Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta another.
If a man in a short or long term relationship insisted on treating you like a queen how would you respond would you like it, or prefer to sort things out in the relationship to your liking if your really keen on him?
I'm actually very independent and don't like being treated like that. Once in a while it would be fine, but we would have to come to some kind of compromise real quick because it would get annoying fast.

I gotta a question.
I prefer a man to be good in fixitng/etc. I mean if a guy can do things it can't be bad it's good in any way. It's better to be wealthy and healty. But I really prefer I can do thing ) I can't do some things myself, like I can't use perforator properly(sometimes I just spin with it)) and the result is usually awfull. But if it's just a screwing smth in a wood for example I like doing it myself(though the result is askew)).
Why asking right now? May be it's happened right now? Oh I've remembered right now (but now I'd just write a message)?
I gotta another.
Like a queen? It's weird, I'd think he's a maniac. And I think it could be quite annoying. I'm not sure what I would do if I like him but I think I'd go away, I'm not a fan of sorting things out.

I gotta another.
If a man in a short or long term relationship insisted on treating you like a queen how would you respond would you like it, or prefer to sort things out in the relationship to your liking if your really keen on him?
What do you consider "treating like a queen?"
I can appreciate kindness and consideration. It's really simple things that make me feel like a queen and cherished.
I have been around people who like to "show off", and one up others through gift giving, going out, etc. It's obnoxious and unnecessary. And feels like they are trying to fill a hole in their own lives.
I did the 5 love languages quiz a little while ago, and I scored 0 on gifts. I prefer to not be constantly given things.

I prefer a man to be good in fixitng/etc. I mean if a guy can do things it can't be bad it's good in any way. It's better to be wealthy and healty. But I really prefer I can do thing ) I can't do some things myself, like I can't use perforator properly(sometimes I just spin with it)) and the result is usually awfull. But if it's just a screwing smth in a wood for example I like doing it myself(though the result is askew)).
Why asking right now? May be it's happened right now? Oh I've remembered right now (but now I'd just write a message)?

Like a queen? It's weird, I'd think he's a maniac. And I think it could be quite annoying. I'm not sure what I would do if I like him but I think I'd go away, I'm not a fan of sorting things out.
Ha ha!..Maniac.This made me laugh a bit and I dunno why but I started thinking stalker someone obsessed with a lady.But apparently alot of gents out there do like to treat their women like Queens because loads of advice can be found on the net..which I looked up and got bored quite quickly..its just not me.

...don't queens usually end up assassinated or hated for their vanity and lack of similarities with the common people?
I think the baseline should be to treat a woman exactly the way you would want to be treated; cared for, pampered to on occasion, left alone to herself on others for some "me" time, overall just like any other human being. Putting someone, any someone, on a pedestal for whatever reason usually doesn't end that well.

As for web advice on websites, well...if it's professionnal articles and the like, most of those are based on snazzy titles and extravagant comments in order to get clicks to generate revenu. It ain't important they be true as much as grab attention well. Don't think I'd give those much of a toss.

What do you consider "treating like a queen?"
I can appreciate kindness and consideration. It's really simple things that make me feel like a queen and cherished.
I have been around people who like to "show off", and one up others through gift giving, going out, etc. It's obnoxious and unnecessary. And feels like they are trying to fill a hole in their own lives.
I did the 5 love languages quiz a little while ago, and I scored 0 on gifts. I prefer to not be constantly given things.
Well as above I had to look it up and there was alot of advice out there but this one stood out to me and made me smile but then I thought honeysuckle I don't do any of these things irl....should I be?

Here it is:Women love it when their men treat them like queens...see I told you lol.

Be a gentleman.Be her King and treat her like your queen. Make her feel loved and appreciated through simple actions such as opening the door for her,pulling out her chair and addressing her politely.While walking together in public,don't shy away from showing her affection by holding her hand.

Would any of you ladies like a bit of this in your life?

Ooops, does treating like queen mean being addressing politely? ))

I don't like the idea of holding hands while walking though.
But i must confess i like when people add to their speech 'hi', 'please' and all that royal staff))) (one of my coworkers used to began a dialog with what he needed from me and that was annoying, but now he's turning to a King)

Ooops, does treating like queen mean being addressing politely? ))

I don't like the idea of holding hands while walking though.
But i must confess i like when people add to their speech 'hi', 'please' and all that royal staff))) (one of my coworkers used to began a dialog with what he needed from me and that was annoying, but now he's turning to a King)
Holding hands it's strange because I don't know why but it's difficult for me too . I'm ok if no one is around .But if anyones approaching they are concealed behind our backs sharpish or I simply let go which is frustrating for your partner.Even seeing other people I can't put my finger on exactly why it doesn't appeal.I just feel vunerable I suppose or maybe it's being introverted ,not wanting to stand out..the thought of people looking at you and what they are thinking.

