Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, she's been with you for 8 months, supposedly loves you, but she won't kiss you and refuses to take down pics of her ex.....yeah, no. Sorry, but this is the type of person who is not ready to be in a relationship. She needs to figure things out before she brings in another person or she'll just continue to chase people away.

So, she's been with you for 8 months, supposedly loves you, but she won't kiss you and refuses to take down pics of her ex.....yeah, no. Sorry, but this is the type of person who is not ready to be in a relationship. She needs to figure things out before she brings in another person or she'll just continue to chase people away.
But what if she wants a man to come in and say hey! Kiss me! And you know shes into the power play and the pics of her ex are just because she feels more sexy knowing her fella is a little jealous

But what if she wants a man to come in and say hey! Kiss me! And you know shes into the power play and the pics of her ex are just because she feels more sexy knowing her fella is a little jealous
If the man hasn't tried to kiss her in 8 months, then the man has issues too....
As for the ex, sorry, but no. That's just a low blow. Men typically get jealous enough on their own, especially if the woman gets a lot of attention from random guys. The woman doesn't need to add to that. And jealousy isn't a good thing. The woman, IMO, is just trying to cause problems. If she's doing these things on purpose, she doesn't really love the guy, IMO.

Then it would be better to call a psychiatrist.
But would you stick by her with therapy while she unlearns her problematic behaviour ?

If the man hasn't tried to kiss her in 8 months, then the man has issues too....
As for the ex, sorry, but no. That's just a low blow. Men typically get jealous enough on their own, especially if the woman gets a lot of attention from random guys. The woman doesn't need to add to that. And jealousy isn't a good thing. The woman, IMO, is just trying to cause problems. If she's doing these things on purpose, she doesn't really love the guy, IMO.
You know Callie my bro is like the most non toxic guy ever, he's so innocent he cant be lol and he keeps pictures of him and his ex because he feels like they are memories and although they didnt work out he doesn't want to pretend she never happened. Do you think that even if someone looked at life that way, keeping the photos is wrong? :)

But would you stick by her with therapy while she unlearns her problematic behaviour ?

You know Callie my bro is like the most non toxic guy ever, he's so innocent he cant be lol and he keeps pictures of him and his ex because he feels like they are memories and although they didnt work out he doesn't want to pretend she never happened. Do you think that even if someone looked at life that way, keeping the photos is wrong? :)
It's not about having NO pictures of your past. But when they are still prominent on your social media or phone, that makes it different. I still have pictures of exes. I have pics of my ex with our kids, I still have pics from our wedding. Not because I still love him like that, but because he was a huge part of my past and my kids may want those things at some point in their life. I don't announce them, I don't bring them out to stare at them, they are sitting in a box with pics of me from my childhood, etc. I don't FLAUNT them or use them to make anyone jealous.

Yeah, I've found this to be the case more often then not 🤷‍♂️

Is the fear of kissing you the red flag or the pictures or all of the above?
I wouldn't at all be worried about a fear of kissing - I think that's kind of cute if it's shyness or nervousness. It's them all the pictures of kissing others.

Last edited:
Okay men… i’ve been nice to you, I've given you a break, I’ve done everything you’ve asked of me, now its my turn to put my hand out, my turn to dial up the heat! My turn to ask a question….

Please this is not for the faint hearted dont say I didnt warn you…

You have a girlfriend, its going well but there is one issue, you notice that she never wants to kiss you, ever…. Shes not affectionate at all its not cold but she plays it off as being shy but on her facebook sits a few hundred pictures of her kissing her ex that she plans to delete as soon as possible… Would this be a deal breaker? Would you wonder… why me? Would this keep you up at night?

Yes I'd break up with her immediately.
Replace kissing with ANY other activity as well.
If I thought she was OK giving someone else something (in the past or otherwise) that she was not OK with giving me, then it's "hit the road, Jill". I would want to be the one who "gets it all", and knowing I was not would be an immediate deal breaker.

Of course this is purely based on merely how I think and my philosophy of male/female relations.
Never had a "real/free" S.O and almost certainly never will.

So you would have no issues with your girlfriend of 8 MONTHS not kissing you?
I'm not a big kisser. So just the kissing part on it's own is not a deal breaker.
So no, I would not, as long as I was certain she never kissed anyone else, either.

Okay men… i’ve been nice to you, I've given you a break, I’ve done everything you’ve asked of me, now its my turn to put my hand out, my turn to dial up the heat! My turn to ask a question….

