Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how come if im good looking and the girls like me and I touch their butt it's not sexual harassment...

but if im ugly and they don't like me and I touch their butt it's automatically sexual harassment LMAO

it's not harassment if you like it ROFL

Years ago, a woman who I had known for maybe a week asked me to touch her left breast. Her exact words, I can still hear them, were "go ahead, touch my left breast." We were in public and so obviously fully clothed. Wisely, I declined, though it was the one case in my entire life when I would have felt "safe" doing such a thing, were we not in public, but, given the circumstance, I still would have refused in private. I wasn't dating anyone or committed at the time, but I don't make a habit of intimately touching people who I barely know. Needless to say, I didn't seek out her company again.

Not violating a woman's, or anyone's, personal or physical space comes down to plain kindness and consideration. People shouldn't need any more than that to stop themselves from doing such things.

My question is, ladies when you show interest in a guy but then don't decide to go out on a date with him, what's the main reason you decided that? Or were you just bored and decided to flirt?

Fustar said:
My question is, ladies when you show interest in a guy but then don't decide to go out on a date with him, what's the main reason you decided that? Or were you just bored and decided to flirt?

This has happened to me once, when further communication with the guy showed he wouldn't be a good match for me.

Fustar said:

When I was dating, if I showed interest it was because I wanted to get to know the guy. I used to online date, so for me to show interest it was because I either liked his photo or his profile. If I chose not to go on a date with him after chatting for a bit, it's because there was something about him that didn't really connect with me, or something he said that showed me he might have misrepresented himself on his profile. Just a quick example, one guy's profile said he wasn't a smoker, then I found out he smoked cigarettes and pot. I'm not a smoker, so that turned me off right away.

And it happens to us too. One guy showed interest in me. He said he thought I was pretty from my photos, and that he loved reading my profile; and after a few chats, we talked about food. He told me he was vegan, I'm not. He started to question me about my meat eating and I told him. We ended the chat with a "talk to you tomorrow". I never heard from him again, so I can only assume it was because I wasn't vegan.

Fustar said:

Never happend to me. But I think either it was not a romantic interest or smth happened between this two events that made me to change my mind.

Fustar said:

Just  have second thoughts

I always see women complaining saying things like "Where have all the good men gone?", "Men need to commit and step up more" and "Men aren't traditional anymore and just play video games all day."

My question about this is, why is it that some women seem to think that men are responsible for their happiness and wellbeing in the first place?

LostintheBardo said:
I always see women complaining saying things like "Where have all the good men gone?", "Men need to commit and step up more" and "Men aren't traditional anymore and just play video games all day."

My question about this is, why is it that some women seem to think that men are responsible for their happiness and wellbeing in the first place?

Well, I don't think the first paragraph is necessarily bad things and doesn't really have to mean they are looking for someone else to give them their happiness and well being. I know women who say those things and have no expectations of a man being responsible for that.  Hell, I've said the first one a few times, but that's more specific to the area I live in, where a good majority of the people seem capable of being cast in the movie/TV show Jackass.  :p

Anyway, back to your question.  I think some people just feel that they aren't able to obtain those things for themselves. That someone HAS to take care of them and they couldn't possible be happy without a "good" man and a "good" relationship.  They are likely codependent and insecure.

I gotta a question. Something that sometimes bugs me but because I'm so programmed to do it after years of requests I just do it now because like a dog I am fully trained .I fall for the sudden change in voice tone to sweet and needy but sometimes expectant of me to do it.
I know someone that cited it as one of the main reasons for divorcing because every morning he was given a verbal list of things that needed doing.

When a bloke collapes down on a chair or bed weary after whatever he's been up to all day does a woman ask him to to stuff when he gets up or when they have time?Why when they see you coming don't they ask you to do it then ,why wait and fill there head with extra honeysuckle they have to do while there chilling or first thing in the morning when they already have loads of stuff to do.Do you or alot of women that you know do this or do you/ they just do it themselves or even discuss like who should do honeysuckle that needs doing ASAP or at latest the next day?Do you think men enjoy the fact that there partners expect them to do stuff or do they think men would prefer it if say they got their own cup of tea?Would you honestly prefer a partner that is good at fixing/doing easy honeysuckle or would you in the main just do it yourself in a long term relationship would you feel happier. What do you think?If like your tea is too strong/too weak/too much or not enough milk,"look at the colour of that" when it arrives ,why don't you do it yourself or do you give up and just not have one /leave the honeysuckle that needs fixing or would you learn how to do fixing honeysuckle yourself if say you can't do it already.lf you are single deep down would you prefer a man that is good at making/doing/fixing honeysuckle or would you prefer things to be equal or would you honestly do it yourself.

I of course am perfect and never do the asking.......

I appreciate this is long winded but I hope you get my drift.