Y'all are just nuts. I like holding hands, screw the people ;-)
Of course, my last time was about 14 years ago, so it might have expired since then. Unless you count my daughters (and I do, because they are easily the MOST awesome girls I ever met in my life :D)

I got a bit of a personal question for women. I have somewhat of a crush on a coworker. I'm debating wether to actually say something or not, but considering very traumatic things in my personnal history, she views me as either a bit cryptic, or a complete psychopath for some of the very weird half-answers I had to give her. Sometimes I get the feeling she wouldn't completely mind, others she's a block of ice who wants to be left alone, which I totally respect.
So should I? How do you, as women, like to be approached by someone who has an interest in you? Forward, toss it in your face kind of way, or subtle with little hints?

^
On the one hand I don't understand hints on the other a direct question suggest a direct answer. I'd prefer a forward way and a confidence there will be no offences if the answer is negative.

^
On the one hand I don't understand hints on the other a direct question suggest a direct answer. I'd prefer a forward way and a confidence there will be no offences if the answer is negative.
I agre, so do I, but the problem is to answer truthfully would require discussing some heavy duty personnal events that might scare someone off. I also don't like lying, so I kind of...swerve around the truth. But I don't feel I can go into details even if it would explain much. Kind of hardcore stuff for a "I like you and want to know you better" phase.

Edit: I still want to know the answer to this, but it became less urgent, I learned she already has a boyfriend. Whick kind of relieves me. No, I'm not going to explain that statement ;-)

Last edited:
.What do you think?If like your tea is too strong/too weak/too much or not enough milk,"look at the colour of that" when it arrives ,why don't you do it yourself or do you give up and just not have one /leave the honeysuckle that needs fixing or would you learn how to do fixing honeysuckle yourself if say you can't do it already.lf you are single deep down would you prefer a man that is good at making/doing/fixing honeysuckle or would you prefer things to be equal or would you honestly do it yourself.
This question makes me smile cause my mother always complains about (many things, between them the fact that) I've never had a man good at those kind of things like fixing, repairing, building etc 😂

I'm terrible at fixing too so I still asks him to do it -I don't expect him to do it straight away or even to do it all, just ask.
He usually tries to help me but the results are never so good 😂
Last time he has put up a library for me but some of the shelves are reverse so we laughed about it and now I pay someone to do it.
I'm not able to do it myself and I'm also too lazy to learn so until I'll be able to pay, no problem 😂

I prefer a man to be good in fixitng/etc.
I've always been good at fixing things. **** near anything. I've always felt I'd be the guy to have near in an apocalypse, I could restart the power plants, build the community center, keep the farm equipment working... I don't often fail at what I attempt to build or fix.

Know what? It has never helped my love life.

well, coming from a woman who isn't "normal" I can tell you what I like. On the first date, I like to learn about that person, even if he likes baseball! I usually ask a lot of questions about what the guy is interested in...lol I love learning new things. I also like to hear personal stories! And I even like to be silly....lol If a man can get silly with me, thats great!!!! I like to hear about what their goals are in life and at some point, I'm really hoping to have some kind of heart to heart connection. While all these other things are great to learn about, I really CRAVE something deeper, something REAL. I love someone who can make me think and stimulate my mind with ideas.
I like talking about philosophical questions and whatever a person is passionate about. I like a man with convictions, who is open minded and not afraid to say what he thinks. I sometimes throw out things to see how open he can be. If I see he is not on that level, I back away. The usual reasons that I don't go back out is if they showed bad behavior or if they weren't on my "level." Now that doesn't mean I am judgeing my "level" as better than anyone else because no one is better than another person. It simply means that the levels are DIFFERENT and I have found it hard to find someone as different as I am. I want a man just like me...lol I don't like opposites. :)
well put..I agree...a nice interesting conversation with both being honest as to who they are...I am not materialistic at all so don't need to be wined and dined anymore....I love the simple things in life....someone who is down to earth...not stuffy....BUT I also agree about the haircut, nose hairs, shower and clean shirt....

Also if sex is not mentioned it is a total wonderful thing to me...let it happen, we all know you want it...I don't sleep with strangers and the first couple of dates a man is basically still a stranger to me....I got hooked into a couple of years with a narcissist without being more into me, and not having strong boundaries...the red flags were there, I was lonely...doesn't work..

How do you feel about a man withholding the fact he's a virgin?

This question comes up on reddit. Some argue that since this may affect a woman's decision to sleep with a man he should say or else it's lying by omission (by passing oneself off as a normal experienced adult).

Just to be clear I'm not asking whether it's better to be honest but whether there's an ethical obligation to disclose.

Last edited:
How do you feel about a man withholding the fact he's a virgin before sex?

This question comes up on reddit. Some argue that since this may affect a woman's decision to sleep with a man, he should say or else it's lying by omission (by passing oneself off as a normal experienced adult).

Just to be clear I'm not asking whether it's better to be honest but whether there's an ethical obligation to disclose.
I don't view it as an ethical concern, as it's not like he's withholding the fact that he has an STD or something. If it's all consensual, he has the right to be experienced, or non-experienced as any woman would.

How do you feel about a man withholding the fact he's a virgin?

This question comes up on reddit. Some argue that since this may affect a woman's decision to sleep with a man he should say or else it's lying by omission (by passing oneself off as a normal experienced adult).

I don't think there is an ethical obligation and I can understand why a man would prefer not to tell.

Latest posts

Back