Quiet

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like quiet. I strive to make the world quiet again. Every evening I can hear bass coming from vehicles as they head home. I hear sirens about three times a week coming from rush hour traffic a few miles away.

I would LOVE to be able to turn my hearing on and off. That would be the absolute best thing ever! What sounds would you miss hearing?

What sounds would you miss hearing?
traffic

I live in a city.
When I am crossing a street, I often hear a car coming before I see it. I have often thought that just getting around the city would be more difficult if I became hearing impaired.

traffic

I live in a city.
When I am crossing a street, I often hear a car coming before I see it. I have often thought that just getting around the city would be more difficult if I became hearing impaired.
Good point! I rely so much on my site though. I do not like hearing stuff.

But, being a mechanic, I can diagnose a lot of things before repairs are needed and what's wrong just by listening to how things sound. For instance I was cutting some metal today and my grinder started scretching at a different frequency. So, I know the bearings are going out. Now I can replace the bearings before they come apart causing more damage or causing my another injury. Without hearing that will all be gone.

It's funny, I'll be near a vehicle that is starting and I'll hear it struggle and immediately think, hey! It's time for a new battery. ha! ha!

a grinder is too loud for me

it sounds like shrieking.... like fingernails across the blackboards that used to exist

I can't wait until the weather allows me to grind off old paint that needs replacing. That honeysuckle is so comforting and mellow. Also, to sharpen the blades. So gratifying to see sparks

no one is cutting crusts...wiping bottoms....or hell, absorbing one into basic conversation. Hmm, I'm seven ways messed up..but this would make for a very interesting thesis for basic sociology class

Latest posts

Back