren't even a little bit tired
b) Explain work was very hard, you need to get some rest.
c) Pretend to sleep like a toxic nutter.
d) Other? Do tell?

d) Dim the lights, put on music then collapse onto a chez lounge in exhaustion asking to be personally fed with whatever's been cooked using an assortment of fine cutlery. (y)

d) Dim the lights, put on music then collapse onto a chez lounge in exhaustion asking to be personally fed with whatever's been cooked using an assortment of fine cutlery. (y)
Loool oh hell nooo lmao I am not cooking and feeding lmaooo You'd be dating a saint loool

Okay okay Me fine blokes! Another question from the girl who just cant stop asking them...

It's a Thursday, around 7 ish you just got back from work, and the weather is alright, but you know, it's getting a little dark.
Your brand new girlfriend comes over unannounced and expects to be let in... do you...

A) Let her in, it's always nice to see her.
B) Let her in, but question her, I mean.. what is she really doing here?
C) Tell her you actually have plans tonight, but you will drop her home
D) Other? Hmm... do tell...

Okay okay Me fine blokes! Another question from the girl who just cant stop asking them...

It's a Thursday, around 7 ish you just got back from work, and the weather is alright, but you know, it's getting a little dark.
Your brand new girlfriend comes over unannounced and expects to be let in... do you...

D) - Open the door and welcome her with a warm smile. Let her know it is surprise but a most welcome one all the same for her to turn up like that. Then give her a list of chores to do around the house, explaining to her that you're going down the pub for a week. 😁

Definitely A!!!!
and....
D) Tell her I was just thinking about her. Then I would tell her the sexy story I was thinking of as I played it out, which would lead to the bedroom for a fantastic time. Unfortunately she would say, you told me if I was going to break up with you, to atleast do it in person. So, her I am. honeysuckle! I can't even get a happy ending from a fantasy. Ha! ha!

I'd have to talk to her about it, but she can stay the night, that's fine.
I have a general rule of thumb that I don't like unannounced guests.
It drives my anxiety up the wall.
But that's in part because my family actually recently had to legally have my ex removed from the property for trespassing for repeatedly showing up unannounced, 3 years after we broke up.
So I'm fine with it, but just, try not to make a habit out of it.

A.

Combination of "a" and "b".
Lool rule number one, never question your brand new girlfriend I joke I joke, nice to know you men would let her in, is that a gender thing? If a man comes to my place unannounced, he'll be met with the "Oh, sorry, you should have called, I have a headache" line.

"D": I'd be prepared, Amazon always lets me know when my brand new girlfriend will arrive, I can even track my driver to see how far away she is.
Lol men are never prepared, don't forget to order the pump my friend lmao

D) - Open the door and welcome her with a warm smile. Let her know it is surprise but a most welcome one all the same for her to turn up like that. Then give her a list of chores to do around the house, explaining to her that you're going down the pub for a week. 😁
Spicy... but a real man... I like that!

Definitely A!!!!
and....
D) Tell her I was just thinking about her. Then I would tell her the sexy story I was thinking of as I played it out, which would lead to the bedroom for a fantastic time. Unfortunately she would say, you told me if I was going to break up with you, to atleast do it in person. So, her I am. honeysuckle! I can't even get a happy ending from a fantasy. Ha! ha!
Plot twist, break ups mean foreplay to the twisted woman lmao (I wonder where I could have possibly got that idea from....) lol

I'd have to talk to her about it, but she can stay the night, that's fine.
I have a general rule of thumb that I don't like unannounced guests.
It drives my anxiety up the wall.
But that's in part because my family actually recently had to legally have my ex removed from the property for trespassing for repeatedly showing up unannounced, 3 years after we broke up.
So I'm fine with it, but just, try not to make a habit out of it.

Awh see thats why its sooo important to know your partners triggers, in 50 ways to keep your spark with your new lover, showing up unannounced is suggested sooo many times, "all men like it" but it's just not true at all.

OMG, I wasn't expecting that from youuuu how cuteee, guess you have a romantic side after all!

OMG, I wasn't expecting that from youuuu how cuteee, guess you have a romantic side after all!
Well, we ARE talking about if itwas my girlfriend, ergo I'd be happy to see her. Not just some random passerby lol.
Don't tell anyone though 😉

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back