Please this is not for the faint hearted dont say I didnt warn you…

You have a girlfriend, its going well but there is one issue, you notice that she never wants to kiss you, ever…. Shes not affectionate at all its not cold but she plays it off as being shy but on her facebook sits a few hundred pictures of her kissing her ex that she plans to delete as soon as possible… Would this be a deal breaker? Would you wonder… why me? Would this keep you up at night?

I can't fathom how I'd even end up in that situation.
Because the only reason I even knew the last girl that I tried to date was into me was because she out of nowhere kissed me. 😅
I mean I do know, I just don't typically trust my instinct on social ques like that, in part because I'm prone to hallucinations and it's honestly a practice in safety as a coping mechanism to just second guess myself at pretty much all times.
So usually what happens is, I can't always discern if what I thought happened actually happened, or if what I thought happened is just in my head and my mind is playing tricks on me again.

I can't fathom how I'd even end up in that situation.
Because the only reason I even knew the last girl that I tried to date was into me was because she out of nowhere kissed me. 😅
I mean I do know, I just don't typically trust my instinct on social ques like that, in part because I'm prone to hallucinations and it's honestly a practice in safety as a coping mechanism to just second guess myself at pretty much all times.
So usually what happens is, I can't always discern if what I thought happened actually happened, or if what I thought happened is just in my head and my mind is playing tricks on me again.
so am I ! It’s so important to have a honest partner because they can literally gaslight you into oblivion. My ex swore he quit smoking and didnt smoke the whole time he was with me, but I kept smelling smoke everywhere! It was driving me crazy, i’d wake up in the night screaming and crying that the house is on fire and nothing… my partner said its not real, I said to him I was so worried I am going to tell my doctor im now smelling things that arent there since only I can smell the smoke, they upped my dosage and I told him. I went down stairs once to help with unloading the car (something I never do) and to my horror I saw him smoking, my heart stopped my heart literally stopped I have never felt more betrayed. I had to tell my doctor the smoke was real, it was humiliating.

so am I ! It’s so important to have a honest partner because they can literally gaslight you into oblivion. My ex swore he quit smoking and didnt smoke the whole time he was with me, but I kept smelling smoke everywhere! It was driving me crazy, i’d wake up in the night screaming and crying that the house is on fire and nothing… my partner said its not real, I said to him I was so worried I am going to tell my doctor im now smelling things that arent there since only I can smell the smoke, they upped my dosage and I told him. I went down stairs once to help with unloading the car (something I never do) and to my horror I saw him smoking, my heart stopped my heart literally stopped I have never felt more betrayed. I had to tell my doctor the smoke was real, it was humiliating.

I had a dinner date once with a woman that doesn't exist.
I ordered for two, and it took me about thirty minutes before I came to reality.
This was around midnight, and a handful of years before I ever started drinking or smoking or doing acid.
Scariest date I've ever been on, even now. I don't even remember actually going there. I was just there when I came to. This is part of why I have to remind myself that I have these kinds of experiences.
Because if I forget that I have them than that increases the likelihood of me falling prey to them.
It took me most of my life to get used to regulating recognition of that in my daily morning routines.
In part I think because it's actually quite easy to forget when you're stressed out other things.
I got into the habit of writing notes to myself for organizational purposes, so I began adding that to my notes so that I don't forget. Of course though, that requires me to remember before I forget, which is why I need a lifestyle mostly under my own control: To accommodate for the variable factor.
Again, it's part of why I don't really date anymore. Because I can end up in places that I don't realize how I got there. Or end up buying stuff I didn't realize I bought, moving things around I don't remember moving around. It's like sleepwalking, only I'm not really asleep, but I'm not really awake, either. It's a difficult experience to try to describe with words. I was on antipsychotics for a while, in a time before I learned how to manage it better. I'm fortunate that my childhood best friend is a licensed psychologist, I see his assistant. I've had instances where I've had to take a few moments at work, or go on break. It can really fresia your life up if you're not careful with it.

So you would have no issues with your girlfriend of 8 MONTHS not kissing you?
It would depend on why rather than that they didn't kiss. I'm not saying I would love it but would want to understand what's going on.

Okay men... riddle me this... I wanna know truth only, dont just say what the princess wants to hearrr

If a girl asked for your friends number but he wasn't interested and she turned to you after and asked for yours, (she's deffo your type), would you turn her down for the principal or appreciate her boldness and give it a go?

Latest posts

Back