Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a question for women.
How far into a different opinion would you be able to date with? Like, let's say you're a Republican. Would you date a Democrat? Or let's say you believe the Earth is round and you think Flat Earthers are insane. Would you date one and just ignore those types of convos?
How far in right or left field is TOO far, or is there no such thing for you?

How far into a different opinion would you be able to date with? Like, let's say you're a Republican. Would you date a Democrat? Or let's say you believe the Earth is round and you think Flat Earthers are insane. Would you date one and just ignore those types of convos?
I'm pretty central in my beliefs. I'm around a lot of conservative folks, and can understand some of their views. I've mostly dated quite conservative men. Finding Ann Coulter's books on a guy's shelf was probably too far for me haha.

Guy here, obviously. But I think this is a good question for either gender.

Personally I would have a very difficult time dating someone with conservative views, as I feel like those views are pretty much ruining what America used to be, and are taking it in a direction I very much disagree with and dislike.

That said, there are a few places where the left loses me.

Actually, I think talking/complaining/ranting about politics, getting all worked up and angry about it, or feeling like giving up on life out of a sense of doom and gloom about it, is a bad habit for me. Honestly, I think an apolitical partner is probably the best bet for me, where we can just shut out the world and focus on the things we enjoy, and on each other's company. And I should learn to kick the political habit, myself.

Well everybody is on the crazy spectrum. Yes, men too. Ha! ha! It could be:
1) He WANTS to be together with you.
1A) He is hurt because it's a form of rejection.
1B) Paying for your food, helping you out, etc, etc, etc is a way for him to make you feel like you owe him.
So, I actually thought this initially. Then I was like well that can't be it because he has nothing I need.
2) He believes a guy should always pay.
2A) By paying him back you are demasculating him, saying his values don't matter to you.
2B) It sends him the message that you have zero interest in dating him.
I thought this as well but I've been up front and honest about what I do and do not want.
3) You said, "since we aren't together."
3A) You just rejected him. It's like pissing in his Cheerios, well, as long as he's not actually into that.
3B) It also says that you really don't want to ever be together. It's like a double rejection. Be careful! He may retaliate.
I don't see it as rejection at all since I've been pretty clear with him.
For myself I absolutely do not care one way or the other if I pay or don't pay for food. I will usually just pay. If someone wants to pay some, pay me back later, pay for all of it, I honestly don't give a honeysuckle. It something is said, then I just say do whatever makes you feel comfortable and then I don't ever bring it back up.
Im not going to say anything else about it to him. Its not that big of a deal I guess but it is odd that he seemed genuinely offended. It probably didn't help that I giggled a bit at the absurdity of it.

Are you turned off by fully grown men into anime? What if, say, it's classic 80-90's anime rather than the disturbing modern/waifu variety?

Wanting to put up a couple of framed posters in a room, but this may be a bad look if a woman were to see it.

Last edited:
Are you turned off by fully grown men into anime?
Not even a little bit. 😁
Wanting to put up a couple of framed posters in a room, but this may be a bad look if a woman were to see it.
if the woman in question is upset about a couple of anime posters in your home, then she’s probably the wrong woman for you.

Are you turned off by fully grown men into anime? What if, say, it's classic 80-90's anime rather than the disturbing modern/waifu variety?

Not at all. It's no different than watching anything else. I will watch anime myself, and I'm not ashamed of anything I get into.

No I am an avid anime fan! Lol I designed a room in my house to be like the “movie room” and it has DBZ character posters framed with blue led lights at the back and around the room framed favourite film posters of all time with orange led lights around them 🙈 its a black room so lol thats why all the lights

I like early morning debates, so I want him to have his own mind and I’ll have mine. So last one, there is no such thing in my book 😇😅

Hmm, a few monthes ago I'd say definitely no to other politics points of view. I was really really sure, but then I realized, it was not true, more likely, that it could be OK if I'm really interested in a person. Of course if he is nor rude and aggressive talking about his point of view and respects mine.
Though I think I wouldn't date a person if he works for a party I don't like... or works in any field that is against my moral principles(killing people, cheating them) - probably that means I wouldn't date a man involved into any politics))

Flat Earthers are too much for me, first of all because it will lead a lot of other issues. Things I belive in are not possible if I belive in a flat earth.

We should be able to talk about something, to do some staff together and probably to spend a lot of time together in a future, so I think the difference can be but shouldn't affect an everyday life a lot. I guess in fact thinkg like faith are a part of a person so it's not only about an opinion. I can't say where exactly is the line, but somewhere between politics and flat earth.

Last edited:
I like early morning debates, so I want him to have his own mind and I’ll have mine. So last one, there is no such thing in my book 😇😅
I have no idea what dimension I'm in, but it's not this one, because my mind keeps autocorrecting that to "early morning diabetes" and I have no idea why. But I agree. I'll talk about anything. Being different doesn't mean there's no compatibility. Disagreeing with someone doesn't mean you can't love and care and get along with them.

I have no idea what dimension I'm in, but it's not this one, because my mind keeps autocorrecting that to "early morning diabetes" and I have no idea why. But I agree. I'll talk about anything. Being different doesn't mean there's no compatibility. Disagreeing with someone doesn't mean you can't love and care and get along with them.
Please dont jinx me I dont want early morning diabetes 😂🙈

Question women... since I always neglect ya !

He's 10/10 personality looks whatever floats ya boat but.... his voice is awful, like super annoying.... will he get a chance?

That’s funny. I can’t think of anyone that has ever had a voice that was annoying. There are people that I can’t stand to hear but it’s because I don’t like them, their ways or the words they use. If I liked the person then their voice probably wouldn’t bother me.

Have never faced it ) Only on the contrary, his voice is magnificent, but neither his looks nor his personality.
I don't like some voices, but I don't like the persons and I'm sure, it's a real reason, not the voice itself.

So I guess, no, there'll be no chances, but I also doubt the voice of a guy(and any person in fact) I like, can be annoying for me.

Honestly ladies this has only happened once, his voice just like 👀 weird. But I have only recently improved on my stutter so i’d still give a guy a chance…

My crush has a voice like butter 🥰

Loud laughs that sound like the wicked witch of the west. Instant turn off.
Well, loudness in general. Doubt I could ever crush on someone who's hyper

Last edited:
Do you have among your female acquaintances someone to get me paired ... someone who is truly humble and rather pretty like me

Latest posts

Back