Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dream is a fleet of classic cars (one of my dreams at least). Or at least one top-trim classic Mustang, before I give up the ghost. Or before gas goes away/is outlawed.

Well, if it works it works. I don't blame the guy for feeling a little awkward though. I'd feel a little out of place myself. Although if he really wants to make it work with this girl, he's going to have to at least be able to do these everyday type things though, like go to breakfast and stuff.

What I'm confused about though, is what they'd have to talk about, what they connect over, what would bring them closer together. How they'd relate to each other. I can't imagine having much in common with someone so far outside my world, beyond simply lust. I think I'd have a hard time not just with common interests, but with the way they think, feel, the way they see things, the way they approach life. I don't know.
Ooooh a fleet of classic cars, thats cool. Do you ever like cars from famous movies?

Yeah I think they are both thrill seekers, they go to theme parks for weekends and go on ride after ride lol Like thats soo not me, and they go to cinemas and watch films back to back its hilarious really, we all make fun of them a little as we find them a little cheesy.

Men in their youth think it's funny to get kicked in their but sack. They don't understand why. It's just like men needing to spit in the urine when they pee. Boys / men do stupid things and don't really know why. However, it's just God's way of training them for their marriage as their future wives will be kicking them, metaphorically, in the balls for the rest of their lives. Ha! ha!

BTW, I really liked my friend's older sister when I was in the 8th grade. I wanted to kiss her but she totally blew me off. I was, "too young for her". So, three of us held her down and I kissed her. It was great too! It wasn't violent. All of us were laughing including his sister. However, when she got back up she kicked my in the balls not thinking it was that big of a deal. Besides hurting a lot, I immediately got sick to my stomach, went outside, and threw up. It took me a long time to get home pushing my bicycle really slow because I was unable to sit on it.
Idk what it is, but I'd feel so powerful doing that lol My friend punched her ex in the balls sooooo hard when he was sleeping, because he got texts from some other woman... and she ran out the room and he was like limping around.

Idk what it is, but I'd feel so powerful doing that lol My friend punched her ex in the balls sooooo hard when he was sleeping, because he got texts from some other woman... and she ran out the room and he was like limping around.
Well, ummm, gulp, if that's really what you want then I'm willing to do it for you. Happy wife, happy life.

BTW, I really liked my friend's older sister when I was in the 8th grade. I wanted to kiss her but she totally blew me off. I was, "too young for her". So, three of us held her down and I kissed her. It was great too! It wasn't violent. All of us were laughing including his sister. However, when she got back up she kicked my in the balls not thinking it was that big of a deal. Besides hurting a lot, I immediately got sick to my stomach, went outside, and threw up. It took me a long time to get home pushing my bicycle really slow because I was unable to sit on it.
Now there's a charming holiday tale. "Kids! Gather 'round! Uncle Finished is going to tell the kiss and ball kick story again!!!!"

My dream is a fleet of classic cars (
You only need one classic car. My daily driver is a faded paint 1996, which I service. I've yet to repair it after 300,000 klms. It just keeps going.

Of those who taunt me, sometimes the next meet will be in a 1956 Rolls Royce. When some get 'cuddly' they have already been wiped as people I want in my inner circle.

You only need one classic car. My daily driver is a faded paint 1996, which I service. I've yet to repair it after 300,000 klms. It just keeps going.

Of those who taunt me, sometimes the next meet will be in a 1956 Rolls Royce. When some get 'cuddly' they have already been wiped as people I want in my inner circle.

Nice. I just put "1956 Rolls-Royce" into Google Image Search, and it came up with some quite elegant machines.

More would always be great, but yeah, just one classic car would do. It would be nice to go to car shows as a participant instead of a spectator, or just out cruising the boulevards. Any year Mustang SVT Cobra, GT350 or GT500 for me, please.

One of mine, a 1986 Vauxhall-Opel Manta GTE. Still only has 54,000 miles on the clock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126-233809_kindlephoto-714850683.png
    Screenshot_20220126-233809_kindlephoto-714850683.png
    742.2 KB · Views: 2
My daily driver is also 19 years old in March. Vauxhall Omega.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126-234247_kindlephoto-715128457.png
    Screenshot_20220126-234247_kindlephoto-715128457.png
    663.2 KB · Views: 2
Cool cool. Very clean too! Not something you see too often, on this side of the pond.
It's a nice car, gets lots of attention, and still drives well. But the 1970's origins of it's design, are really felt. My daily, 19 years old Omega, makes it feel ancient. But how do you measure fun?

It's a nice car, gets lots of attention, and still drives well. But the 1970's origins of it's design, are really felt. My daily, 19 years old Omega, makes it feel ancient. But how do you measure fun?

Fun is subjective, I'd say. Like with me, I was never into going fast, not really. Some pickup is fun here and there, or just knowing it can move if it wants to. But I had more fun with just cruising, windows down, radio up, on warm spring, summer, and fall nights.

I had a 4th gen Mustang GT, probably too much car for my first, I would have done things differently knowing what I know today. But it was fun, even if it wasn't the fastest car around. Its design origins dated back to that time too, the underpinnings were said to go back to the 3rd gen Mustang which had its debut year in 1979. Honestly I want to try all the generations (except the second, when it lost its way - we can just forget about that) to see how differently each of them drove and how the car evolved over time.

Now who wants to let me drive a first generation Shelby...for "research", you know? ;)

Ooooh a fleet of classic cars, thats cool. Do you ever like cars from famous movies?

Sometimes. I mostly like just regular production examples you might see on the road or at shows. But movie cars...I like the "Smokey and the Bandit" Trans Am, Nash Bridges' Hemi 'Cuda (from a TV show, not a movie), and of course, Steve McQueen's Mustang from "Bullitt".