Well, I'm perpetually single... but, I would think it depends on what needs done. Lawn Mowers freak me out. So, if I were in a relationship I would ask that he be responsible for that... I could do the weed whacking etc. It should be equal, of course. But I might need to be the one to be nagged in a relationship, if I'm being completely honest. :ROFLMAO:

I think some guys have it in their heads that women have it easy as far as work goes. They seem to think that after they work all day that their responsibility ends there. Same with some women really. Still have the regular honeysuckle they would have to do on their own if they were single, but apparently in a relationship it gets slapped on the other person.

But if you ask for a cup of tea... and your other brings you one, don't ***** if it's not the way you wanted. Be grateful you have some one who wants to make you happy and brought you a **** cup of tea.

I was never one for honey do lists. If something needs done and I either can't do it or wouldn't do it correctly, I would ask him....at the time I noticed it, unless he's at work. Hell, even now, if something needs done that I can't do, I will text him and ask him if he will do it. lol And he usually does....eventually.

As for a verbal list of things. omg, never ever would I do that. Like you are going to remember it all. Now, if it hasn't been done (depending on what it is) for a long time, I would likely start getting annoyed (again, for things I CAN'T or wouldn't be able to do correctly).

As for the tea...are we talking at like a restaurant? Yeah, send your own honeysuckle back. Sounds like she wants to be pampered and treated like a queen with you as the servant than a marriage. Or she has her gender roles seriously stuck back in medieval times.

And yes, it SHOULD be equal, but what is equal? That largely depends with the circumstances and what the two think of "gender roles." Equal in a marriage is subjective and pretty much irrelevant. If you can do it, just do it.

Well, I'm perpetually single... but, I would think it depends on what needs done. Lawn Mowers freak me out. So, if I were in a relationship I would ask that he be responsible for that... I could do the weed whacking etc. It should be equal, of course. But I might need to be the one to be nagged in a relationship, if I'm being completely honest. :ROFLMAO:

I think some guys have it in their heads that women have it easy as far as work goes. They seem to think that after they work all day that their responsibility ends there. Same with some women really. Still have the regular honeysuckle they would have to do on their own if they were single, but apparently in a relationship it gets slapped on the other person.

But if you ask for a cup of tea... and your other brings you one, don't ***** if it's not the way you wanted. Be grateful you have some one who wants to make you happy and brought you a **** cup of tea.

Yeah lawnmowers can be tricky especially when you hit a stone or dog shite hidden in the long grass..oh god the noise,the smell, best to leave it to your other with strengthened boots if your not keen,totally understandable and dig the weeds.I like that vision working together in the garden,supporting each other with the upkeep in a therapeutic setting.
The women in my family both have stressful, target driven ,long hours jobs so with my relaxed hours I try to help as much as possible, I think that's important in a relationship if your other works harder than you to take on more at home with household chores and make the tea,it's only five minutes in a day,I gotta stop moaning,if they come back so shattered they can hardly walk make the tea as long as they don't send it back because its made wrong that really is a no no in my books but hopefully they realise they lucky to have the other to make it because they care about you.

I was never one for honey do lists. If something needs done and I either can't do it or wouldn't do it correctly, I would ask him....at the time I noticed it, unless he's at work. Hell, even now, if something needs done that I can't do, I will text him and ask him if he will do it. lol And he usually does....eventually.

As for a verbal list of things. omg, never ever would I do that. Like you are going to remember it all. Now, if it hasn't been done (depending on what it is) for a long time, I would likely start getting annoyed (again, for things I CAN'T or wouldn't be able to do correctly).

As for the tea...are we talking at like a restaurant? Yeah, send your own honeysuckle back. Sounds like she wants to be pampered and treated like a queen with you as the servant than a marriage. Or she has her gender roles seriously stuck back in medieval times.

And yes, it SHOULD be equal, but what is equal? That largely depends with the circumstances and what the two think of "gender roles." Equal in a marriage is subjective and pretty much irrelevant. If you can do it, just do it.
Glad that you have someone that sorts the honeysuckle that you can't do,that's handy and saves pots of money.Do you rely on him alot? Does he have others that he has to do stuff for? Lol no servants or queens in my family we all do our share in the end just wish she'd ask when I'm standing not just after I've sat down bit hard standing up after a six hour day lol.

I gotta another.
If a man in a short or long term relationship insisted on treating you like a queen how would you respond would you like it, or prefer to sort things out in the relationship to your liking if your really keen on him?

Glad that you have someone that sorts the honeysuckle that you can't do,that's handy and saves pots of money.Do you rely on him alot? Does he have others that he has to do stuff for? Lol no servants or queens in my family we all do our share in the end just wish she'd ask when I'm standing not just after I've sat down bit hard standing up after a six hour day lol.
My kids have learned that if they don't ask something before I sit down, they have to wait until I get up again. They always say "you already sat down" and sulk. lol

Latest posts

Back