I wouldn't say "no" to 007's V8 Vantage though!

Yeah I think they are both thrill seekers, they go to theme parks for weekends and go on ride after ride lol Like thats soo not me, and they go to cinemas and watch films back to back its hilarious really, we all make fun of them a little as we find them a little cheesy.

Ah, I see, that's the common trait (thrill seekers) and common interest (theme parks and movies). Hey, as long as they're having fun. Sounds pretty nice, actually.

Okay fellas... humour me!

If you went on a first date, that you already kinda agreed to pay for, like you said "it's my treat" and she ordered the most expensive things, and the bill was getting a little out of budget... what would you do?

Okay fellas... humour me!

If you went on a first date, that you already kinda agreed to pay for, like you said "it's my treat" and she ordered the most expensive things, and the bill was getting a little out of budget... what would you do?
Haha, I can see this situation before my very eye's.

Ok, let's begin assuming that the situation is set somewhere fancy, and the prices range from expensive, through to a week's wage. Good comes in tiny portions, and is heavily faffed about.

Why would anyone take a first date to such a place, especially if it's not representative of who you are.

Next scenario, a more mainstream dining experience. However, there are several disproportionately expensive items on the menu. Perhaps beyond what has been budgeted for.

Again, why be in such a place in a first date. But, if they go ahead and order something beyond your means or good will, you need to discuss it immediately. Else, the date is doomed from hereon in. Likewise, by now, she probably is no the woman you want.

In my opinion, diner dates are a recipe for disaster, pun intended. An antiquated ideology. Initial dates should be informal and fun, free from distractions, undue decisions, anxieties, and cost. But, if you are well bent upon a dinner date, do your research, budget well, pre-emptive decisions using recommendations or offering different experiences. *a gamble in itself.

We could further debate why a guy is with a lady of such expensive taste, assuming he is not necessarily of her expected means. Choose who you date, wisely.

There is the issue of portraying false images, living beyond your means. Or goading false hopes.

Equality.

Yet, should I ever find myself on a date, in a restaurant of discernable value, and my partner insists upon the all-out experience. I'm likely to leave after the first course, having paid for my part of the evening.

Immediately, I can think a several women known to me, who play the game of dining for free. Different gentlemen, least twice a week. They've tried every dish in every restaurant. Some of these ladies are mere thrill seekers, others it's for the attention, whilst a few are what I would describe as men haters, being that her only interest in him, is his wallet.

As a final note. Many of the guys within this group might agree with me, it's becoming a growing consensus amongst men. We are tired of the expectations of certain groups of women, who will expect lavish gestures, expensive dates, and for the man to pay. Because within the same breath, these women will claim to be the strong independent types. Mocking years of struggles for equality. Guys are done with that!

Just keep it simple and fun.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211122-013204_kindlephoto-23212713.png
    Screenshot_20211122-013204_kindlephoto-23212713.png
    593.9 KB · Views: 1
Greggs do sit down now, nothing on the menu's more than a few quid, sorted. Form an orderly queue ladies. 🍖 🥓

Haha, I can see this situation before my very eye's.

Ok, let's begin assuming that the situation is set somewhere fancy, and the prices range from expensive, through to a week's wage. Good comes in tiny portions, and is heavily faffed about.

Why would anyone take a first date to such a place, especially if it's not representative of who you are.

Next scenario, a more mainstream dining experience. However, there are several disproportionately expensive items on the menu. Perhaps beyond what has been budgeted for.

Again, why be in such a place in a first date. But, if they go ahead and order something beyond your means or good will, you need to discuss it immediately. Else, the date is doomed from hereon in. Likewise, by now, she probably is no the woman you want.

In my opinion, diner dates are a recipe for disaster, pun intended. An antiquated ideology. Initial dates should be informal and fun, free from distractions, undue decisions, anxieties, and cost. But, if you are well bent upon a dinner date, do your research, budget well, pre-emptive decisions using recommendations or offering different experiences. *a gamble in itself.

We could further debate why a guy is with a lady of such expensive taste, assuming he is not necessarily of her expected means. Choose who you date, wisely.

There is the issue of portraying false images, living beyond your means. Or goading false hopes.

Equality.

Yet, should I ever find myself on a date, in a restaurant of discernable value, and my partner insists upon the all-out experience. I'm likely to leave after the first course, having paid for my part of the evening.

Immediately, I can think a several women known to me, who play the game of dining for free. Different gentlemen, least twice a week. They've tried every dish in every restaurant. Some of these ladies are mere thrill seekers, others it's for the attention, whilst a few are what I would describe as men haters, being that her only interest in him, is his wallet.

As a final note. Many of the guys within this group might agree with me, it's becoming a growing consensus amongst men. We are tired of the expectations of certain groups of women, who will expect lavish gestures, expensive dates, and for the man to pay. Because within the same breath, these women will claim to be the strong independent types. Mocking years of struggles for equality. Guys are done with that!

Just keep it simple and fun.
I'm gonna be honest, this happened to me before, this guy's sister brought a wowcher voucher for him to eat at some expensive place in central London, so I was thinking oh wow, he pulled out the big bucks for this date.. go him.. anyway, everything I wanted was not included in the voucher, I wasn't being a ***** I genuinely just ordered what I liked whilst being aware of the price, I was saying wow, you must earn loads this place is so expensive, and he was just going a long with it and he almost went purple when I finished ordering. He admitted the truth after the date and showed me the wowcher voucher... I was like yikessss I wish he told me, I would have just stuck to the voucher lol.

Latest posts

Back